Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommendations of mac shadow combinations

• 04-07-2012 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone!

I never experiment with eye shadows and usually wear something light that wears off soon or I go without altogether!

So I really want to invest in some mac shadows because I know they're known for lasting hours which is exactly what I want as I want to start being more adventurous!

Ideally I want to invest in two or three colours that all go well together and blend nicely to give one really good look. I thought the Internet would be full of ideas but I actually haven't found much to be honest so was hoping some experts here might help with their techniques and secrets!

I have blue eyes and light brown/dark blonde hair. However I don't actually want to go down the bronze/golden shades yet. So I'd love some more suggestions around this maybe? I remember seeing a girl in a nightclub who had amazing pink eye shadow (that kinda sounds a bit gawdy but it was actually a lovely shimmery look that i always associate with mac shadows) and she said it was mac that she used but I don't know the exact shades!

I'm not too mad keen on blue shadows but maybe that just stems from bad experiences is due to my inexperience!

Anyway any advice or recommendations would be really appreciated as I'd love to master one "look" first and that might help me get into it and experiment a bit more then!

Thanks a mil!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I tend to stick with golds & browns so probably not much help to you on shade suggestions but just wanted to suggest having a look at Temptalia, the lady who writes it is a Mac obsessive & has hundreds of looks posted using Mac shadows (and others) so it's a great place to see colour combinations

http://www.temptalia.com/category/looks/pink

Mac eyeshadows do last ages but will last longer with a primer underneath (and using one will make even cheapie shadows 'pop' more & last longer so that's a great investment as well. I use & love Urban Decays Primer Potion

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

I tend to stick with golds & browns so probably not much help to you on shade suggestions but just wanted to suggest having a look at Temptalia, the lady who writes it is a Mac obsessive & has hundreds of looks posted using Mac shadows (and others) so it's a great place to see colour combinations

http://www.temptalia.com/category/looks/pink

Mac eyeshadows do last ages but will last longer with a primer underneath (and using one will make even cheapie shadows 'pop' more & last longer so that's a great investment as well. I use & love Urban Decays Primer Potion

Thanks a million for that tip! I always use primer for foundation but never think of using it for eyeshadow too! Is that urban decay one specifically for shadows or is it just a normal foundation primer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

It's specifically for eyes, a normal face primer might work as well but have never tried one on my eyes. Really does work though, for me at least, have woken up after fuzzy nights out with my eye make-up pretty much perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

Do you have the naked palette? I think that'd be a great way to start with eye shadows, I've been using mine on a daily basis since I got it last year! A lot of the colours that pair well together are placed beside each other, it also has a few pinky colours like the ones you stated you liked :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

the naked pallette comes with the eyeshadow primer too. its very good for a starter set!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

Do you mean that you want something neutral but not bronze/golden or do you mean you want something more colourful and not neutral? Just to add to MissFlitworths recommendation for temptalia, have a look at this page with pictures of loads of mac permanent colours: http://www.temptalia.com/mac-eyeshadow-palettes-permanent-eyeshadows-april-2010

Do you remember if the pink was a light pink or stronger? Maybe it was stars n rockets or pink freeze? I'm not as familiar with bright mac shadows as neutrals but humid is a nice forest green you might like. A not too dark neutral combo I like is patina on the lid and lower lashline, handwritten in the crease and phloof in the inner corners.

Also look at this website which has tonnes of combos with pics: http://www.myeyeshadowconsultant.com/eyeshadow-directory/ If you see a shade you like on temptalia check if there's combos for it on this website. Or else just browse by colour until you see something you like.

Advertisement