Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I also used it in the last few days, both Portugal price & discount code still working

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭boccy23

Bateman wrote: »
    I also used it in the last few days, both Portugal price & discount code still working

Do you need Hola or such to sign up or is it an assumed address?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

boccy23 wrote: »
    Do you need Hola or such to sign up or is it an assumed address?

THink you use a VPN service to let the site think you are in Portugal

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Zoton

Is the download option still not appearing for other people? Running android, app up to date, but still no download option :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Zoton wrote: »
    Is the download option still not appearing for other people? Running android, app up to date, but still no download option :-(

cant speak for android but it is there for ipad. In the select games menu the download icon appears

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Zoton wrote: »
    Download's are not available on Android. Apple only.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 In The Conversation

It seems the subscription is only cheaper in Portugal if you go for regular season only. If you want the package that includes the playoffs, the price is the same.

Is this what other people saw?

If so, what is your plan for the playoffs? Sign up for a playoff only package at the end of the year?

It seems the subscription is only cheaper in Portugal if you go for regular season only. If you want the package that includes the playoffs, the price is the same.

Is this what other people saw?

If so, what is your plan for the playoffs? Sign up for a playoff only package at the end of the year?

Yeah its only the regular season that is reduced rate.

Playoffs is a mixture of making your gamepass thinking it's in another country other than Irl/Uk or watching on Sky or i think Chan4 might have one or two games too...

That's sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 46 In The Conversation

BKWDR wrote: »
    Yeah its only the regular season that is reduced rate.

Playoffs is a mixture of making your gamepass thinking it's in another country other than Irl/Uk or watching on Sky or i think Chan4 might have one or two games too...

Yes, but even if you trick Gamepass to think you are outside Irl/UK you will not be able to watch playoff games without signing up for the package that includes playoffs (thus not availing of Portugal saving).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Zoton

Thanks. Guess the android population get treated like proles again :-/

Yes, but even if you trick Gamepass to think you are outside Irl/UK you will not be able to watch playoff games without signing up for the package that includes playoffs (thus not availing of Portugal saving).

Yeah true, the saving is only on the package post December.

THink you use a VPN service to let the site think you are in Portugal

Is this also the case once purchased for the Apple/Android version?
    Would I need a VPN service for the iPad?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yeah but hopefully there will be some offer in December too for the playoffs.

Is this also the case once purchased for the Apple/Android version?
    Would I need a VPN service for the iPad?

I think there is some confusion. You just sign up using Portugal VPN

Once purchased you just login and open up the app / site. As far as i recall earlier in the thread, the guy who told us about the Portugal deal just logged in and it worked a treat.

So you just need VPN / Hola for the sign up / payment / registration

I think there is some confusion. You just sign up using Portugal VPN

Once purchased you just login and open up the app / site. As far as i recall earlier in the thread, the guy who told us about the Portugal deal just logged in and it worked a treat.

So you just need VPN / Hola for the sign up / payment / registration
    Cheers. thanks for that. For €80 if it allows me to download the Giants game (all 4 wins :o), then I might just do it.

Cheers. thanks for that. For €80 if it allows me to download the Giants game (all 4 wins :o), then I might just do it.

Everyone needs a hobby that keeps them happy ;)

1. Download Hola (either as pc web browser add-in or else for iPad, install it)
    2. Switch Hola to Portugal (either on self-evident web-browser or else for iPad, in Settings)
    3. Navigate to the Game Pass subscription page and the page will display Portugal prices

That’s it, was easier than I thought. I noticed the Season Plus was the same price alright. Guess you can still use the 15% though

Feature on Bloomberg at the moment on the NFL. They just did a preview on the new 49ers stadium, looks the business.

More importantly, they've launched their first Apple TV app - it's the NFL Now product.

Hopefully they find a way of linking Game Pass content (Game Pass holders have already paid for the content contained on the Now product) to this, or another app. But it's a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

god i love gamepass. i've about 3 other paid streaming sites but none have the rewind. keep rewinding stuff and then when ads hit, hit live and hopefully you've skipped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Anyone have Chromecast yet? No word from Gamepass about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Nope. I've tried using plex to stream gamepass to the chromecast which almost worked. Picture comes through perfect but audio is garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Dymo wrote: »
    Anyone have Chromecast yet? No word from Gamepass about it.

Check put the comments underneath the app in the play store. Everyone is giving out that Chromecast is not supported.

Surely they will take notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Vikings wrote: »
    Nope. I've tried using plex to stream gamepass to the chromecast which almost worked. Picture comes through perfect but audio is garbage.

Ya I had the same issue. Thought it might have been my setup. Shame cause the video was pretty good.

Ya I had the same issue. Thought it might have been my setup. Shame cause the video was pretty good.

See the pats game is blacked out. I just VPN and load the game ... That works yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

See the pats game is blacked out. I just VPN and load the game ... That works yeah?

yeah it works for a while but it can boot you again. very annoying. i'm looking at the HTTP requests and it just seems to be a call to a http://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/servlets/checkgames that boots you. if that is blocked it works all the time. same with sharing logins, we tested sharing 2 if that URL is blocked. but everybody on account has to watch the same stream unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Probably a dumb question, but does using Hola help get around the Sky blackouts? Does Hola impact the quality/connection in any way?

And also, I forget. Is Redzone blacked out for Ireland/UK?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Probably a dumb question, but does using Hola help get around the Sky blackouts? Does Hola impact the quality/connection in any way?

And also, I forget. Is Redzone blacked out for Ireland/UK?

Thanks

Not sure about the first one but Redzone isn't blocked out in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,273 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    Hola will impact the connection, yes. But if you find a good server it shouldn't be a problem. I have to use a UAE server on Hola when I want to watch beinsport and it can play the 1.5MB stream without a problem.

It should stop the blackouts as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Raoul wrote: »
    Yeah but hopefully there will be some offer in December too for the playoffs.

There always is in December usually about 15
    All post season games are blacked out tho so it's only good for nfl network and the series/back games etc.

I'm setup using plex to a smart tv and I noticed on Sunday that if I started plex 1st and went to the game I wanted then started the android app I could have redzone at the same time on the second screen -- may be useful to you all if using plex

Advertisement