Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Guffy

hots wrote: »
    balls was hoping to avoid any of those sort of shenanigans, thought it was UK only...

Would VPNing it when you buy be enough or is it for every game?

Vpn to log onto the console and turn it off again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

gufc21 wrote: »
    Vpn to log onto the console and turn it off again

that'll do so :) thanks for the info!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Cancelled auto renew this evening. Still very much up in the air about whether I'll go with gamepass again. I subscribe to the NBA version too and to be honest it's a lot easier to get quality NFL streams than NBA ones. Finding it hard to justify the price this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Raoul

Any discount codes yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

How easy is it to find a stream to the Network? I think I'm going to get a regular season pass as I have Sky for the play offs. I will likely want the Network for that last couple of weeks of the season but it isn't worth paying all that cash for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Beefy78 wrote: »
    How easy is it to find a stream to the Network? I think I'm going to get a regular season pass as I have Sky for the play offs. I will likely want the Network for that last couple of weeks of the season but it isn't worth paying all that cash for.

I think the NFL now app gives you the network and the 4.99 gets you the library of Americas game and hard knocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    http://www.macrumors.com/2015/07/20/nfl-game-pass-on-demand-access-apple-tv/

Coming to Apple TV anyway which is good. Still humming and hawing over the price though.

Although the US version seems to be only showing preseason games live. I've my Apple TV set up with an American DNS so I'd probably have to change that each week if I want to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I went with the Sky Sports deal, so not too pushed about GP for the time being. I'll see closer to Week 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/07/20/nfl-game-pass-on-demand-access-apple-tv/

Coming to Apple TV anyway which is good. Still humming and hawing over the price though.

Although the US version seems to be only showing preseason games live. I've my Apple TV set up with an American DNS so I'd probably have to change that each week if I want to use it.

Great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    I still have the auto renew... seems to be a tad pricey this year... is it or just my imagination?

Not sure how it compares to older prices.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Leslie91 wrote: »
    I still have the auto renew... seems to be a tad pricey this year... is it or just my imagination?

Not sure how it compares to older prices.

The season plus has indeed from from €145 to €180.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭boccy23

If it was available on Apple TV, then I would be interested.

But Gamepass in the US does not have live games. Their Gamepass only gives Game rewinds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Am interested, considering it anyway. Am in South America and will want to catch as many Vikings games as I can and we rarely make the ESPN or FOX games down here. That coverage is decent and the hours are more viewer friendly than in Ireland, on Sunday for example ESPN and FOX show games at 6pm and 9pm local but I don't think I caught one Vikings game last year.

Trying to find out the local price...

the hours are more viewer friendly than in Ireland, on Sunday for example ESPN and FOX show games at 6pm and 9pm local but I don't think I caught one Vikings game last year.

Same times here??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Same times here??

I thought they'd be later as we're 4 hours behind you and only 1 hour behind EST (N.Y. etc).

Anyway, i guess I'll sign up if the price isn't outrageous and i definitely can watch all or most of the Vikings games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Pre-season games on Thursday week, looking at getting my gamepass subscription sorted. Anyone tried the Argentina option yet?

I tried bringing up the site (https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages) with Hola unblocker set to Argentina, but it still quoted me the Irish price of €144.99.

Do I need a VPN or something?

padraig_f wrote: »
    Pre-season games on Thursday week, looking at getting my gamepass subscription sorted. Anyone tried the Argentina option yet?

I tried bringing up the site (https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages) with Hola unblocker set to Argentina, but it still quoted me the Irish price of €144.99.

Do I need a VPN or something?
    It usually works. I can try tomorrow.

If not you can get a vpn trial and just buy gamepass during the trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

well i give up. i VPN'd through romania, argentina, colombia, switzerland and could get nothing cheaper than $199 or €180 for season plus. also heard nothing of coupon codes. just going turn back on auto-renew and pay the €180

well i give up. i VPN'd through romania, argentina, colombia, switzerland and could get nothing cheaper than $199 or €180 for season plus. also heard nothing of coupon codes. just going turn back on auto-renew and pay the €180

Why don't you just wait for a while...use the 7 day free trial. At worst you sign up for 180 anyway.

Have you cleared your cache? I think u need to access nfl site from arge, etc. for first time. If you clear your cache, change region then access the site it should work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Have you cleared your cache? I think u need to access nfl site from arge, etc. for first time. If you clear your cache, change region then access the site it should work

yes, cleared cache and cookies, before each page load. can somebody who claims it's still cheaper in Argentina just check for themselves?! because I'm reading similiar reports on reddit over the past month

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Guys , the email i am getting is saying €119.00 will be billed on Aug 7th. Does anyone know what package it is. If its the standard regular season package like i had last year, i am ok with it (Paid on a Portugeese proxy last year) If its the follow your team package which seems to match that price i am not.

It should be the package that you had last year, hence renewing your package!

Just noticed myself there...if you stick the currency to the brazilian currency then it converts to 162 euro. Would this work the whole way through?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm just going to let it auto renew for 120. I'll just watch the playoffs in SD on sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Gave it one last go last year, but sick to my teeth of being a full minute behind the games. All too often a highlight showed up on the game I had on tv, or redzone of a game I was watching several plays ahead. Even stuff like twitter or forums is unusable when using GP. Then I paid for the full season package but could watch no playoff games as they were all blacked out. Wonderful. There's plenty of alternatives for much cheaper, illegal though they may be

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Gave it one last go last year, but sick to my teeth of being a full minute behind the games. All too often a highlight showed up on the game I had on tv, or redzone of a game I was watching several plays ahead. Even stuff like twitter or forums is unusable when using GP. Then I paid for the full season package but could watch no playoff games as they were all blacked out. Wonderful. There's plenty of alternatives for much cheaper, illegal though they may be

playoffs were very easy to watch with a vpn service like hola last season. I watched all the playoffs on HD with the chrome extension, which was another bonus to the gamepass. I was sick of poor quality unreliable streams before, and it was worth it for gamepass last year. I'll probably renew, but the price is a big jump. Will wait as long as I can for offers or vouchers or someone to move to some country where it is cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Yeah that's true, was rather stupid to how easy hola was last year. Still, I can't get over the time delay. Makes no sense why it's there when services like Cobain can get pics quicker than TV. Takes having a bet on the games inrunning almost out of the question also

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Each to their own I guess, being a minute behind makes zero difference to me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yea no difference to me either I just stay off forums and twitter while the titans games are on, not that many are posting about titans games though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I do find it annoying that when I check my fantasy football scores that even they will be ahead of Gamepass.

Advertisement