Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

job seeker allowance and sole trade

Options
  • 04-07-2012 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi
    I am registering as a sole trade shortly but i am still working for a company. does anybody know if i made redundant would i still qualify on job seeker allowance payment. i dont expect to be making any money as a sole trader probably as little as 100 euro a month at the beggining so i dont really want to end in the situation not having ( cannot make a living on 100e ) any income even from social welfare. my company isnt doing well so i am a little afraid...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 liam473

My advice is register online for Jobseekers Allowance asp as it can take 8 weeks to process your claim. If you are made redundant, then make sure you look into top-slicing relief once you have left your company.

Registering as a sole trader via CRO does not affect your claim, it only has an impact if your sole trader status starts generating income in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rfusik

Thanks Liam !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

You can't apply for benefit until you are out of work.
    Take a look at the back to work scheme to see if you qualify .

Advertisement