Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings Online

Options
  • 04-07-2012 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

has anyone played this since its gone free to play on steam? id like to check it out but bandwidth is an issue at the minute. is there only so far you can go without spending money or is it a bit more like 'pay to win' where i can only get the good stuff if i pay for it?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I believe that you get levels 0 - 50 and the core lord of the rings quest line free, but most of the large expansions have to be paid for ... you would have a good idea by the time you hit 50 whether or not you would want to buy them ...

You cant get better equipment using gold (bought with real money), but you can get horses, clothes, perks (+stamina etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Xeyn

Yeah, there is enough free content for you to try it out and see if you like it. But you'll need to spend money on quest packs and expansions to get the most out of it. I can't remember what other locks they have for the non premium version of the game.
    I haven't played it since the last major expansion but I had a lot of fun before then. There is plenty of grind involved but I think it's more fun than most mmo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

thanks, i might check it out when my bandwidth isnt such a problem

Advertisement