Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Guys and Gals, Can I watch Gamepass on the Xbox One via the NFL App ? I have the App up at the moment but can't see Gamepass or how to sign up with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Sorry if it's been asked/answered before lads but are Channel 4/Eurosport showing the Sunday night/Monday night games this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Sorry if it's been asked/answered before lads but are Channel 4/Eurosport showing the Sunday night/Monday night games this season?

No, Sky have all the games now, unfortunately.
    Sky Sports will be showing NFL's Sunday Night Football live for the next two years, bringing viewers an additional game a week and taking the schedule to more than 100 live matches a season.

NFL fans with Sky Sports can enjoy more coverage than ever before across TV, online, mobile and tablet devices with at least five games a week across the regular season, every play-off clash, the Super Bowl and the Pro Bowl.

Also new for this season is Monday Night Football, which alongside Thursday and Sunday games, provides viewers with more matches during the regular season. Sky Sports will also be showing exclusively live pre-season coverage for the first time in seven years, as New Orleans Saints host the Houston Texans on Sunday 30 August.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

you'll get some offers for sky sports if you call up (to sky that is)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    McLoughlin wrote: »
    Guys and Gals, Can I watch Gamepass on the Xbox One via the NFL App ? I have the App up at the moment but can't see Gamepass or how to sign up with it.

You can yes, at least you could last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

infacteh wrote: »
    No, Sky have all the games now, unfortunately.

Cheers pal. I remember Sky used to show the late night Sunday games a few years back but I don't have them anymore unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Can you use Chromecast via the Android App?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Can you use Chromecast via the Android App?

yep, introduced midseason last year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

McLoughlin wrote: »

Yep. Not working right now though because they are doing a massive upgrade on it. Will be available by week 1 though.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/7/9114381/xbox-one-nfl-app-surface-sidelines

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Grand so to Gamepass I go though still upset with no SNF on Channel 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭myate

Sky have taken SNF & MNF for next two years...but these games won't be blacked out on Gamepass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

myate wrote: »
    Sky have taken SNF & MNF for next two years...but these games won't be blacked out on Gamepass.

I hope this is true. There's not much of an offering left for Gamepass if the 4 best games of every weekend are blacked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Hurry the hell up with the discount codes already NFL....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

poldebruin wrote: »
    I hope this is true. There's not much of an offering left for Gamepass if the 4 best games of every weekend are blacked out.

Since Sky sealed the deal for SNF and MNF after gamepass prices were set i don't think they could blackout these games on gamepass. But it might be something Sky might demand happening in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Funnily Sky now having SNF and MNF means I might not bother with Gamepass now as all I'll need is to be able to pick the Sunday afternoon games and other sources may suffice for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

myate wrote: »
    For users living in the UK and Republic of Ireland:

Weekly blackout restrictions apply to all subscriptions (Season Plus, Season, Monthly, Weekly, and Follow Your Team) for locally televised Regular Season games during both the 1pm ET and 4pm ET game windows on Sunday. These live game broadcasts will be blacked out in your area while the game is in progress. You will be able to watch them in the NFL Game Pass archives twenty-four (24) hours after their conclusion. These blackout restrictions apply to the Condensed Game and mobile archives of the selected games as well.

Monday, Thursday and Sunday Night games as well as U.S. Thanksgiving Day games will not be subject to blackouts in the UK and Republic of Ireland. Additional game restrictions may be added throughout the season due to regional broadcast rights.

All live broadcasts of the 2014 Playoffs including Super Bowl XLIX will be blacked out in the UK and Republic of Ireland. Each Playoff game (Super Bowl XLVIX included) will be made available twenty-four (24) hours after the conclusion of its live broadcast. These blackout restrictions apply to the Condensed Game and mobile archives of the selected games as well. While these games will not be available live in NFL Game Pass, they are available live locally on television. Please visit http://www.nfluk.com/tv-and-radio/tv-schedule.html to check availability.

From the nfl gamepass support page.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    From the nfl gamepass support page.

The date on that is 2014 though... "2014 playoff games".

I thought I saw somewhere that the Sunday 6pm and 9.25pm games would be blacked out here, can't remember where I saw that though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

dont mind blackouts anyway guys, very easy ways around them. Just start the gamepass console in another country and you can watch what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭boccy23

Can I get Gamepass to work on Apple TV?

I have NFL Now working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

boccy23 wrote: »
    Can I get Gamepass to work on Apple TV?

I have NFL Now working.

Airplay from a mac or an iPad work. No gamepass app yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭myate

Sky 6pm & 9pm games are blacked out as normal with Gamepass...the one that isn't is the SNF ie: late game in the US, the one that used to be on C4 after midnight.
    The date on that is 2014 though... "2014 playoff games".

I thought I saw somewhere that the Sunday 6pm and 9.25pm games would be blacked out here, can't remember where I saw that though.

When did discount codes come out in previous years and how do you get them? Also, how much of discount is it?

cooker3 wrote: »
    Yeah I just VPNed through Brazil and paid for the season subscription. It cost 394.99 riel which AIB is saying is 102.05, only 45 cent difference from what XE says. That's a pretty good deal.

Quick question, do you have to turn on the VPN to whatever country you paid in every time you want to watch or are you ok watching from 'Ireland' once your subscription is accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    Quick question, do you have to turn on the VPN to whatever country you paid in every time you want to watch or are you ok watching from 'Ireland' once your subscription is accepted?

No, watch from Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Just signed up through Hola. It's now just €98 for the season if you pay in Brazilian Real. Or €31 a month if you'er saying every penny for your holiday in four weeks time....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Just signed up through Hola. It's now just €98 for the season if you pay in Brazilian Real. Or €31 a month if you'er saying every penny for your holiday in four weeks time....

Think it always was that... Maybe marginal difference in the exchange rate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It was about a fiver more a couple of weeks ago I think

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Red zone is on tonight according to Scott Hanson on the Twitter. He of course being host of said show. That's a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

How do you fill in your billing address using a Brazilian VPN? If you put Ireland, will that not tip them off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

How do you fill in your billing address using a Brazilian VPN? If you put Ireland, will that not tip them off?

All you have to do is chose the currency from the drop down.
    That's all I did

Advertisement