Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Thought I had cancelled auto renewal, just checked my mail there and its telling me 119 the regular season.

Not sure what to do, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Knex. wrote: »
    Thought I had cancelled auto renewal, just checked my mail there and its telling me 119 the regular season.

Not sure what to do, tbh.

Funny I thought I had cancelled mine but received the same offer. Went ahead and cancelled it though, there's still a long time between August 1st and seasons starts for something to appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

They want £130stg from me. They can go whistle!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Got the email this morning for 179.99 I don't know what I'm doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Well this was in the mail last year...
    Auto Renewal

Your subscription will automatically renew annually (on or around August 1) at either the same price as the previous year's full season rate or the current full season rate, whichever is lower. You may cancel auto renewal at any time prior to next season.

Last years full price was 145 EUR based out of Ireland I think..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Got an auto-renew mail saying 40 sterling will be taken August 1st... with 3 more instalments to come.

That can't be right.?... 160 sterling? Seems extortionate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Jesus. Those are crazy prices. I was all set to purchase it this year but there's no way I can justify that price, especially now that I'm moving to a house with Sky Sports. I want it for Redzone mostly so can anyone tell me does UPC's Sky Sports have the red button access? I know some people who have Sky Sports and can't get Redzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

No red zone on UPC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

My mail says it will automatically renew for 119 on the 1st and that I can log on and Pay now if I want.
    I logged on and it says buy season for 144 now, the auto renew at the bottom of my account section does mention 119.
    I'll hang off and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Lads, Sky Sports is Half price for the next 6 months for those who don't have it.

Thats only €108 for the rest of the year. Brings you into the playoffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

mooreman09 wrote: »
    Lads, Sky Sports is Half price for the next 6 months for those who don't have it.

Thats only €108 for the rest of the year. Brings you into the playoffs.

I assume there is prob a 12 month minimum sign up though?

kennyb3 wrote: »
    I assume there is prob a 12 month minimum sign up though?

As far as I know there isn't. I've a friend who signs up half price, drops it when the offer expires and then resigns the next time they have an offer.

http://www.sky.com/ireland/tv/sports/

Nearly certain it can be dropped after 6 months, if not they would have to tell you otherwise. Sky are on a huge drive because they lost the Champions league so they are being more flexible.

The offer ends this week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

no minimum lads, you can sign up and cancel at any point

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Pretty tempted, it must be said.

Nothing better than the sweet bliss of locking yourself in a room all day watching redzone nice and securely on your TV and when there are big commentary games, catching every minute without the threats that Streams bring!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

I have sky with all the sports this year - just got them in - with redzone does it give the option of games or is it just highlights? thats why i was gonna go for gamepass

I have sky with all the sports this year - just got them in - with redzone does it give the option of games or is it just highlights? thats why i was gonna go for gamepass

It gives you live highlights. So as all the games are on, they flick between them all showing the action as it happens. Think about Gillette Soccer Saturday but with live pictures instead of commentary.

Redzone is a flawless Sports Product and its great that its on the Red Button on Sky. I still watch the commentary games alot though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Redzone is immense, normally its Titans on the laptop and redzone on sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Jesus I can't wait for the season to start.

Love sitting down on a miserable Sunday night watching a game in sunny California or Florida

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Redzone is amazing but what i tend to do is watch a commentary game, avoid other results, and spread the games throughout a miserable week.

You can't go wrong either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

SameOleJay wrote: »
    ..... avoid other results, and spread the games throughout a miserable week.

You can't go wrong either way.

How in the name of god do you do that!!

You must live a cave like existence during the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Dear Game Pass Subscriber,

Thank you for being an NFL fan and for your ongoing support of NFL Game Pass. For the upcoming season, we want to ensure you are aware of how we price NFL Game Pass. Since we first offered NFL Game Pass, the global prices have been based on US Dollars. We have not changed the US Dollar amount we charge for access to NFL Game Pass for the past 2 seasons and are not changing prices this season. In that time, the currency exchange rates have fluctuated, and for our valued subscribers that have paid in foreign currencies, this has resulted in a lower price some years in certain countries, and a higher price in other countries. If you have paid in a non-US Dollar currency, we recognize that you may or may not see a change in your price for the upcoming season. We value you as our fans and want to be clear that our US Dollar price has not changed since 2013.

As a friendly reminder, your subscription (at the same US Dollar prices as last year) is set to Auto-Renew on August 7th, 2015 for EUR 179.99. If you have opted out of Auto-Renew, please ignore this email. We hope you join us for another fantastic season as we kickoff the road to Super Bowl 50.

Thanks,
    Your NFL.com Team

Got this email from gamepass this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I cancelled my Sky Sports subscription with UPC a few weeks ago, intending to get Gamepass instead.

I will see if UPC offer that half-price Sky offer, and maybe consider sticking with Sky now. Will probably hold off for a few weeks though, as I don't watch Sky Sports in the summer very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Guffy

D9Male wrote: »
    I cancelled my Sky Sports subscription with UPC a few weeks ago, intending to get Gamepass instead.

I will see if UPC offer that half-price Sky offer, and maybe consider sticking with Sky now. Will probably hold off for a few weeks though, as I don't watch Sky Sports in the summer very much.

Only thing with upc is the red button, no red zone. So you will have to factor that in to the value too.

Although you will have access to other sports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Can you avail of the half price offer if you are (or were recently) subscribed to SS?

Can you avail of the half price offer if you are (or were recently) subscribed to SS?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Hi guys, decided to take the plunge on this but went for the full package and saw

"Live access to Postseason & Super Bowl is not available in the UK/Ireland due to broadcast restrictions"

does this mean the top package is pointless for us?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

hots wrote: »
    Hi guys, decided to take the plunge on this but went for the full package and saw

"Live access to Postseason & Super Bowl is not available in the UK/Ireland due to broadcast restrictions"

does this mean the top package is pointless for us?

It's subject the same live broadcasting restrictions as the rest. Using a service like unblock us helps get around this. It costs like 3 EUR a month but is well worth it for this and other imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Agent J wrote: »
    It's subject the same live broadcasting restrictions as the rest. Using a service like unblock us helps get around this. It costs like 3 EUR a month but is well worth it for this and other imho.

Presume you need something like this for the Argentinian option as well?

Or do you know will a free option like Hola unblocker work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Agent J wrote: »

balls was hoping to avoid any of those sort of shenanigans, thought it was UK only...

Would VPNing it when you buy be enough or is it for every game?

Advertisement