Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It’s up now.

Thanks, is it normally up early on Monday?

I checked this morning and all the game highlights were there but no sign of the 60 minutes - apple tv app.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    It was up on the android app by around 8am when I went onto it to catch the second half of the Bears game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Raoul

Very frustrating. I can't cast from my phone to the chromecast. Seems to be a problem experienced by lots but no response to it from the support.

Also, on the Android TV app, it is showing the scores in the morning. Is there any way to turn this off? I can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,407 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Raoul wrote: »
    Very frustrating. I can't cast from my phone to the chromecast. Seems to be a problem experienced by lots but no response to it from the support.

Also, on the Android TV app, it is showing the scores in the morning. Is there any way to turn this off? I can't find it.

I’ve emailed them several times and they have replied to me and there has been a response and it’s several questions asked by them and answered by me. There’s been a day of no response but I’ll keep on it as I’ve had some interaction. I’ll report back any thing they tell me on when or how it’ll be fixed.

I’ve emailed them several times and they have replied to me and there has been a response and it’s several questions asked by them and answered by me. There’s been a day of no response but I’ll keep on it as I’ve had some interaction. I’ll report back any thing they tell me on when or how it’ll be fixed.

I just couldn't be bothered emailing them. I saw lots of people have raised the issue.

What an absolute joke :D:D

• Advertisement

Chromecast seems to be working again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Does anyone use the Gamepass app on the Nvidia Shield? I can't work out how to hide the scores. They are hidden when I log in on my phone and PC, just not the Shield. Its very annoying when I log in to watch the highlights and see the score up on screen!

Double C wrote: »
    Does anyone use the Gamepass app on the Nvidia Shield? I can't work out how to hide the scores. They are hidden when I log in on my phone and PC, just not the Shield. Its very annoying when I log in to watch the highlights and see the score up on screen!

Posted about that a couple of days ago. It is the same on Android TV. I had to get the wife to put the games on for me in the mornings so I wouldn't see the score. At least now, chromecasting is working again.

If you find a solution let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Posted about that a couple of days ago. It is the same on Android TV. I had to get the wife to put the games on for me in the mornings so I wouldn't see the score. At least now, chromecasting is working again.

If you find a solution let me know.

Did a quick google of it and it appears to be an existing issue for a while now. Don't remember it happening last year though. I'll cast it in the morning, thanks for the heads up on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭myate

Sky games...does anyone know are they actually being blacked out by Gamepass?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    They're not. I've been able to watch everything on the gamepass TV app anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭markc91

Got GP for the 1st time this year have it on firestick, ps4 and smart tv, great for watching the game in 40 when I'm up in the mornings however if for any reason I pause it for more than 5 mins it exits me out of the game and I've to go back into it from the start and fast forward it but its soul destroying pressing the button time after time only for it to FF by 5 seconds or so, dont think there's a fix to this so I'm just venting! Other than that though I'm delighted i got it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

markc91 wrote: »
    Got GP for the 1st time this year have it on firestick, ps4 and smart tv, great for watching the game in 40 when I'm up in the mornings however if for any reason I pause it for more than 5 mins it exits me out of the game and I've to go back into it from the start and fast forward it but its soul destroying pressing the button time after time only for it to FF by 5 seconds or so, dont think there's a fix to this so I'm just venting! Other than that though I'm delighted i got it!

I'm pretty sure they were supposed to bring in a feature this year that you could pick up where you left off but from what you are saying they haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,162 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams

Do you have a Chromecast capable device?

If you use the android app on a phone/tablet you can cast whatever you want to watch and it's easier to fast forward.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Do you have a Chromecast capable device?

If you use the android app on a phone/tablet you can cast whatever you want to watch and it's easier to fast forward.

You wouldnt believe it but i got rid of my chromecast when i got the firestick :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,162 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    You wouldnt believe it but i got rid of my chromecast when i got the firestick :pac:

If you miss the chromecast features you could always upgrade to the new chromecast released last week - "Chromecast with Google TV". It's basically a traditional chromecast and firestick combined into one, or more accurately a cheaper Nvidia Shield TV.

Lads there was an update a couple of days ago and I just updated without thinking but I was looking at the app just now and going through documentaries and I watched a bit but cancelled out of the app. I then went back to what I was watching and was going to go back to the point I had stopped at, but the app remembered where I’d stopped. I know they had said that would be a feature last season but as far as I know it didn’t happen. I checked a game and it does the same. If that’s hear to stay then it’s a big selling point to be able to resume where you left off.

Lads there was an update a couple of days ago and I just updated without thinking but I was looking at the app just now and going through documentaries and I watched a bit but cancelled out of the app. I then went back to what I was watching and was going to go back to the point I had stopped at, but the app remembered where I’d stopped. I know they had said that would be a feature last season but as far as I know it didn’t happen. I checked a game and it does the same. If that’s hear to stay then it’s a big selling point to be able to resume where you left off.

Absolutely, first time getting it last season as i had a 6 month old baby when the season started so watched a lot of game in 40s while feeding him in the mornings but if i left it paused longer than 10 mins or so then id have to start from the beginning and the fast forward was painfully slow so id be all for this.

Slighty off topic but I got a 4k samsung tv and ps5 and i cant seem to get the gamepass app on either. Anyone else had similar problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 conjalu

Absolutely, first time getting it last season as i had a 6 month old baby when the season started so watched a lot of game in 40s while feeding him in the mornings but if i left it paused longer than 10 mins or so then id have to start from the beginning and the fast forward was painfully slow so id be all for this.

Slighty off topic but I got a 4k samsung tv and ps5 and i cant seem to get the gamepass app on either. Anyone else had similar problems?

the fast forward on the PS4 is awful. i find the app on the phone and casting it via a chromecast works well. you can skip to wherever you want on the game on the android app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    No price increase, even with the extra game week, which equates to a 25c a week reduction :pac::pac:
    The countdown to the 2021 NFL season is underway, and Preseason is around the corner! Plus, we are thrilled to announce that the NFL have confirmed an extra week of regular season action, meaning we are able to bring you even more football in 2021.

We hope you're excited for the return of NFL action! Watch your Cardinals live this 2021 NFL Season as they strive to make an appearance at Super Bowl LVI.

So, with the start of the 2021 NFL Preseason in sight, we wanted to share some details regarding your NFL Game Pass subscription.

More Action. Price Freeze. Better Value! Watch the 2021 NFL Season for less per week from Preseason to Super Bowl LVI.

For the 2021 NFL Season, your subscription fee will be billed on or around August 2, 2021 at the same 2020 Season Pro full price in your market, 163,99 EUR. With the addition of an extra week of NFL action, this equates to a decrease of 0,25 EUR per week from Preseason to Super Bowl LVI – giving you more value from your subscription. If you would like to update your payment preference to instalments, this can be done by following the steps we’ll provide by email on July 1, 2021.

As a reminder, your subscription will continue to include live games, NFL RedZone, Game In 40, condensed game highlights, NFL Network, NFL Programs and more. There will be some extra benefits for NFL Game Pass subscribers for 2021 to make this season the best yet!

An Extra Week of Regular Season Action - New

Just when you thought the NFL Season couldn’t get any better, an extra week of action has been added to the schedule, providing fans an extra week of regular season NFL action. This means you can now watch more football than ever with your NFL Game Pass subscription – how are you going to celebrate that extra week?

Resume Where You Left Off – Available across all devices

Available on only the web last season, this feature has now been expanded across all devices! You can start and stop any on demand program, and pick up exactly where you left off, from any device. This makes it even easier to enjoy your NFL Game Pass subscription where, when and how you want.

Easier To Find, Easier to Watch – New

This season, we will be recommending content just for you. We’re going to be showing you all the best shows that we think you’ll love. Whether it’s favorites like Hard Knocks, America’s Game, or brand new shows that have just been released, NFL Game Pass has you covered!

What do you need to do?

All we ask is that you keep enjoying NFL Game Pass throughout the Offseason. Should you prefer not to return for the 2021 NFL season, you will be able to do so. We will be sending further information detailing the steps to amend or cancel your auto-renewal preferences by email on July 1, 2021.

If you any have further questions, please visit our FAQs here.

Thank you,

NFL Game Pass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

BaronVon wrote: »
    No price increase, even with the extra game week, which equates to a 25c a week reduction :pac::pac:

Works out at €65 if you order it while on your holiday in Brazil and use the local currency

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Vikings wrote: »
    Works out at €65 if you order it while on your holiday in Brazil and use the local currency

Easily the most profitable holiday I've taken :D

Essential is costing me 30 GBP. I can't remember where I was living when I signed up last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,034 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Essential is costing me 30 GBP. I can't remember where I was living when I signed up last year.

In the past?

Is the app available yet for ps5 or new samsung smart tv's? wasnt on either store when i last checked

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Tom1991

Im thinking about a holiday in brazil myself any chance you could pm me I might buy while im there but dont want to have to keep a vpn sub going all the time along with it or tips about it thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

The fcukers took money off me this morning. Luckily it was only the holiday price but I distinctly remember turning off auto-renew last year. Would probably have gotten it anyway but it rubs me the wrong way how it was done. No warning email at all like in previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

I could swear I turned off auto renew as well because I wasn’t sure what I was doing. I decided I would renew in the end but when I went in to the website the last day I was surprised to find that it was already back on.

I found it great last season in fairness, I use it through the XBOX and found the APP worked flawlessly. I know many others have had problems but I’ve been lucky.

I’m the same I renewed and split it up(I know that doesn’t mean I get it any cheaper) because with the no blackouts in Ireland, I can’t really see how I could go back to just using sky sports. And I’ve been relatively lucky and given the back catalogue of games and NFL films and all that it’s a good deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I turned off auto renew a while back on my brazil based Pro account which expired Aug 1st and I still have same full access to absolutely everything and not billed as of tonight which hopefully never ends

Advertisement