Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Would love if they would let you download games on Android devices....i take it they still allow that on Apple devices

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yeah they do. I watched Giants vs Bills on a flight from America last Friday and had four randomers straining to watch on my iPad

Yeah that's what i feel would really make this brilliant ap even better. I've ordered an SD card for my android just incase

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Raoul

titan18 wrote: »
    If it's the same as the UK last year, it'll be a 6 day delay for games on Sky, including playoffs.

It is very easy to circumnavigate the blackouts on your laptop.

What time do games stop being blacked out? I just sat down at Edinburgh Airport and paid for three hours wifi to watch the Redskins vs Giants and it is still blacked out and I can't use my VPN service from here :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Beefy78 wrote: »
    What time do games stop being blacked out? I just sat down at Edinburgh Airport and paid for three hours wifi to watch the Redskins vs Giants and it is still blacked out and I can't use my VPN service from here :(

24 hours I think.

Thanks. Sky happened to be showing the highlights so got to watch those in Sky Go anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Morte

Probably a stupid question. Is there a way to get it to resume from where you last watched it? I don't always remember where I stopped, particularly on Redzone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

gamepass staying ive no subscriptions active but i bought the reg season one, just checked the confirmation mail and it says i have access til Jan 15th :mad::mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

signing in on the wrong account :eek::pac:

• Advertisement

Just a quick question. For the wildcard and playoffs. Does GP not work at all or will they load up Blacked Out games

If i was watching from Holland (let's say) would they be there?

Actually just checked and the games are in there...blacked out...i assume i just have to go on holidays to Holland to watch em

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

BKWDR wrote: »
    Actually just checked and the games are in there...blacked out...i assume i just have to go on holidays to Holland to watch em

Yeah this is one of the busiest months for Dutch tourism I hear, I will also be visiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Has another found what country to "travel" to in order to find the cheapest price to watch the playoffs.
    Just have the regular season subscription at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    lbj666 wrote: »
    Has another found what country to "travel" to in order to find the cheapest price to watch the playoffs.
    Just have the regular season subscription at the moment.

For the regular season travelling to Portugal and paying in the Brazilian currency was up there with the cheapest options so I'd imagine nothing's changed too much since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Anyone found a country to use to watch tonight without the blackouts that doesnt cause gamepass to keep crashing?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

frostie500 wrote: »
    Anyone found a country to use to watch tonight without the blackouts that doesnt cause gamepass to keep crashing?

The Netherlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The Netherlands.

Keeps dropping for me unfortunately. I'll need to figure it out by tomorrow but at least for the rest of the night I've got control of the telly again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Raoul

You just need to sign into the gamepass console and then you can turn the vpn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

If it helps, I find using unblock us best, watching the Hawks Vikings game right now via Australia and it's perfect. I never have any drops. Yeah, I pay an extra €5 per month via PayPal but it's well worth it.

• Advertisement

I find on the laptop, the trip to holland or wherever works a treat, but then lets say on the phone, using the same software and loads up app, but still blacked out...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I notice the Gamepass is €180 until 31/07/2017. I assume that's going to be the same price by the start of the 2016 season? Have there been any offers in the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭myate

I notice the Gamepass is €180 until 31/07/2017. I assume that's going to be the same price by the start of the 2016 season? Have there been any offers in the past?

That's what I paid last season for Season Plus package...usually they came out with an offer if you looked through NFL UK forums, but last year there wasn't any. Strange there isn't any different packages though - usually a 1 team only package, full season up to playoffs, then season plus. I don't mind the €180 cost as I watch NFL network most days anyway & get value for it but hopefully they'll come out with cheaper options.

Do you know if Thursday Night and Sunday Night Football games are available on the Gamepass the morning after the game? That would be a big factor in me subscribing! I'm on the free trial right now, it's a slick service. I see they have a PS4 app too which is the only way (aside from chromecast) that I can watch on TV.

Yeah they are. They are available 'as broadcast' pretty much straight away. The version without adverts usually goes up about 7am-ish.

EDIT - hang on they have a PS4 app? Since when? It has always been XBox only....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    I haven't bought GamePass in about 3 seasons now despite strongly considering it again last year, but I think it's probably worth it for me just to be able to watch the Thursday/Sunday/Monday Night Football games the next morning before work.

There's no way I can stay up for them live these days and I found myself just using the highlights package on NFL.com, While it's fine for what it is, seeing 3 or 4 minutes of highlights compared to a full game in 20 odd minutes doesn't cut it once you've experience the condensed version.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Do you know if Thursday Night and Sunday Night Football games are available on the Gamepass the morning after the game? That would be a big factor in me subscribing! I'm on the free trial right now, it's a slick service. I see they have a PS4 app too which is the only way (aside from chromecast) that I can watch on TV.

They are shown live or were.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭myate

Yeah the only games not live on Gamepass are the Sky Sports 6pm & 9pm games. Thursday/Sunday/MNF are always live if you can stay up! If you don't want to wait for them to be available on demand, NFL Network shows them next morning starting around 6am...but they always have a ticker news feed on the bottom of the screen with the scores!!

Beefy78 wrote: »
    EDIT - hang on they have a PS4 app? Since when? It has always been XBox only....

On the website it says they do, however when I looked on the PS Store I couldn't find it. Maybe it's only available in the US?

• Advertisement

Yeah it is on the US store, I downloaded it last night. It is the same as the Apple TV application and is designed for the US Gamepass not the international one. You'll be able to watch replays of all the games (although it is easy to have them spoiled in the app whist you're trying to find the one that you want) but not the live games.

It also crashed three times when I was playing around with it yesterday.

Advertisement