Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom phonewatch

Options
  • 04-07-2012 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭

Hi Eircom representatives,
    I am in the process of getting an Eircom alarm installer out to do a survey on my house for phonewatch.
    Now I have been reading up and I keep seeing things online about GSM jammers being readily available?
    I rang your sales team this morning but I found the lady there to be unhelpful.
    I was wondering if someone on here could put my mind at ease in this regard.

Many thanks
    Cuchulainn1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi Eircom representatives,
    I am in the process of getting an Eircom alarm installer out to do a survey on my house for phonewatch.
    Now I have been reading up and I keep seeing things online about GSM jammers being readily available?
    I rang your sales team this morning but I found the lady there to be unhelpful.
    I was wondering if someone on here could put my mind at ease in this regard.

Many thanks
    Cuchulainn1

Hi Cuchulainn1,

Thank you for your post. You will need to speak with an eircom PhoneWatch technical adviser on this alarm installation issue. They will be able to advise you on your GSM query and if this is related directly to the eircom PhoneWatch setup.

Please call either : 1850 500 900 /or 1850 753 753

Let me know if you need further.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Ok thanks Ant have advisor coming on Friday.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A few questions to ask any alarm installer you are thinking of using..

Can your GSM dialled be jammed.?
    The answer is yes... There is no GSM device that can't be jammed.
    Also ask can your alarm be connected to other phone providers like UPC etc.
    The answer here is also yes. Eircom for some reason will say no.
    Are all ground floor and accessible windows and doors protected by both sensors and contacts? Sensors alone will not tell you if a window is open when your setting the alarm.
    Contacts alone will not activate if a window is broken. I also don't recommend PiRs instead
    of window or door sensors. On a system like this the burglars are going to be in the house before the alarm activates.
    Ask is an external bell included, if not how much extra is this?
    Ask what's covered under your service contacts, are all calls covered?
    If you are paying annual maintenance you should not have to pay any other charges in relation to calls to maintain the system.
    Ask if you can ,in the future, change the system to self monitoring, if you don't wish to continue paying for monitoring.
    After that I would recommend getting at least 2 other surveys from 2 other licensed company's. Most will do all of the above.
    If you want the most secure form of monitoring ask about Radio Digis.

Advertisement