Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

gufc21 wrote: »
    If you select pay in sterling it charges £139

God bless BREXIT

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

BKWDR wrote: »
    God bless BREXIT

Silver lining! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    I was reading their Digital Care site and it looks like there is only going to be the Season Plus package this year.

But it does say "All Season and FYT subscribers will be upgraded to Season Plus for the rate paid for Season or FYT, respectively".

So those who paid for Season Plus last year will be paying more than those who paid for just the other 2 options. Or am I missing something?

Question for all Game Pass users.

Looking at a new telly and want to be able to chromecast GamePass to it. Looking at a 50/52 inch telly , at what size does it start looking a bit crap? pixelated etc

Any experience on what size telly you have and what works best please?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Looking at a new telly and want to be able to chromecast GamePass to it. Looking at a 50/52 inch telly , at what size does it start looking a bit crap? pixelated etc

What will effect the picture quality more is your internet speed. Sometimes on my 42 (ish, I think, might be more) it's pixelated, simply because my net is slow. 99.9% of the time casting it is crystal clear.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Not sure about chrome cast but directly from the laptop wired to the TV it looks perfect, doesn't get pixelated at all as long as your broadband is up to the task.

This is on a 42/43 inch screen but I'm sure it would be fine on a larger screen also.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭myate

I use chromecast on a 40", and as said, when the internet connection is good, it's the same as watching full HD normal sky channel!
    For those of us that pay full price not dealing with vpn's...that weak sterling is looking great as it comes time to renew!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Brian017

I would echo what the 3 others have said. Your internet connection is more important to quality of picture than screen size. I have a 48 inch tv and it's honestly like looking at a linear tv channel. The only problem I have in regards to it pixelating is when my internet is a bit sluggish

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭Guffy

Pay in sterling today... €160

What will effect the picture quality more is your internet speed. Sometimes on my 42 (ish, I think, might be more) it's pixelated, simply because my net is slow. 99.9% of the time casting it is crystal clear.
    adrian522 wrote: »
    Not sure about chrome cast but directly from the laptop wired to the TV it looks perfect, doesn't get pixelated at all as long as your broadband is up to the task.

This is on a 42/43 inch screen but I'm sure it would be fine on a larger screen also.
    myate wrote: »
    I use chromecast on a 40", and as said, when the internet connection is good, it's the same as watching full HD normal sky channel!
    For those of us that pay full price not dealing with vpn's...that weak sterling is looking great as it comes time to renew!!
    Brian017 wrote: »
    I would echo what the 3 others have said. Your internet connection is more important to quality of picture than screen size. I have a 48 inch tv and it's honestly like looking at a linear tv channel. The only problem I have in regards to it pixelating is when my internet is a bit sluggish

Thanks guys, i have a 42 inch telly i plug the laptop into and its quality. My worry is with getting the next step up to 52inch.

My broabband is 70 meg so thinking i should be ok.

On the bigger screen ive seen a game and its unreal

• Advertisement

How do i renew ?

My subscription brings me up to July 31st. I logged in and cant see any renew button etc

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

How do i renew ?

My subscription brings me up to July 31st. I logged in and cant see any renew button etc

I'm the same in so far as my subscription is up on July 31st. Do you have auto renew on ? If you do then it will just automatically renew on the 1st of August. I've gotten an email about it the past few years telling me the price and when the auto renew will kick in.

Just had a look at the gamepass emails I've gotten in the past and from 2014 to 2015 it jumped €35 to €179.99. I'd forgotten that actually. Also the emails the last two years arrived on the 3rd of July. its strange that I haven't got one yet.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'm the same in so far as my subscription is up on July 31st. Do you have auto renew on ? If you do then it will just automatically renew on the 1st of August. I've gotten an email about it the past few years telling me the price and when the auto renew will kick in.

Just found it, up top where you see 2016 pricing click that and then click the button saying subscribe and it brings you through to pay.

I hate seeing that PROMO CODE box , there must be a promo for it... :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    Just got an email. My account is set to auto renew, so I'll be charged the same price as last year, $130 paid by Brazilian Real, for the season plus this year. Free upgrade basically......

As the 2016 season approaches, we have exciting new features on NFL Game Pass for UK fans! For the first time, users will have access to LIVE Playoffs and Super Bowl LI! Your 2016 subscription will have all of the same great features as before AND MORE - Live games in HD, NFL RedZone, 24/7 NFL Network, Archives, access on all of your devices, downloadable games, Coaches Film and condensed games.

Your NFL Game Pass Season Plus Subscription is set to auto renew on or around 5 August 2016 and at that time, your account will be billed in EUR at your previous 2015 rate of 199.99 USD*. Your access to NFL action will begin immediately.

If you no longer wish to continue your access to NFL Game Pass, you can cancel your subscription in one of two ways:
    1) Sign in to your account at NFL.com/gamepass.

• Click the "My Account" link at the top of the page
    • Click "Update Billing Information"
    • Uncheck the box that indicates you would like to be auto-renewed for the 2016 NFL Season
    2) If the above method does not work for you, please contact customer service by visiting this link and filling out the form.

Get ready for a very exciting season!

The NFL.com Team

*Please be aware this is a one-time upgrade. In 2017 you will be charged for Season Plus pursuant to our
    Terms & Conditions, which provides that you will be charged for Season Plus at the 2016 U.S. Dollar
    (or local currency, as applicable) rate or the current year's Season Plus rate, whichever is lower.

Email I just got from nfl gamepass. The part in bold is interesting I have to say. That could be a deal breaker for some on here. The playoffs and superbowl without blackouts due to sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    infacteh wrote: »
    Just got an email. My account is set to auto renew, so I'll be charged the same price as last year, $130 paid by Brazilian Real, for the season plus this year. Free upgrade basically......

Seems they have cottoned on to this anomaly this year. If you wanna pay in Brazilian Real now it is more expensive than the Euro price. With GBP weakening there might be a bit of a saving to buy/pay for it in Sterling.

Email I just got from nfl gamepass. The part in bold is interesting I have to say. That could be a deal breaker for some on here. The playoffs and superbowl without blackouts due to sky.

There's still blackouts according to the FAQs.

https://digitalcare.nfl.com/hc/en-us/articles/218100558-Blackouts-

I thought I'd cancelled the auto-renew but I got the email today saying that mine will auto-renew for $130 on 5 August.

So at least I'm getting it at the cheaper price but it looks like I'll have to wait until then to subscribe as I get quoted the €180 when I go to subscribe manually.

There's still blackouts according to the FAQs.

https://digitalcare.nfl.com/hc/en-us/articles/218100558-Blackouts-

Well yeah but not playoffs and Super Bowl and you can get the games through redone during the regular season.

• Advertisement

Well yeah but not playoffs and Super Bowl and you can get the games through redone during the regular season.

Yeah, that's a positive alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

So, what's the cheapest currency / price ? Mine wants to renew from last year in BRL for 199 USD !!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭myate

Has anybody else that's already subscribed tried to update their account...to either cancel auto-renew or change the default currency that you paid in last year? Trying to change to Sterling, but it keeps reverting to Euro...ie: it wont update!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Brian017

Has anybody else that's already subscribed tried to update their account...to either cancel auto-renew or change the default currency that you paid in last year? Trying to change to Sterling, but it keeps reverting to Euro...ie: it wont update!

Untick auto renew, go to the homepage, change to Sterling and just subscribe. That's what I did and got charged 165 euro

I've decided to rewatch random games from last season. I'm watching the Ravens vs jags from week 10 and sweet Jesus the Ravens just gave away a facemask penalty with time running out. The jags win the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I've decided to rewatch random games from last season. I'm watching the Ravens vs jags from week 10 and sweet Jesus the Ravens just gave away a facemask penalty with time running out. The jags win the game.

I love doing that, the condensed games are a great feature.

How would that be a dealbreaker? surely that would be good thing no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

How would that be a dealbreaker? surely that would be good thing no?

Maybe the wording was a bit confusing but I took it that if u were on the fence it might make you go ahead and get game pass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams

Auto renew from Brazilian Real should work out at approx €120 for the year

• Advertisement

infacteh wrote: »
    Auto renew from Brazilian Real should work out at approx €120 for the year

its saying on mine that it works out at 199 dollars which is 180 e how are you geting 120

Advertisement