Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I swear I've already gotten value out of the gamepass in the one month I've had it bought... Really is a nobrainer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Just watched the whole game from last night while eating breakfast. The condensed games is a great feature, no brainer for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Watched it all play by play on the way to work this morning, fantastic stuff. Any idea how long it normally takes the condensed highlights to come out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

hots wrote: »
    Watched it all play by play on the way to work this morning, fantastic stuff. Any idea how long it normally takes the condensed highlights to come out?

They were up when I checked around 8 this morning anyway.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    They were up when I checked around 8 this morning anyway.

I must have just been too early so, the joys of an early Friday start!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

They were there when I checked around ten past 7 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Just a question about this
    Do you have to launch the app from "Portugal" to view games once you have signed up using that method or will launching it from "Ireland" work fine,

It'll work fine, just be aware that certain games won't be viewable live through Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

It'll work fine, just be aware that certain games won't be viewable live through Ireland.

Thanks
    The reason I ask is because I signed up for the 7 day promo a few weeks back using Hola pointing to Portugal on my PC and the currency set to Brazilian Real. I did this to get an idea of the price and so that if I did not bother to cancel I would be paying less that if in "Ireland"

However when I then installed Game Pass on the tablet, without Hola, and tried to login it told me I did not have a valid subscription

However when I then installed Game Pass on the tablet, without Hola, and tried to login it told me I did not have a valid subscription

That's weird. I used UnblockUS to subscribe and pay via real, and I can log in fine on my ipad/ iphone/ laptop without a VPN turned on. Did the payment go through?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

That's weird. I used UnblockUS to subscribe and pay via real, and I can log in fine on my ipad/ iphone/ laptop without a VPN turned on. Did the payment go through?

I cancelled the 7 day trial almost immediately because of it and have no revisited it.

Getting a new tablet at the weekend so I'll try it again.

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    They were there when I checked around ten past 7 this morning.

huh I must really have just missed it so, I was on about about 6:50...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    I had planned to download the condensed game and watch it on the way to work but I made the mistake of clicking on RTE.ie and they had the result on their main page so it was ruined for me then. I thought that would be a safe enough site to read while having the brekkie.

Since when are RTE reporting on regular season NFL games?

I had planned to download the condensed game and watch it on the way to work but I made the mistake of clicking on RTE.ie and they had the result on their main page so it was ruined for me then. I thought that would be a safe enough site to read while having the brekkie.

Since when are RTE reporting on regular season NFL games?

First game of the season + pats + brady = bad news. I'd say 90% of the normal season you'd be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

hots wrote: »
    First game of the season + pats + brady = bad news. I'd say 90% of the normal season you'd be grand.

Last season i think they did a round up of the Sundays games on monday morning. So id still be a little wary if u dont want a result spoiled

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

why is it so much more expensive for the playoffs and superbowl ? €40 is quite a jump for those games

s8n wrote: »
    why is it so much more expensive for the playoffs and superbowl ? €40 is quite a jump for those games

Beware the blackout is in effect for the playoffs too so you'll need your VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Brian017

You also get to access the content for 7 months after the SuperBowl. It doesn't just stop after the SuperBowl like the Season plan ends after the regular season.

Beware the blackout is in effect for the playoffs too so you'll need your VPN.

Do you mean the sky sports blackout ?

I presume that using a VPN to the US would open the access to the playoffs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Brian017

It's blacked out there too. You'd need somewhere besides the US and the UK

No not the US. Set your vpn to anywhere but the US/UK/Ireland and you'll be grand.

• Advertisement

No not the US. Set your vpn to anywhere but the US/UK/Ireland and you'll be grand.

Perfect. Thanks for the heads up

Brian017 wrote: »
    You also get to access the content for 7 months after the SuperBowl. It doesn't just stop after the SuperBowl like the Season plan ends after the regular season.

That alone makes it worth it for me. You can watch old games, you have access to the Super Bowl Archives all summer along with documentaries and all the shows on NFL network, the draft, etc. I found myself often sticking an old game on or something during the summer when I was pottering around doing stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless

Because the playoffs are so much better than the regular season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

That alone makes it worth it for me. You can watch old games, you have access to the Super Bowl Archives all summer along with documentaries and all the shows on NFL network, the draft, etc. I found myself often sticking an old game on or something during the summer when I was pottering around doing stuff.

Yah February to august can be a long stint so it's very handy to watch the draft of the nfl network on updates or just old games..

In July I was working at home and put on an old red zone from a random Sunday... Sure ya do forget results from reg season games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Finally said "F**k it" and signed up via Brazil CCY option.

Net cost is 140 EUR (For Season plus option)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Huawei Gallagher

My "Friend":cool: got the "Follow my team option" by using Hola VPN and setting it to Netherlands, then paying in Brazilian Reals. It should cost roughly 69 euro, has not got the bill yet. Thanks to all for the info.

My "Friend":cool: has also used the Hola App on his Android Tab and then accessed gamepss through the Hola App with Greece as the VPN country. Sometimes this would remove the Blackowt restriction for Sundays game, sometimes not. He would re start the tablet and try it again and restriction would be removed. So if at first you don't succeed, clear your cache, change country setting, re start etc.

Hola Free option is alleged to use your bandwidth and do some less than ideal things. The paid 5 bucks a month option allegedly does not do these less than ideal things, so be warned about Hola.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Will we be able to watch RedZone live this evening on GamePass?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Buttros

brianon wrote: »
    Will we be able to watch RedZone live this evening on GamePass?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Buttros wrote: »
    Yes.

Cool. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

am i missing something or can i not watch live games on the xbox app?

Advertisement