Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB & Mortgage Interest Relief

Options
  • 04-07-2012 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi All
    We have a mortgage with PTSB and have been waiting since Jan for the tax relief to be passed onto us, we bought our house is 2007 so we are entitled to the 30% rate of interest relief.
    I recieved a letter from PTSB today informing us that the new rate was applied, hoever we have only recieved a reduction of 60 per month and apparently that included the back payment from Jan. I was informed that we got the first 25% applied at the start of the year however our mortgage never went down in fact it increased by 1o euro.
    Who can I contact because they are not helpful at all!

Or can anyone tell me based on a mortgage of 315K on a tracker rate of 2.1% - what the interest relief should be? The balance on our mortgage is 295K over 365 months

Thanks

very frustrated PTSB customer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

Revenue TRS office are usually quite helpful 1890 46 36 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Jonathan222

New to this so hopefully I have posted to the correct forum.

I bought a house in 2005 and claimed TRS on this property until 2009 when I bought a second home and rented out the first one. I stopped claiming TRS on the first home in 2009 as it was not my principal residence and never got around to claiming it on the new house (as a second time buyer) so I'm just wondering can I claim TRS from 2009 on the second home up until now?

Thanks

Advertisement