Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    3 months half price I imagine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Bateman wrote: »
    Sorry if it’s been covered already but considering all the playoffs are blacked out as they’re all on Sky, why would anyone in Ireland sign up for the Extra package? Is it just to watch repeats?

Just use hola unblocker and change your location to somewhere like Germany if you want to watch a blacked out game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Tried to install one of those proxy things on the iPad before and couldn't get it to work. Am sure there is a way though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

wawaman wrote: »
    can i ask what 3mhp sports is !!?
    adrian522 wrote: »
    3 months half price I imagine.

Sorry this is what happens you when you get into the company acronyms, its as Adrian says

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Sorry if it’s been covered already but considering all the playoffs are blacked out as they’re all on Sky, why would anyone in Ireland sign up for the Extra package? Is it just to watch repeats?

Coaches film and year round access would be the main reason I'd go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Yeah i enjoy being able to watch games in the off season and watch NFL Network the odd time too...makes the off season that bit easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Edit: Sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Is Hard Knocks on gamepass this year?

Is Hard Knocks on gamepass this year?

I read on here it was or was supposed to be but it isn't on the latest app.

I think its on channel 4 starting tonight...at stupid o clock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    BKWDR wrote: »
    I read on here it was or was supposed to be but it isn't on the latest app.

I think its on channel 4 starting tonight...at stupid o clock

It's been pulled from C4 tonight. Don't know when it's on now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Raoul

adrian522 wrote: »
    Blackouts are a minor inconvenience.

You get access to NFL Network as well as all the archives for the entire offseason. You get the playoffs too after a 24 hour delay.

It's always possible to get around the blackouts too if you don't have Sky.

Some great shows too such as A football life and Hard Knocks will be on it this year. Always good to watch.

And all you need to get round the blackouts is the hola unblocker. So easy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Raoul wrote: »
    And all you need to get round the blackouts is the hola unblocker. So easy!!!

How easy!? Do you have to pay for it?

How easy!? Do you have to pay for it?

Nope. Just download the Hola unblocker extension on the google store. It should do it automatically. This will work for BBC player too.

Worked last year so presume it will this year.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hola-better-internet/gkojfkhlekighikafcpjkiklfbnlmeio?hl=en

This is also how you get the cheaper Portuguese price for the regular season.

How much is the portugal verson of gamepass?

Think Season is where the main price reduction is, works out at 80e if you buy whilst in Portugal *ahem* and sue the 15% discount.

Season Plus is the same price no matter where you are.

Think it works out at 80 something euro

Does it work on an iPad, it's telling me it's $5 per month for ipad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

From what I remember there only blacked out in Ireland/UK due to the Sky deal so a quick "trip to any other country cough cough cough cough" during the playoffs to get the stream running and the blackouts aren't an issue.

Opened to corrected on that one but I think that's a very simple workaround for anyone that doesn't have Sky.

Anyone have any free VPN services or blockers for iPad?

Anyone have any free VPN services or blockers for iPad?

You don't need the VPN on the ipad. Just sign up for it on the laptop first and then you don't need the vpn. Unless you only have an ipad, in that case, I am not sure.

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    You don't need the VPN on the ipad. Just sign up for it on the laptop first and then you don't need the vpn. Unless you only have an ipad, in that case, I am not sure.

So it's like you are disguising your actual connection as being from another country, rather than the specific connection from any one device?

So it's like you are disguising your actual connection as being from another country, rather than the specific connection from any one device?

No i think he is saying if you want to sign up via Portugal for a bit cheaper (80e) , one time connect via hola (free) on your laptop, pay the 80e for Game Pass. Then on future connections you won't need a VPN so you can just connect as normal on your ipad etc.

Then others are saying re: The Black Out Games. If you want to avoid this you can VPN (again using Hola or paid VPN service) to make Gamepass site think you are in Germany which will make the blacked out game appear to be watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭boccy23

Again, it shows how s*** Gamepass is that it's not available on Apple TV or similar sources that MLB Tv is.

Still no sign of Hard Knocks on gamepass yet.

boccy23 wrote: »
    Again, it shows how s*** Gamepass is that it's not available on Apple TV or similar sources that MLB Tv is.

This really annoys me, there is no excuse for them not having an Apple TV app. For 6 hours on a Sunday if I want to watch football straight through, the iPad or phone is used.

This really annoys me, there is no excuse for them not having an Apple TV app. For 6 hours on a Sunday if I want to watch football straight through, the iPad or phone is used.

Can you use the Airplay on the ipad?

Yeah that's what I mean, but whatever device you stream through, you can't use that iPad/iPhone for 6 hours straight while it's streaming...

First world problems and all that I guess

Yeah fair enough. But it really doesn't sound all that awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I don't think the Apple TV is regionalised so all apps are on it no matter where in the world you are. And as Americans can't subscribe to Gamepass but probably are big purchasers of ATVs, maybe the NFL don't want an app on a device that a lot of their customers own but can't use.

• Advertisement

It's a possible explanation, but not a particularly convincing one. You could have an App Store for Apple TV and block the product from being downloaded from the US.

Apple seem to have decided they're not really bothered with the Apple TV product in its current state and just neglected it, there has been no innovation associated with it at all really.

Advertisement