Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CID

• 04-07-2012 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi,

I've taught in a secondary school for 3 years now. In year one I started in March on full hours Mat Cover. In year two I had my own contract of 16.5 hours and finally this year was on full hours. I'm also on full hours next year. How long do I have to be on full hours for to get a CID?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris68

You need to have completed 4 contracts (in a row, no breaks) where the hours are all your own. When you start the 5th contract it should be a CID. The hours that you had in your 4th contract will dictate the hours you're entitled to in your CID. The CID only comes once you have started the 5th contract; i.e. you can be let go after 4 with nothing. Mat cover is not your own hours and so doesn't count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭linguist

Surely it suffices for a portion of the hours to be your own. As long as you have an RPT component to your hours which continues (even if it increases or decreases) for four years, at the end of year 4, you get a CID for the RPT hours you had in the fourth year. Is that not right?

The OP would still appear to be in the same position as regards their fourth year, but if in year 1 they had done 14 hours maternity leave and five hours RPT, they would now be eligible for CID surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris68

linguist wrote: »
    Surely it suffices for a portion of the hours to be your own. As long as you have an RPT component to your hours which continues (even if it increases or decreases) for four years, at the end of year 4, you get a CID for the RPT hours you had in the fourth year. Is that not right?
    Yes, sorry I wasn't clear enough. So long as some of the hours are your own then the contract will count as one of the 5 contracts. Should also note that all 5 contracts need to be with the same school and/or same VEC.

linguist wrote: »
    The OP would still appear to be in the same position as regards their fourth year, but if in year 1 they had done 14 hours maternity leave and five hours RPT, they would now be eligible for CID surely?
    Not yet. In that scenario they have contract 1 = 5 hours, contract 2 = 16.5 hours, contract 3 = 22 hours and contract 4 about to begin = 22 hours. Assuming at least 18 of those 22 hours are their own and that those hours still exist after this year to provide a 5th contract then he/she will be entitled to the full 22 hour CID at that stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Hi OP, not sure your first year will count towards CID if you only started in March. So next year will be your 3rd year by my reckoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭KaiserLu

Many thanks everyone! Tryin to work it out on the Union's website was proving tough! Another two years until the land of milk and honey so! Cheers once again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement