Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too late?

Options
  • 04-07-2012 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Hi all I am a 19 year old male who dropped out of college a year and a half ago. I applied for a PLC back in April and got offered a place 2 weeks ago. I also applied for BTEA. The reason why I applied for the PLC was because I was told by the woman i'd only get the BTEA if I did a PLC first before going into DKIT. I was down with the social welfare and I was given the nod that I will be getting BTEA from September on. Thing is I really want to go straight into DKIT instead of going down the whole PLC route. I think CAO is closed :mad: so have I missed the chance to apply for DKIT? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Sadly, I think you may have. However, get in touch with the DKIT Admissions Office and see if they have any other info. Sometimes courses do not get filled. When this happens a list of Vacant Places goes up on the CAO. I *think* you could get in that way if the course you wanted had vacant places, assuming you meet entry requirements. Best thing to do is contact DKIT and maybe the CAO.

However, it might be no harm to go down the route of the PLC course. It can be hard to get back into the swing of assignments etc after being out of college for a while, and a PLC course (where there usually is slightly less pressure) may be a good way to get used to academic life again.

Advertisement