Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

gufc21 wrote: »
    Are there any free regions this year? Where would I find out?

Can't see it happening to be honest. I'd say the NFL is well aware of people exploiting free regions last year and is keen to avoid that loophole.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Guffy

Can't see it happening to be honest. I'd say the NFL is well aware of people exploiting free regions last year and is keen to avoid that loophole.

I know ya doubt it too... but there was somewhere last year u could see small print as to where they were free. Its just that page I was looking for to keep an eye on on the off chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

yes, the free region thing didn't work by the time of the playoffs. there was a login going around but it seemed to be just some guy's account.

there appears to be no limit on IPs accessing an account so a group of us mates are chipping in for one account! can't see the reason for all us boardies getting our own accounts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky

there appears to be no limit on IPs accessing an account so a group of us mates are chipping in for one account! can't see the reason for all us boardies getting our own accounts...

Is that a new thing? I last subscribe the season before last and I couldn't log in on 2 devices at the same time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    You can only login from 1 IP at a time, had a laptop hooked up to the TV and if I tried to watch another game on the tablet the laptop got logged out.

To be honest I'm more than happy to pay the amount, but I'd need some way of getting around the blackouts.

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    You can only login from 1 IP at a time, had a laptop hooked up to the TV and if I tried to watch another game on the tablet the laptop got logged out.

To be honest I'm more than happy to pay the amount, but I'd need some way of getting around the blackouts.

Yeah I'm the same. I don't mind paying as I think it's a fantastic service and the price isn't too drastic when it's spread out. I have to use HOLA to watch the playoffs and other games that are on sky though which isn't that much of a hindrance, just a matter of turning on a plugin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

Yeah I'm the same. I don't mind paying as I think it's a fantastic service and the price isn't too drastic when it's spread out. I have to use HOLA to watch the playoffs and other games that are on sky though which isn't that much of a hindrance, just a matter of turning on a plugin.

What country do you have GamePass set to to get rid of the blackouts?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Brian017 wrote: »
    What country do you have GamePass set to to get rid of the blackouts?

Any country other than UK or Ireland.

So Spain, France, Germany etc are all fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Raoul

yes, the free region thing didn't work by the time of the playoffs. there was a login going around but it seemed to be just some guy's account.

Are you doing the same thing as last year? It was unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Yeah you can't share a log in. What I tend to do is give the details to my mates but tell that during game time they're to stay off line because otherwise the main user gets kicked out. It works out well though for catching up on games during the week. Great service and anyone sitting on the fence should just get it. It's not too dear when you see the service offered and I really couldn't imagine watching the NFL any other way now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    2 devices but maybe limit to the one IP address so mates couldn't share and do the poor NFL out of a subscription would be the clincher for me.

I'd love watch a game on the big screen and have red zone on my computer. I know you can so split screen but there's too much wasted space on the screen.

MLB.tv allows multiple devices and it's great.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

will be watching from abroad, failing that ill buy the service :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭boccy23

2 devices but maybe limit to the one IP address so mates couldn't share and do the poor NFL out of a subscription would be the clincher for me.

I'd love watch a game on the big screen and have red zone on my computer. I know you can so split screen but there's too much wasted space on the screen.

MLB.tv allows multiple devices and it's great.

MLB.tv is a far superior product. No comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

Would it be best to buy this now or will the price come down a bit closer to the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

The price decreases are pretty tame. I think I’ll bite the bullet now and have enough there to keep me going through pre-season.

It’s a stellar offering, it really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

boccy23 wrote: »
    MLB.tv is a far superior product. No comparison.

+1

Works superbly and as said already across multiple devices. I have it on my computer, the phone but mainly through the xbox linked to the TV

I wish Gamepass worked this well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Think il get it this year. It's worth it instead of looking to find a crappy stream of a Sunday ...

I know where to put my Garth Brooks refund money towards... *ducks*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

SameOleJay wrote: »
    The price decreases are pretty tame. I think I’ll bite the bullet now and have enough there to keep me going through pre-season.

It’s a stellar offering, it really is.

It's currently 119.99 for the Season. Last November 3rd, I paid 64.99 for the Season. That's almost half price, but I had missed half the season, so swings and roundabouts. Considering how much I fecking love RedZone, I won't be waiting that long this season.

Is there such a thing as an auto renew or do we have to sign up again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Unless you speficially told them NOT to autorenew it will auto renew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams

They should email you to confirm the auto renew

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Nice update for the gamepass app with nfl network archives. Get in.

Pic of the new updated app.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Pic of the new updated app.

Nice! The other shows might actually be what seals the deal with buying this year...

Do they have hard knocks on it now? My mate can't see it on his gamepass

Raoul wrote: »

I know he probably did but did he update the app? If not uninstall and reinstall from app store.

BKWDR wrote: »
    I know he probably did but did he update the app? If not uninstall and reinstall from app store.

Yeah think that may have been the problem.

Do people think we should have a referral thread? I am not sure how much you get off for signing up to gamepass but anything helps. This will be my first year and I am going to use one of my mates referrals if he can find it. Think it is in your subscription email.

Actually probably not that many of us are going to get it so don't need a referral thread. Can just put the links up here

Raoul wrote: »

No it wasn't there last night but then the nfl total access was incomplete as was the gameday final they have. I'd say it Willkie be up there but it seems like it might take a bit of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

i thought hard knocks was HBO, has nothing to do with the NFL

Advertisement