Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

Have a quick question guys. I'm thinking of getting a Mac in the next few weeks. WIll Hola unblocker work on it? Or is there a similiar plug-in that will do a similiar job?

Yes, it will. I use Hola on Chrome on a iMac and it works perfectly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Brian017 wrote: »
    Yes, it will. I use Hola on Chrome on a iMac and it works perfectly.

Excellent, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Just finished watching the Rams/Titans Super Bowl from 2000 as the new arrival decided she wasn't going to sleep, game pass is fantastic

Where is that game? I can't find it in the games section or the Superbowl Archives.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Dymo wrote: »
    Where is that game? I can't find it in the games section or the Superbowl Archives.

It's the one highlighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Oat23 wrote: »
    If anyone has a device that can run PLEX, it's worth trying out the NFL Network/Gamepass app. I tested it on a smart tv earlier and it works really well with my Gamepass account. Live NFL Network stream, all the game/tv show archives and the rest.

sn1rrF6.png

Download the app here - https://github.com/plexinc-plugins

Legend. Set this up today on my Samsung 2013 6 series tv.
    Fantastic quality.
    Thanks for posting that about plex, was dreading another season on the pc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It's the one highlighted.

The iPad must be much better than the Android app and windows desktop, none of those games are available to me. When I go to the Superbowl archives all I have is the last 3 years

8ae3f9393a1162b4704be642e30828f6.png

EDIT: I just have to poor mans season pass, not the season Plus, that's why I'm not getting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Raoul

Try going to the season you want and then just click superbowl. I have back to 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 In The Conversation

Anybody think there is a chance that there will be a free gamepass country this year? I'm kinda holding out til the last minute before buying my subscription in case there is a miracle before the start of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Guffy

No I doubt it. It would have prob been done by now if they were gona do it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

If anyone has a device that can run PLEX, it's worth trying out the NFL Network/Gamepass app. I tested it on a smart tv earlier and it works really well with my Gamepass account. Live NFL Network stream, all the game/tv show archives and the rest.

sn1rrF6.png

Download the app here - https://github.com/plexinc-plugins

Great. Just got this working a on my LG smart TV. Quick question for anyone that might know. I have plex server on my laptop on my network through wireless. TV is wired to router. When I watch something on GP on TV will it used pure wired connection of TV or will it have to go back through plex server on wireless laptop and thus be some bit limited by wireless? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Used to think Gamepass was great until I realised how much of a delay on it there was. It's literally 60 seconds behind the play and if you're watching a live match that skips to highlights of others, or a fantasy football tracker, or even RedZone on Sky, then it'll ruin your gamepass game on you. Sickening as its a great product bar that. Cant understand why its so delayed

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Used to think Gamepass was great until I realised how much of a delay on it there was. It's literally 60 seconds behind the play and if you're watching a live match that skips to highlights of others, or a fantasy football tracker, or even RedZone on Sky, then it'll ruin your gamepass game on you. Sickening as its a great product bar that. Cant understand why its so delayed
    On the delay sure both mlb and nba are the same on the app as compared to a tv broadcast.ao it's not as if the nfl have delayed the gamepass stream for the fun of it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I just stay off social media and red zone when titans games are on, tweets were ruining it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

On the delay sure both mlb and nba are the same on the app as compared to a tv broadcast.ao it's not as if the nfl have delayed the gamepass stream for the fun of it.

And SkyGo is 45-60secs behind the tv also, seems to be pretty standard for internet streaming really

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Used to think Gamepass was great until I realised how much of a delay on it there was.

Tell me about it. The GP delay coupled with my intermittently crap broadband, made posting an interesting experience during games. I remember last season, I'd comment on a play in the weekly game thread. And one or two of the ladss would be like... "WTF Corvus? That play was 10 minutes ago.":(

Well maybe its the app itself, but for every Vikings game last year I could open up a stream (of much less quality obviously), and it would be up to 2 plays ahead of where gamepass was. Surely something can be done to speed up the output. On occasion I even clicked into the weekly thread on here and seen comments about a play I would see on gamepass 30 seconds later. Really hard to watch a match in one place when you know you can get closer to realtime elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 15,273 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    Gamepass was 2/3 minutes behind only a few seasons ago. It is improving every year.

It takes immense processing power and server capacity for them to offer 7 bitrates from low quality all the way up to near full HD to thousands of people at a time. It's not feasible to stream it any faster than with a 30 second delay probably. We'll have to wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Online streaming will never be exact. Take standard TV or Satellite TV both are also slightly behind the live action because the game has to pass through signals via satellite. Now take those signals and re-route them through Networks and then onto apps that have to go through people's networks you are always going to have a delay. The NBA and MLB have done a good job keeping the delay to a minimal but they are behind the live action also. As Oat23 said 30 secs is the norm right now and until as he said they increase the power and speed of these servers and networks it will most likely stay at 30 secs and so on and so on.

When I did my Networking and CCNA I did a study on the side about online media and it was fascinating to see how a TV station send its games over networks especially to apps.

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    Great. Just got this working a on my LG smart TV. Quick question for anyone that might know. I have plex server on my laptop on my network through wireless. TV is wired to router. When I watch something on GP on TV will it used pure wired connection of TV or will it have to go back through plex server on wireless laptop and thus be some bit limited by wireless? Thanks

I read a comment by the developer somewhere in response to a question asking how much CPU would Plex use on the host computer when using Gamepass, he said it would stay the same as the app streams direct from nfl.com, which I assume means it will use your TV's internet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    My problem with the delay was watching Twitter update me ahead of time. So now I stay away from Twitter Live.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    How soon are the condensed games put on Gamepass? The plan for late games is to watch the condensed games before leaving for work in the morning. Would they be up by 6:00?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

How soon are the condensed games put on Gamepass? The plan for late games is to watch the condensed games before leaving for work in the morning. Would they be up by 6:00?

Dunno about 6am but i've watched them the next morning when i've woken up. It seems to be hit and miss

BKWDR wrote: »
    Dunno about 6am but i've watched them the next morning when i've woken up. It seems to be hit and miss

6:00 probably is pushing it considering the games won't be over until around 4:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Originally Posted by FastFullBack View Post
    I read a comment by the developer somewhere in response to a question asking how much CPU would Plex use on the host computer when using Gamepass, he said it would stay the same as the app streams direct from nfl.com, which I assume means it will use your TV's internet connection.

I went back quite a few pages to see could I find out how the original poster above got Gamepass working on the LG Smart TV. I have the same telly, was it done using Plex do you know?

Leslie91 wrote: »

I went back quite a few pages to see could I find out how the original poster above got Gamepass working on the LG Smart TV. I have the same telly, was it done using Plex do you know?

Plex is the only way possible on smart TVs I think, so it must have been.

Looked on google quickly and found this -
    LG took the MediaLink client off 2013 model smart TVs and settle on DNLA instead, so I decided to build a replacement client.

https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/89004-simonjhogans-plex-client-for-lg-smart-tv/
    http://plex.sithari.com.au/files/test-help.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    Posted a page or so back about using XBMC on an Android box - must say it's not bad at all. Took a while (and plenty of Youtube tutorials) to get it setup properly but well worth it. Watched the Chelsea vs. Burnley game through it this eve and the quality was very good bar when flatmate started streaming on their laptop for a bit. Paid roughly €40 quid for the box so relatively cheap.

I'd imagine the streams for the NFL will be far better again because there tends to be far more links for the games than for Premier League games. When used Gamepass app before, wasn't getting near the same quality probably due to the ****ty Vodafone internet at the time. Will report back on the quality when the season kicks in.

It's also ridiculously handy for watching series on through Project Free TV and other add ons.

No i think he is saying if you want to sign up via Portugal for a bit cheaper (80e) , one time connect via hola (free) on your laptop, pay the 80e for Game Pass. Then on future connections you won't need a VPN so you can just connect as normal on your ipad etc.

Haha by an absolute fluke i'll be in Portugal for the few days prior to the start of the season! Think i'll sign up again to fcuk, it's worth 80 for the condensed broadcast alone

Just to update on this, last night's MNF was up by 6:00 this morning. Hopefully it'll be the same after each night game during the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Just to update on this, last night's MNF was up by 6:00 this morning. Hopefully it'll be the same after each night game during the season.

Just finished watching condensed Browns game there now

• Advertisement

Update to GamePass now available with downloadable games!!

Advertisement