Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potentially failing Maths..

• 04-07-2012 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭

Alright so the more I think about it, the more I think I've failed Maths, I found the 2 papers fairly hard but I attempted everything I could in them.

The thing is, I've been accepted into a PLC course already which I'm gonna take and I know you can repeat maths in there if you fail it...

But with Project Maths Paper 1 being introduced next year, does anyone know what I'd have to sit if this did happen? or what the story is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

I would also like to know about this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

I am fairly sure you would have to take the project maths one! as i think they can't give out other ones for people who are repeating, if the paper that year is the project maths you will have to do that one. I think you don't know yet if you failed or not! theres nothing you can do yet so wait and see the results first before you worry, good luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

amyleaving wrote: »
    I am fairly sure you would have to take the project maths one! as i think they can't give out other ones for people who are repeating, if the paper that year is the project maths you will have to do that one. I think you don't know yet if you failed or not! theres nothing you can do yet so wait and see the results first before you worry, good luck :)

Sweet Jesus...

I'll literally have to try teach that course to myself then, please god I scraped a pass!

Thanks for your help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

I hope you passed too! and i hope i passed too :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

did you attempt every question? did you leave any parts empty? once you gave them something to correct that's great, maths won't be corrected harshly this year anyway. Good luck :)

• Advertisement

Sunny!! wrote: »
    did you attempt every question? did you leave any parts empty? once you gave them something to correct that's great, maths won't be corrected harshly this year anyway. Good luck :)

I left a few questions over the whole two papers blank but only if I had absolutely no idea what to do or where to start, for any I wasn't sure on, I just attempted and put in the correct formula, etc.

Alot of people have said that alright, hopefully it'll be corrected handy anyway haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭bren2001

Sweet Jesus...

I'll literally have to try teach that course to myself then, please god I scraped a pass!

Thanks for your help :)

Course isnt that different. Same paper 2, most of the principals on paper 1 remain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭crayon1

I repeated this year and I had to sit the project maths paper 2. Very different from the course year before! Hated the project maths! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭bren2001

crayon1 wrote: »
    I repeated this year and I had to sit the project maths paper 2. Very different from the course year before! Hated the project maths! :(

The paper 2 is vastly different than the old course. Very little of it is relevant. But the change in Paper 1 isnt as bad. A lot of the stuff from the old course is still relevant and the questions wont change too much.

Alright so my questions been answered, thanks lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Try not to worry too much, I genuinely thought I failed a few years ago, I had a nosebleed before paper 1 & felt so sick in the exam. I made some really really dumb mistakes that literally no one would ever make because they were so simple. Came out with a B2. & I'm not one of those people who thinks they fail everything, I usually know how well I've done. I actually had to look at the result 10 times because I thought I must be looking at the wrong thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

Alright so the more I think about it, the more I think I've failed Maths, I found the 2 papers fairly hard but I attempted everything I could in them.

The thing is, I've been accepted into a PLC course already which I'm gonna take and I know you can repeat maths in there if you fail it...

But with Project Maths Paper 1 being introduced next year, does anyone know what I'd have to sit if this did happen? or what the story is?
    Don't be stressing There is nothing you can do at this stage, you did your best in the maths exam
    So enjoy your summer:)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭opticalillusion

How did ye get on??

Advertisement