Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

gerire wrote: »
    There always is in December usually about 15
    All post season games are blacked out tho so it's only good for nfl network and the series/back games etc.

I'm setup using plex to a smart tv and I noticed on Sunday that if I started plex 1st and went to the game I wanted then started the android app I could have redzone at the same time on the second screen -- may be useful to you all if using plex

I was thinking about the game blackout but wouldn't the download feature get around that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I was thinking about the game blackout but wouldn't the download feature get around that ?

Yeah I wasn't clear. Only blacked out live. Can watch 24 hrs later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Only on second week of regular season, Game Pass has paid for itself already,

Watched hard knocks, 2 full Sundays of NFL red zone, 30 min catch ups of Mon / Thurs night football and dip into NFL network live during the week when I've a few. Minutes

Its a few Bob but the content you get is pure class

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Joemcn95

Can someone direct me on how to get around the blackouts I have hola unblocker set to portugal and gamepass just says connection error down beside the volume adjust. Been looking forward to hawks and broncos all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Has any one heard anymore about chromecast support, anytime i google for it i just get old news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

jesus I wish I discovered this earlier but accounts can be completely shared similiar to last year. just needs one real account to login and then share that JSESSIONID cookie. i adapted a chrome extension that makes this easy but it still needs one real account willing to share and a server to give easy access to that working cookie.

jesus I wish I discovered this earlier but accounts can be completely shared similiar to last year. just needs one real account to login and then share that JSESSIONID cookie. i adapted a chrome extension that makes this easy but it still needs one real account willing to share and a server to give easy access to that working cookie.

Ok, one more time...but slower and for the slow people.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    You can now watch gamepass and NFL Network through the NFL app on the xbox One. This makes me happy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Excellent news

Actually half was through the season at this stage and i was talkin to my mate at the London game about Gamepass and he was kinda giving out about the cost of it, then i just explained how i've watched redzone every sunday (bar London) and caught up on countless late games on condensed and how i've watched hard knocks and might throw on NFL Network a few times a week to just 'have it on' in the back ground. Up to this point in the season it really has paid for itself.

If i had've gone into town, the woolshed etc for ONE of those Sundays i would've spent the entire cost of buying gamepass. It is sometimes harder to justify it when it's late august and it seems expensive but its important to measure how much value and use you get out of it to help you decide the next year

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

BKWDR wrote: »
    Actually half was through the season at this stage and i was talkin to my mate at the London game about Gamepass and he was kinda giving out about the cost of it, then i just explained how i've watched redzone every sunday (bar London) and caught up on countless late games on condensed and how i've watched hard knocks and might throw on NFL Network a few times a week to just 'have it on' in the back ground. Up to this point in the season it really has paid for itself.

If i had've gone into town, the woolshed etc for ONE of those Sundays i would've spent the entire cost of buying gamepass. It is sometimes harder to justify it when it's late august and it seems expensive but its important to measure how much value and use you get out of it to help you decide the next year

Couldnt agree more tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

I was talking to the gamepass lads in London last weekend about Chromecast and Gamepass, why there is a delay is that the company they had contracted to implement the chromcast let them down and delayed the whole thing by 6 weeks, unofficially it's due to launch in 2 weeks and everyone is asking them them about it.

SO fingers crossed it will be there in a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

It would take something extraordinary for me to stop handing the cash over every year.

Sky have some howlers of game choices (including the London games obviously). Each week I’m watching 8 to ten games (condensed or otherwise), it’s such a bonus to have throughout winter. It really annoys me how long the blackout games take to become available but aside from that it’s just top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

SameOleJay wrote: »
    It would take something extraordinary for me to stop handing the cash over every year.

Sky have some howlers of game choices (including the London games obviously). Each week I’m watching 8 to ten games (condensed or otherwise), it’s such a bonus to have throughout winter. It really annoys me how long the blackout games take to become available but aside from that it’s just top notch.

I recommend using UnblockUS to get around that particular issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭franglan

Anyone have any idea if we will go to half price with half the season gone? Subscribed at the start of the season, changed bank accounts and the second instalment wasn't taken out of the new account so I lost my subscription.

i was hesistant to purchase before the season but it's really been great. i watched redzone in my hotel room on LTE last week after the London game.

just to reiterate, you can share login cookies on accounts. so if one legit account logs in and shares the cookie around, everybody can watch. if anyone wants to watch for rest of the season and on chrome, give me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

just to reiterate, you can share login cookies on accounts. so if one legit account logs in and shares the cookie around, everybody can watch. if anyone wants to watch for rest of the season and on chrome, give me a PM.

Is that actually possible? Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Raoul

i was hesistant to purchase before the season but it's really been great. i watched redzone in my hotel room on LTE last week after the London game.

How do you do this? I have an account but wouldn't mind watching it on two devices at the same time. At the moment I can only log in to one account

Raoul wrote: »
    How do you do this? I have an account but wouldn't mind watching it on two devices at the same time. At the moment I can only log in to one account

well it only know it works on browsers, don't know about the mobile apps. basically login normally on chrome or firefox and grab the JESSIONID login cookie. give this to someone and they overwrite their own gamepass JSESSIONID cookie and it works

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I don't suppose there are any deals going round for Redzone? It's really the main reason I want gamepass. Do they do an option at all for watching the playoffs actually? I know I'd need to go the VPN route but that'd be fine. The year long gamepass subscription is hardly worth it at this stage of the season just for redzone and (possibly) the playoffs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Where's the cheapest country to use now? Interested in getting it. Have Hola downloaded and what not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Portugaul i think. Could be differnt now were mid season

• Registered Users Posts: 15,273 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    Died on me a few minutes ago. Not for the first time this season either.

They can't keep charging so much for a 17 week season and have all of these problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Console won't launch for me. They've tweeted that they're aware of issues.

Edit: Well what do you know, complaining worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I can watch redzone but individual games I can't watch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Wasn't working on safari but working on Chrome after a little bit.

Chromecast worked brilliantly for me last night really good quality HD picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Raoul

Dymo wrote: »
    Chromecast worked brilliantly for me last night really good quality HD picture.

How did you cast it?

I have the gamepass addon on rasp pi. It works great too ;)

Raoul wrote: »
    How did you cast it?

I have the gamepass addon on rasp pi. It works great too ;)

Just went to the launch page and the chomecast icon is on all the games

a4800b02fb8caf7fae8433f326d31b7d.png

I used to stream it via html cable, but the quality wasn't a patch in the chomecast.

Every game from 2009 can be cast now to the TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Dymo wrote: »
    Just went to the launch page and the chomecast icon is on all the games

That option isn't there for me at all. No matter what browser I try or on my phone... you using any proxy or in a different country?

Advertisement