Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

English Language support with Hardwareversand.de products.

• 04-07-2012 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hej all. I notice that a great many Boards users frequently post about Hardwareversand and looking at the prices and with fixed shipping, it's no wonder. My question is whether goods sold(laptops, phones etc) come preloaded with English operating systems. It's clearly a German site. I am just curious if saving 75 euros is going to land me with a foreign-language computer. So if you've bought a prebuilt machine from HWVS, was everything in English? Is there a language option after you purchase? Is it much easier to change Windows default language than I've realised? All help is appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Mr Manfred wrote: »
    Hej all. I notice that a great many Boards users frequently post about Hardwareversand and looking at the prices and with fixed shipping, it's no wonder. My question is whether goods sold(laptops, phones etc) come preloaded with English operating systems. It's clearly a German site. I am just curious if saving 75 euros is going to land me with a foreign-language computer. So if you've bought a prebuilt machine from HWVS, was everything in English? Is there a language option after you purchase? Is it much easier to change Windows default language than I've realised? All help is appreciated.

Laptops will more than likely come with a German keyboard. Your probably best off using it only for building computers, you can get software from another retailer then like elara or dabs. The windows key you get if purchasing the german os may even activate Windows 7 you can download here, it may even be multi-language, I don't think it would be though

Nick

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

yoyo wrote: »
    Laptops will more than likely come with a German keyboard. Your probably best off using it only for building computers, you can get software from another retailer then like elara or dabs. The windows key you get if purchasing the german os may even activate Windows 7 you can download here, it may even be multi-language, I don't think it would be though

Nick

Basically it goes like this:
    -All hardware is mulitlingual, apart from keyboards which are German layout.

-PSUs have an EU plug, so you need to get an adapter or an Irish/UK or power cord. Most people have loads lying around the place anyway.

-Software will be in German. If you are buying a prebuilt desktop, most don't come with windows anyway so you'll have to get it separately. They sell both English and German versions of windows, but the German version is cheaper. Even if you get the German version you can download the English version of Windows 7 Home Premium, and just use the licence key as its valid for all languages.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mr Manfred

Thanks guys. That's great to know. The BIOS and CMOS settings would all be in German too right if it's a German motherboard? In my own current computer I can't see any options to change the language of this and if there were how would I understand how to do it from German :P .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Thanks guys. That's great to know. The BIOS and CMOS settings would all be in German too right if it's a German motherboard? In my own current computer I can't see any options to change the language of this and if there were how would I understand how to do it from German :P .

I think for most mainboards you can choose a bios language in the bios, can't be bothered rebooting my machine to check but whenever you buy a motherboard the booklet it ships with is usually multi lingual in my expierience so I'm sure the bios language settings are there somewhere in the bios.

Nick

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

If your current computer is a Dell/HP/whatever I would understand, as they tend to lock out most BIOS options. However on a custom build that wouldn't be the case, and as far as I remember every single motherboard I've used has had language options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Mr Manfred

Yup - it's a Dell. Many more thanks yoyo and deconduo.

Advertisement