Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell u2410 or 2412??

Options
  • 04-07-2012 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

Well after five good years with my trusty dell 22" I've decided il treat myself to an upgrade and I was thinking of maybe a 24 incher.

I've been eyeballing the dell u2410 and it seems like a great monitor and can be got for 440 euro but there's also a 2412 version as well. My question is with would be a better choice to go for, I be mostly using it for photo/video editing and when I got time gaming. Also to note the dell 2711 is priced at 615 euro (not from dell) so would I be better of going the 2560x1440 route

excuse the English not much of a poet
    biggrin.gif
    regards Jon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Yeah they are pretty amazing deals but I think whats putting me off is the warranty situation I mean if anything happens you have to send it back and they either replace or fix and send it back to you and it might get caught in customs again which leads to more money to pay or am I been paranoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Look at if this way:

2xcatleap monitors = 1 dell 2711.

Even if your catleap dies in 2 years you will just buy one more. A lot of lads using those catleaps on these forums and love them. No issues so far.

I would just go for catleap in your situation, and that comes from fella who ones dell 2312hm :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah at least give the korean models some consideration. the majority of people who get them have next to no problems and if you order form a seller with a decent return policy you'll be pretty well covered on the off chance you're one of the unlucky few.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I've used both the U2410 and 2412. I'm currently sitting a a machine with the 2412 as an external display, as it happens.

If you really need the colour accuracy, I'd go for the 2410. It is the superior monitor, and there is a noticeable difference between it and it's newer brother. That being said, the 2412 is no slouch. I don't do that much work that requires the sort of precision the 2410 offers, but I do appreciated a high quality display, so I started using the 2412 as my primary monitor, and I haven't been disappointed.

I can't say much RE Catleap - the main reason I haven't picked up one of those is that I really don't like glossy displays - but a lot of people here have used them and are really happy.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

there are a few matte korean displays but yeah in the main they're glossy

i'd never used a screen as glossy as this before, my lcd tv was pretty glossy but it had a minimal matte coating on it I think as it wasn't anywhere near as reflective as the potalion

still not an issue, when i'm not focusing on anything I sometimes notice myself in the screen but if i'm reading or gaming or watching a movie I wouldn't even know I'm there.

plus I get to make faces at myself during loading screens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I got a refurbished U2711 a week ago for €480 (should have been 460 but paypal really ****ing screws you over with conversion fees) inc 30 month next day replacement warranty. There isn't a mark on it, its pretty much brand new.

Couldn't be happier (well, I would like a GTX670 to go with it :D). I can't stand dead pixels and I don't really like the look of the catleap casing and stand wise.

There are plenty of bargains to be had, so I wouldn't disregard anything due to price.

Advertisement