Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can I get a plant called violet wood sorrel

Options
  • 04-07-2012 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I am trying to get a plant called Violet wood-sorrel. It is a type of sleeping shamrock with pink purplish flowers.
    Any help or advice welcome. Thanks

Ps I am not a gardner or do not have any knowledge of planting so all help welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Chiltern Seeds or Plant World Seeds usually have the difficult-to-find plants or seeds and neither of them seem to have your Oxalis violacea.
    Ebay.co.uk have some from a US seller if you want to try that.

I have the pink oxalis and much as I like it, it's a demon to control or get rid of! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Rancid wrote: »
    I have the pink oxalis and much as I like it, it's a demon to control or get rid of! :eek:
    I agree, we had some growing around the base of a rose and when we had our garden re-done a while ago I rooted it all out, or so I thought ...
    23r05c4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭woolyhat

Hi Thank you all for replys. Alun your picture is exactely the one I am looking for. I had quite alot of them myself but thik they were dug up and taken:confused:now in places there are brown versions of it with small yellow flowers do this mean they will come back in those areas?
    I am very anxious to get these flowers again. Is there any chance where they were dug up that they will ever again come back?Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

woolyhat wrote: »
    ....I am very anxious to get these flowers again. Is there any chance where they were dug up that they will ever again come back?Thanks again
    I don't think that there is any chance that they will NOT come back!

Every year for more than 10 years I've removed every visible bit of oxalis and looking out now in the rain I can see it flowering successfully in the middle of the campanula! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

But they are gone now for over a year . would anyone else on here happen to know if the leaves turn brown and produce small yellow flowers when (and if) they are comming back? because that is what have grown in their place??

dwgs7

Advertisement