Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong Eircom package

Options
  • 04-07-2012 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

In February one of Eircom’s sales reps knocked on our door and after listening to his offer we agreed to leave Vodafone and join Eircom who were offering us a similar package in relation to calls but we were to get faster broadband and we would get Setanta sport.

Several times during the course of our meeting we were told we would get the same package of free local and national calls and free calls to the UK. My husband is English and his family still live there and I also have family living in London so free calls to England are hugely important to us. The Eircom salesman confirmed on several occasions that we would definitely be on the same package and the only extra we would pay was €1.

The Setanta sport swung the decision and so after an hour and an half of chit chat we signed up - package to cost €45.05 all in. I unfortunately did not examine the contract in fine detail but took the salesman at his word - bear in mind that we have two children under the age of 3 who were running around the kitchen at the time.

Our first bill arrived on 5th March for €92.10. I contacted customer services and spoke to two different girls. Instead of getting help however one of the girls was rude and unhelpful and would not listen or indeed did not care that we had been given a completely different package to what had verbally been agreed with your salesman. In fact her only response was ‘you signed the contract’… She advised that we could get the package we wanted but we would have to pay more. She could not listen to me when I tried to explain that I would never have left Vodafone to join Eircom to pay a higher price for the same package.

She would not give me the number for the sales rep. I subsequently tracked him down and we contacted him directly. He agreed we have been given the wrong package and promised to sort it out and would get back to us next day. However we did not hear from him, when we contacted him again (each time we rang we had to call from a different number as he would not answer the phone when he recognised our number) he promised that he would discuss with his supervisor and revert to us with a solution. Needless to say we have heard nothing.

We are unable to connect to wireless broadband with Eircom. When we spoke to IT support they were unable to sort the problem.

To say that we are disappointed with the level of service is an understatement. Is there anything you can do or if it possible to cancel our contract with Eircom as we are not getting the package we were originally let to believe we would get?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

casey12tra wrote: »
    In February one of Eircom’s sales reps knocked on our door and after listening to his offer we agreed to leave Vodafone and join Eircom who were offering us a similar package in relation to calls but we were to get faster broadband and we would get Setanta sport.

Several times during the course of our meeting we were told we would get the same package of free local and national calls and free calls to the UK. My husband is English and his family still live there and I also have family living in London so free calls to England are hugely important to us. The Eircom salesman confirmed on several occasions that we would definitely be on the same package and the only extra we would pay was €1.

The Setanta sport swung the decision and so after an hour and an half of chit chat we signed up - package to cost €45.05 all in. I unfortunately did not examine the contract in fine detail but took the salesman at his word - bear in mind that we have two children under the age of 3 who were running around the kitchen at the time.

Our first bill arrived on 5th March for €92.10. I contacted customer services and spoke to two different girls. Instead of getting help however one of the girls was rude and unhelpful and would not listen or indeed did not care that we had been given a completely different package to what had verbally been agreed with your salesman. In fact her only response was ‘you signed the contract’… She advised that we could get the package we wanted but we would have to pay more. She could not listen to me when I tried to explain that I would never have left Vodafone to join Eircom to pay a higher price for the same package.

She would not give me the number for the sales rep. I subsequently tracked him down and we contacted him directly. He agreed we have been given the wrong package and promised to sort it out and would get back to us next day. However we did not hear from him, when we contacted him again (each time we rang we had to call from a different number as he would not answer the phone when he recognised our number) he promised that he would discuss with his supervisor and revert to us with a solution. Needless to say we have heard nothing.

We are unable to connect to wireless broadband with Eircom. When we spoke to IT support they were unable to sort the problem.

To say that we are disappointed with the level of service is an understatement. Is there anything you can do or if it possible to cancel our contract with Eircom as we are not getting the package we were originally let to believe we would get?

Hi casey12tra,

We will of course look into this for you. If you could PM me the account info (preferably account number) I will check into this and see what we can do to resolve. Will get the billing side of things sorted first and we can then look at the broadband technical problem. Apologies that the service has not been up to the expected levels but I can assure you we'll do our best to resolve it for you here.

Kind regards

James

• Registered Users Posts: 2 casey12tra

Hi James

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

casey12tra wrote: »
    Hi James

PM sent

Thanks, have sent you a reply.

James

Advertisement