Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did not change my mind for the CAO

• 04-07-2012 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I know I should have sorted it out earlier but i completely forgot to do my change of mind until that day the 1st of July, but when I went to sort it I forgot my application number. I tried ringing up to find it because I had no emails containing it but there was no answer and after ringing a few times more I assumed it was because it was the weekend.

Luckily I have 6 or so courses down from when I first applied but after sitting the Leaving Cert they seem a small bit optimistic and I doubt I will get any of them.

I'm just here to ask does anyone know if there will be another chance for me to change my mind ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

You should get a letter from the CAO today or tomorrow. You can fill out your preferred ten courses on it and send it back, but they have to have it within seven days of you receiving the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RyanHHH

Thats okay then, thanks very much for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

Togepi wrote: »
    You should get a letter from the CAO today or tomorrow. You can fill out your preferred ten courses on it and send it back, but they have to have it within seven days of you receiving the letter.

can we? is that the statement thing that they always send us? :)

imelle wrote: »
    can we? is that the statement thing that they always send us? :)

Yeah that's the one, you need to be quick in sending it back though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

oh thankyou i had no idea :D yay i can swap my 1st and 2nd choice for the 37th time :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Are you sure everyone gets another one? I got one ages ago, and was told in school only people that have changed already will get them in the bunch that are posted July 1st.

GarIT wrote: »
    Are you sure everyone gets another one? I got one ages ago, and was told in school only people that have changed already will get them in the bunch that are posted July 1st.

If you haven't changed it at all in May or June then they probably won't send you out one.

If anyone's in that situation it's probably best to ring ring the CAO immediately to see if they can help you at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 CAOMAN

If you haven't changed it at all in May or June then they probably won't send you out one.

If anyone's in that situation it's probably best to ring ring the CAO immediately to see if they can help you at all.

Only applicants that changed their chocies since June 26th will receive a Statement of Course Choices which will allow them to amend thier choices on that Statemetn and return it to CAO before Juky 9th.

All who changed before that date have already been posted a Statement of Course Choices but their change to change has passed.

if you did not change your course choices, then you will not be posted a Statement of Course Choices.

Advertisement