Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Lads... Gamepass on xbox? is it available here in Ireland and am I right in saying you can't use it to watch the games Live as one can on the Gamepass iPad app for example?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

It is available here and you can watch games live, or redzone etc.

You need a subscription to game pass as well as an Xbox live gold subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

just looking at it there now - 240 seems excessive!! but ok say i go with it!

What can i use to view it.... its not available on PS4 yet.... apparently you cant stream it through chrome yet...... so aside from plugging my HD from my laptop to the TV i just have it on the laptop....

Anyone any advise on what way they watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I generally watch on my iPad and ping it from there to the big screen using Apple TV.

I'm getting €180 not €240 though... That could be because at work the computers route through Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

just looking at it there now - 240 seems excessive!! but ok say i go with it!

What can i use to view it.... its not available on PS4 yet.... apparently you cant stream it through chrome yet...... so aside from plugging my HD from my laptop to the TV i just have it on the laptop....

Anyone any advise on what way they watch it?

I use chromecast from my iphone/ipad app all the time. Zero problems.

• Advertisement

dont meant to be stupid.... if i sign up using a vpn - can i still login without being on the vpn - or does the vpn always need to be on

dont meant to be stupid.... if i sign up using a vpn - can i still login without being on the vpn - or does the vpn always need to be on

The way I've always done it is that I have signed up and paid for my subscription using a VPN. If I want to watch a blacked out game I use the VPN on my laptop and watch it there, otherwise the games are all available live on the app without a VPN which you can then cast as normal to the tv using chromecast. It's only the odd game that's blacked-out so it really doesn't effect it too much I find.

thats awesome thanks a mill

I think brazil was only 105 dollars - im on a work pc today and thats routed through denmark so thats where the 240 must be coming from!

Cheers for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Beefy78 wrote: »
    I generally watch on my iPad and ping it from there to the big screen using Apple TV.

I'm getting €180 not €240 though... That could be because at work the computers route through Germany.

If you have the apple tv you can watch the games via the gamepass app directly so no airplay required. Last season I was able to also watch Red Zone on my iPad while watching a game gets arrow.

I don't think you could the NFL Network on it though so airplay still required for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've never been able to get the live games working on the Apple TV app. The replayed games are there though....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Considering picking this up for the 2016/17 season, would ye recommend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Loughc wrote: »
    Considering picking this up for the 2016/17 season, would ye recommend it?

In a heartbeat ( if u can get it without paying full price)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

wawaman wrote: »
    In a heartbeat ( if u can get it without paying full price)

If there is a way around paying full price PM me haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

Loughc wrote: »
    If there is a way around paying full price PM me haha.

Second this!

Looking to sign up to Gamepass for the full season for the first time....is it possible to use a VPN to get the best sign-up price, without having to use a VPN throughout the season?

Limpar wrote: »
    Second this!

Looking to sign up to Gamepass for the full season for the first time....is it possible to use a VPN to get the best sign-up price, without having to use a VPN throughout the season?

That's what I do, I only use a vpn to watch the blacked out games on my laptop. Everything else I chromecast from the app on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

That's what I do, I only use a vpn to watch the blacked out games on my laptop. Everything else I chromecast from the app on my phone.

Cool, what combination do you normally use for the best price?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Anyone thinking about getting gamepass should take the jump and get it. Ive had for a few years and wouldnt want to go without it now it's expensive but well worth it

Limpar wrote: »
    Cool, what combination do you normally use for the best price?

I think last year it was Brazil. I can't remember. Sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

It's Brazil. Sign up using a VPN to say you're in Brazil.

You don't need to use the VPN ever again (unless it's to avoid Sky blackouts occasionally).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

It's Brazil. Sign up using a VPN to say you're in Brazil.

You don't need to use the VPN ever again (unless it's to avoid Sky blackouts occasionally).

I think they have it sussed this yr no?... seeing R705 now via Brazil which is about same as Euro price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Brian017

Leslie91 wrote: »
    I think they have it sussed this yr no?... seeing R705 now via Brazil which is about same as Euro price.

The euro price is actually a bit cheaper. $R705 is about €189

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lads how much is the euro price this year ? It was 188 last year so has it gone up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Brian017

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Lads how much is the euro price this year ? It was 188 last year so has it gone up.

Down slightly. 180

Brian017 wrote: »
    Down slightly. 180

Ah alright. Cheers.

When are the standard season and team only prices announced?

When are the standard season and team only prices announced?

I normally get an email informing me of the price I've to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭Guffy

Sterling price converts to about €166 and live exchange rates

gufc21 wrote: »
    Sterling price converts to about €166 and live exchange rates

Is our price a straight conversion from sterling ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭Guffy

Is our price a straight conversion from sterling ?

If you select pay in sterling it charges £139

• Advertisement

I normally get an email informing me of the price I've to pay.

Is it strange thought that the page website only has Season Plus prices listed and not the other two packages or is it always like this and the other prices come up later?

Advertisement