Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Guffy

Is it available on any other smart tv? I have a samsung and only reason I haven't signed up for gamepass is I'll be using laptop to play it so not worth it considering tge free alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Cheers lads, got the season pass for €80 using Hola and the 15%. Saved €40 by doing so ! By the way does the same thing work on other apps (eg Iplayer, Hulu) As in subscribe on laptop but able to watch on other device?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭boccy23

gufc21 wrote: »
    Is it available on any other smart tv? I have a samsung and only reason I haven't signed up for gamepass is I'll be using laptop to play it so not worth it considering tge free alternatives.

There is an amount of talk on NFLUK forums about Chromecast working. Maybe check this further. Android talk is a little foreign to me. Apple geek. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Guffy

boccy23 wrote: »
    There is an amount of talk on NFLUK forums about Chromecast working. Maybe check this further. Android talk is a little foreign to me. Apple geek. :o

Is that not the same craic though. Can't use laptop for out else for 10 hours? Haven't used chromecast before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Bateman wrote: »
    It's a possible explanation, but not a particularly convincing one. You could have an App Store for Apple TV and block the product from being downloaded from the US.

Apple seem to have decided they're not really bothered with the Apple TV product in its current state and just neglected it, there has been no innovation associated with it at all really.

These are Apple issues though and not the NFL's aren't they? We can't blame the NFL for Apple's reluctance to improve the ATV or how the apps on it are managed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

If Apple wanted it to happen it would happen, if the NFL wanted it to happen it would happen...

Bateman wrote: »
    If Apple wanted it to happen it would happen, if the NFL wanted it to happen it would happen...

True. Which brings me back to my original theory that NFL don't want it to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Raoul

wawaman wrote: »
    Cheers lads, got the season pass for €80 using Hola and the 15%. Saved €40 by doing so ! By the way does the same thing work on other apps (eg Iplayer, Hulu) As in subscribe on laptop but able to watch on other device?

I can't say for sure about the Iplayer and Hulu but I know that Hola works for watching US netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

boccy23 wrote: »

Yeah i've heard this works too. Chromecast is a good alternative at 40 bucks too.

My main telly doesn't have HDMI port so won't be getting it until i upgrade telly

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm gonna be living in the US by end of September, is there any point in buying GamePass, do people think?

I imagine Football is showed religiously over there, and is easily found.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Knex. wrote: »
    I'm gonna be living in the US by end of September, is there any point in buying GamePass, do people think?

From my limited time in the States, i think it depends what tv package you are signed up for and what network or affiliate runs the games.

They have their own 'Sky Sports' over there so i think its pretty much the same. I have an American friend who swears by Game Pass still

BKWDR wrote: »
    From my limited time in the States, i think it depends what tv package you are signed up for and what network or affiliate runs the games.

They have their own 'Sky Sports' over there so i think its pretty much the same. I have an American friend who swears by Game Pass still

Cheers for that. Think I'll go ahead and sign up for the regular season so, and see about post season after that. Think I bought playoffs for around 40 Euro this year, which wasn't bad.

Thanks again!

Cheers for that. Think I'll go ahead and sign up for the regular season so, and see about post season after that. Think I bought playoffs for around 40 Euro this year, which wasn't bad.

Thanks again!

Won't you need a VPN for viewing in the States? I thought Gamepass doesn't work with a US IP address.

Won't you need a VPN for viewing in the States? I thought Gamepass doesn't work with a US IP address.

Hola unblock will do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    BKWDR wrote: »
    Yeah i've heard this works too. Chromecast is a good alternative at 40 bucks too.

My main telly doesn't have HDMI port so won't be getting it until i upgrade telly

Speaking of Android etc, anyone used XBMC on an android box to stream games and is it any good? Thinking of buying one after we got rid of Sky out of the house before the summer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Speaking of Android etc, anyone used XBMC on an android box to stream games and is it any good? Thinking of buying one after we got rid of Sky out of the house before the summer.

I'm using chromecast and was mirroring but not mobdro are bringing out chromcast ability so hopefully that will make that even better. The NFL channel I tried on it didnt work, but sky sports worked fine on it, and some of the fox sports stations too. to be honest, I'll probably end up just using the laptop and have a direct HDMI connection from that in, but its good to have options!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

Hope I'm not going off-topic here.

What do people make of the "NFL Now" yoke that's all over the front page of nfl.com? It seems to offer a lot of the same content available on GamePass, apart from the actual games :)

Since GamePass isn't available in the US, is this the first time they'll have access to the archives stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

mooonpie wrote: »
    Hope I'm not going off-topic here.

What do people make of the "NFL Now" yoke that's all over the front page of nfl.com? It seems to offer a lot of the same content available on GamePass, apart from the actual games :)

Since GamePass isn't available in the US, is this the first time they'll have access to the archives stuff?

Seems to just be a streamlined news service tbh, as in you choose a team and/or fantasy players and it will loop all the news videos they have relating to them for you.

If you want the NFL films stuff and an ad-free service you'll have to pay a sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

I have a few times asked @gamepass and samsung is there any intention to have a tv based app and the answer is always no.

I'm assuming because a verizon sub or any other sub in the us is way more expensive than gamepass. I can only guess that they dont want to name it any easier for us folks.

I've applied to get a refund to re sign up with the code and Portugal trick.

Also for anyone who is deciding between season and season +. Every December they always, well last 2 seasons anyway, they do post season for about 15-20 a saving of about 15 on price now

Portugal thing doesn't seem to be working for me. Showing as 145.

Edit: Scrap that, we're in business :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Portugal thing doesn't seem to be working for me. Showing as 145.

Edit: Scrap that, we're in business :D

thunderbirds are go then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

The local team is easily found. Other teams? Not so much. I was there in New York for Week 17 and the TV Stations were showing the meaningless Jets and Giants games instead of the games which actually had playoff implications.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭boccy23

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    The local team is easily found. Other teams? Not so much. I was there in New York for Week 17 and the TV Stations were showing the meaningless Jets and Giants games instead of the games which actually had playoff implications.

Also can have black outs. Was in Miami and didn't have any 1PM games as Dolphins were playing and hadn't sold out. Post game will stay local at times as well instead of changing over to a 4PM game.

Quite happy with my Gamepass for 80 quid now. Cheers, gents!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Knex depending on where you live also you wont get to see many NFL games unless you have directv and the NFL ticket. My bro in law moved to Florida and got comcast and realised he cant see the pats so then cancelled comcast and got directv

TO. wrote: »
    Knex depending on where you live also you wont get to see many NFL games unless you have directv and the NFL ticket. My bro in law moved to Florida and got comcast and realised he cant see the pats so then cancelled comcast and got directv

Yup, even more pleased with my purchase now.

Glad I asked, would have felt like some tit if I had missed out on a few games thinking it would be easily sourced over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Raoul

gerire wrote: »
    I have a few times asked @gamepass and samsung is there any intention to have a tv based app and the answer is always no.

I'm assuming because a verizon sub or any other sub in the us is way more expensive than gamepass. I can only guess that they dont want to name it any easier for us folks.

I've applied to get a refund to re sign up with the code and Portugal trick.

Also for anyone who is deciding between season and season +. Every December they always, well last 2 seasons anyway, they do post season for about 15-20 a saving of about 15 on price now

You are probably right actually and it won't be 60 euro anyway for the season +.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

has anyone had issues signing up with a gmail address?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

got it working.. now an official GP member.. time for some mid table Titan mediocrity :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

got it working.. now an official GP member.. time for some mid table Titan mediocrity :(

Get used to hearing: "false start, number 72, offense"

Advertisement