Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Guffy

I've watched skygo on the tv through laptop using a hdmi if that's any good to ya?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    wawaman wrote: »
    Has anyone who uses Game Pass on the ipad tried watching on their TV using an adapter? I have heard of some apps not allowing you to watch on your TV (Sky Go)

I've done it on an Android tab no problem. I can't imagine there being any problem with the Ipad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

BKWDR wrote: »
    I'm using a Dutch VPN... downloaded the game pass app for tablet and it no longer is giving free... It's asking me to sign up our free 5 minutes preview :-\

Works perfect for me logged in on Dutch vpn.

On PC gamepass site works without sign in but on the app you need to sign in using your nfl.com password. Once you've done this (click remember me) next time you open the app (whilst connected to dutch vpn) you get straight in.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Tried a certain DutchVPN (name begins with a P) about two weeks ago. Downloaded the software and was about to install it, when my security software red flagged it and blocked it completely. Anyone else have a similar problem?

Anyway I signed up to HideMyAss Pro VPN and had no problem installing it on my PC. Which makes me wonder, what hidden Malware ect is concealed within that Dutch VPN exe. file?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Tried a certain DutchVPN (name begins with a P) about two weeks ago. Downloaded the software and was about to install it, when my security software red flagged it and blocked it completely. Anyone else have a similar problem?

Anyway I signed up to HideMyAss Pro VPN and had no problem installing it on my PC. Which makes me wonder, what hidden Malware ect is concealed within that Dutch VPN exe. file?

Could easily be a false positive, happens a lot with such things. All the same always worth being a little bit safe sometimes.

• Advertisement

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Could easily be a false positive, happens a lot with such things. All the same always worth being a little bit safe sometimes.

True and I preferred to err on the side of caution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I don't use any of the sites installers, just go with manually inputting and connecting using Windows Network Tools.

I don't use any of the sites installers, just go with manually inputting and connecting using Windows Network Tools.

Forgive my ignorance here, but if you want to sign up/use a VPN site. Surely there is no way around installing their program on your PC, in order to use their service?

Forgive my ignorance here, but if you want to sign up/use a VPN site. Surely there is no way around installing their program on your PC, in order to use their service?

Is it a paid for service?

Few of the VPN services i looked at offer you the option of an installer OR the manual input info to set up the VPN through your laptop..

https://www.boxpn.com/setupwinvista.aspx explains how i set up mine using that sites service, but again i pay the monthly subscription to that site. Other sites are similar AFAIK.

It's much 'safer' than running installers off some of the sites ive looked at while havin a nose about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Nothing to base this on so only a guess but my opinion is that the cheaper the VPN, the dodgier it is.

Obviously this doesn't mean the dearest is the best and safest to use but I'd be wary of free providers anyway. I pay $50 a year with Witopia and have never had a problem.

• Advertisement

Is it a paid for service?

Few of the VPN services i looked at offer you the option of an installer OR the manual input info to set up the VPN through your laptop..

https://www.boxpn.com/setupwinvista.aspx explains how i set up mine using that sites service, but again i pay the monthly subscription to that site. Other sites are similar AFAIK.

It's much 'safer' than running installers off some of the sites ive looked at while havin a nose about

Ya it was a paid service. In the end I signed up to these guys. I think these guys are the leading ones on the net right now. Long story short, I've realised that my connection speeds drops to 80% at times when I used it. So if I'm getting 9.5MB download, it drops to 1.9MB which is pretty shít. So I might have to sign up to Gamepass after all because I'll be able to avail of my normal ISP speeds. If Anyone has any tips, tricks or alternative sites - do send me a PM.

Nothing to base this on so only a guess but my opinion is that the cheaper the VPN, the dodgier it is.

Obviously this doesn't mean the dearest is the best and safest to use but I'd be wary of free providers anyway. I pay $50 a year with Witopia and have never had a problem.

Yeah i pay pretty much the same, 5.99$ a month (i didn't go with the yearly discounted price as i will only be using it for the full year)

I'd steer clear of the 'free' vpns especially if they only work with an installer file...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Raoul

just search for free vpn netherlands. Only need to use it to open the window. They work very well. On all devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

wawaman wrote: »
    Has anyone who uses Game Pass on the ipad tried watching on their TV using an adapter? I have heard of some apps not allowing you to watch on your TV (Sky Go)

Worked OK with Apple TV last season, not sure about adapter

I'm going to pick up a Tablet soon, so I'm just wondering if any of you guys have one. I'm looking for something with WiFi connectivity and a HDMI out slot - to hook it up to the TV. Not too bothered on screen size and any brand except an Apple would do. Hearing good things about the Nexus 7. Any advice/info would be appreciated.:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    I have a samsung galaxy tab 10, the original one. you can get an adapter to hook it up to the TV via HDMI. Works well with gamepass though not as impressive as on the laptop as the laptop has more processing power and is able to decode higher quality video etc.

No prblems with it really. Any questions let me know.

adrian522 wrote: »
    I have a samsung galaxy tab 10, the original one. you can get an adapter to hook it up to the TV via HDMI. Works well with gamepass though not as impressive as on the laptop as the laptop has more processing power and is able to decode higher quality video etc.

Cheers, good to know. I'm doing a new PC build soon and only for that, I probably would have gone for the Laptop option instead of a Tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    I'm going to pick up a Tablet soon, so I'm just wondering if any of you guys have one. I'm looking for something with WiFi connectivity and a HDMI out slot - to hook it up to the TV. Not too bothered on screen size and any brand except an Apple would do. Hearing good things about the Nexus 7. Any advice/info would be appreciated.:)

I reckon the Nexus is your best option. I got the Galaxy 2, but I should have held out for the Nexus.

infacteh wrote: »
    I reckon the Nexus is your best option. I got the Galaxy 2, but I should have held out for the Nexus.

Is that the Nexus 7 or Nexus 10?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ya it was a paid service. In the end I signed up to these guys. I think these guys are the leading ones on the net right now. Long story short, I've realised that my connection speeds drops to 80% at times when I used it. So if I'm getting 9.5MB download, it drops to 1.9MB which is pretty shít. So I might have to sign up to Gamepass after all because I'll be able to avail of my normal ISP speeds. If Anyone has any tips, tricks or alternative sites - do send me a PM.

I'm pretty sure the lads said on here that you only need to be on a Dutch IP to open up the Gamepass Application on the computer, and then you can switch back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    Personally I'd go for the 10, makes it better as a standalone. 7" screen is only marginally bigger than most phones these days!

SantryRed wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the lads said on here that you only need to be on a Dutch IP to open up the Gamepass Application on the computer, and then you can switch back?

Got it all sorted earlier thanks.

infacteh wrote: »
    Personally I'd go for the 10, makes it better as a standalone. 7" screen is only marginally bigger than most phones these days!

Sound, will check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

adrian522 wrote: »

Just on this, I've had a Galaxy Tab 2 7" since Christmas and decided I'd go looking for a HDMI output adapter thingy last week, just in time for the new season ... after much googling it turns out that the blasted yoke doesn't have the capability (even though the manual mentions it, and it was a big selling point in the US).

I'd assumed HDMI output was fairly basic functionality nowadays and that any current/new equipment would provide it, I was wrong and I should have checked ... We live and learn

Edit - Apparently the 10" models support it, but the 7" doesn't ... always check the exact model, rather than the range

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Hey CM, putting your birthday money to work???

ENTIRELY for the reason of watching NFL i bought a tablet a couple months ago. I just thought it would be handy to be able to watch the games in bed. I usually hook the laptop to the telly through HDMI which, as someone else said, is probably best as it has better processing, fan etc.

But I bought the Nexus 10 and it really is a nice machine. Really light, and great display. Battery is very good on it too and the Game Pass app runs really well on it too. If you use SKY GO for the sky games, the Sky Go app isn't available in the play store, it was and then it was off.

I ordered the Nexus 10 through Flubit for 380 or so. There is a great thread on here on how to order stuff through flubit.

Hey CM, putting your birthday money to work???

ENTIRELY for the reason of watching NFL i bought a tablet a couple months ago. I just thought it would be handy to be able to watch the games in bed. I usually hook the laptop to the telly through HDMI which, as someone else said, is probably best as it has better processing, fan etc.

But I bought the Nexus 10 and it really is a nice machine. Really light, and great display. Battery is very good on it too and the Game Pass app runs really well on it too. If you use SKY GO for the sky games, the Sky Go app isn't available in the play store, it was and then it was off.

I ordered the Nexus 10 through Flubit for 380 or so. There is a great thread on here on how to order stuff through flubit.

I will be going for the Nexus 10 alright and I'm also thinking about buying a very long (gold plated) DVI to HDMI cable and running it from PC to my big screen TV. Just in case the Nexus stream is laggy when using the WiFi downstairs (PC & router is upstairs).

I will be going for the Nexus 10 alright and I'm also thinking about buying a very long (gold plated) DVI to HDMI cable and running it from PC to my big screen TV. Just in case the Nexus stream is laggy when using the WiFi downstairs (PC & router is upstairs).

Cool, just also consider, that if its not HDMI to HDMI , the sound won't go through to the telly, you would need the audio jack too...

Cool, just also consider, that if its not HDMI to HDMI , the sound won't go through to the telly, you would need the audio jack too...

Ya see, I didn't know that shít. No problems building anyone a PC, but start talking about Audio jacks and the like and I go a little...

7wVGkL.gif

• Advertisement

Ya see, I didn't know that shít. No problems building anyone a PC, but start talking about Audio jacks and the like and I go a little...

Yeah my main telly (downstairs) isn't HD / HD Ready so doesn't have a HDMI port which makes it useless for hooking up the laptop to. telly in bed room ha HDMI ports so its as simple as plugging in and just setting the laptops sound settings to use HDMI output and not normal speakers and bob's your dads brother.

Advertisement