Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Brigids N.S Greystones

Options
  • 04-07-2012 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,

I am hoping to start my child in St Brigids National School in Greystones in September. (Subject to there being a place available).

I would love to hear from any parents who already have children in the school as to what their views are on the school.

Any advice or views would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mounty

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

Hi Mounty,

You're going to hear good and bad stories about every school, no matter how posh, or expensive or otherwise they are.

Personally speaking, I think the school is fantastic. Teachers are excellent and you can always speak with them on a one to one basis about the progress of your child(ren) or any concerns you have. The only negative point I have is that I wish they were more keen on sporting activities through the school.

I'm very happy with them and would recommend them.

Good luck with your place.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Dr.Silly wrote: »
    Hi Mounty,
    Personally speaking, I think the school is fantastic. Teachers are excellent and you can always speak with them on a one to one basis about the progress of your child(ren) or any concerns you have. The only negative point I have is that I wish they were more keen on sporting activities through the school.

I'm very happy with them and would recommend them.
    I would agree with that 100%.

My only complaints are that the pupil / teacher ratio is not great for some classes and I don't like that running is forbidden in the playground.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭abacus120

I also find the school great,really lovely teachers but agree on the sport side of it also,you will hear good and bad stories about all schools

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

2011 wrote: »
    I would agree with that 100%.

My only complaints are that the pupil / teacher ratio is not great for some classes and I don't like that running is forbidden in the playground.

I have never heard of a school that bans running in the playground, is it unusual?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I have never heard of a school that bans running in the playground, is it unusual?
    I don't know how normal this is, but it is a rule that is enforced in St. Bridgets.
    I appreciate that they have their reasons, but it is still something that disappoints me.

I don't want to focus too much on the negatives, overall it is an excellent school, with fantastic teachers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 mounty

Thanks a million to everyone for your very helpful replies. Much appreciated! Mounty

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

I have a child there who is very happy. The school seems well run and organised; regular texts are sent to inform parents of what is going on. My only concern is that the class sizes are very large, but other schools have the same situation.If you need to have a chat with the teacher, they always make time, albeit a little pushed as they are so busy!No complaints about it. My child is happy, so therefore I am happy too!

Advertisement