Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from American Football forum, silence from both Mods who I have contacted.

Options
  • 04-07-2012 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I was banned from the american football forum for allegedly "touting".

All my post said was that I had upper tier tickets for a game but wanted premium level. I was therefore willing to exchange my two upper tier tickets (@ face value €70) and €110 in cash for two premium tickets (face value €180).

Everything about this post is totally legit and at face value, and in reality is no different to offering to buy tickets for cash.

I have raised this with one moderator, Neil3030, who did not answer my query as to how this could be considered touting. but just said that he was seeking a second opinion. This was over 24 hours ago.

I also contacted another mod, Frisbee, who told me that i should speak to Neil3030.

Basically, as a first time poster i think that what is a good site is being let down by over zealous moderators who not alone obviously don't read posts correctly, but also haven't got the courtesy to respond to queries in a timely and sensible manner.

The whole concept of a unilateral ban without seeking clarification from a poster is also rather arcane, particularly if a post isn't defamatory, indecent or along racial/homophobic lines.

I'd be obliged for feedback on this if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

barry1982 wrote: »
    This was over 24 hours ago.

haven't got the courtesy to respond to queries in a timely and sensible manner.

You need to readjust your perception of timely and sensible manner. The mods are volunteers and have things to do outside moderation. If the mod hasn't come back to you within another 48 hours, come back here.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Resolved by PM.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement