Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I turned off auto renewal, now i cant turn it back on , is that how you were all getting a better price?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

I got an email too saying my auto re new is $129 including season pass which on current rates seems to be about €117! Nice one! And I was just about to untick auto re new and get it in £stg for about €165 at the start of the week.

It does state this is a one season offer and in 2017 my season plus will be at the current rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    BKWDR wrote: »
    its saying on mine that it works out at 199 dollars which is 180 e how are you geting 120
    bruschi wrote: »
    I got an email too saying my auto re new is $129 including season pass which on current rates seems to be about €117! Nice one! And I was just about to untick auto re new and get it in £stg for about €165 at the start of the week.

I got this email too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    I got that email as well but is there any way to activate it now? It says it will auto renew on 5 August so I presume we can't access it until then. Going in and trying to pay now gives me the €180 price.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Is there a way to 'bookmark' games so you can come back later to finish watching?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I've decided to rewatch random games from last season. I'm watching the Ravens vs jags from week 10 and sweet Jesus the Ravens just gave away a facemask penalty with time running out. The jags win the game.

At that stage I was actually happy that the Ravens were seemingly finding new ways to out-do themselves in terms of throwing away games each week. The season was over so I was happy to take any L's for better draft position.

Has anybody had any success getting a proper answer to anything from the 'submit a request' on the NFL Digital Care site? I've sent in a few questions over the past week or so and the answers I've gotten back are like robotic answers that pick up a word in my question and spew back some pre-determined rubbish.

Just thinking as well, are we sure the $129.99 that's been quoted in the auto-renewal email includes all taxes etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭myate

Has anybody had any success getting a proper answer to anything from the 'submit a request' on the NFL Digital Care site? I've sent in a few questions over the past week or so and the answers I've gotten back are like robotic answers that pick up a word in my question and spew back some pre-determined rubbish.

I wrote to them a few days ago saying my account wouldn't update to Sterling or turn off Auto Renew. Actually now my account doesn't even show the auto renew section!! (Even after clearing cache etc as outlined below, and tried on Safari & Firefox).

This is the reply I got:

Thank you for contacting NFL Digital Media Care. We apologize for any technical difficulties.

These types of site bugs are most often remedied by clearing browser history/cache, restarting the browser, signing in, and avoiding use of old links or bookmarks. (Learn how to delete your history here: Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, and Firefox).

Similarly, app problems are most often remedied by signing out, deleting the app, re-starting your device, re-downloading the app and signing back in. If the app came pre-loaded to your device, please attempt to uninstall and reinstall the updates. Clearing the app cache and data is another thing that sometime fixes issues on Android devices. If it is a location issue, make sure the location settings are turned on.

Please disable or remove any ad-blocking software, extensions or apps as they may cause the browser or app to function improperly.

If this bug is still buggy after the browser history is successfully cleared, please make sure that the device, operating system, app, and browser are fully updated and reply with details including your:

• username
    • device
    • operating system
    • crash details (when and where you are in the app when it crashes)

Feel free to include your connection, location, and/or service provider, and we'll get right on it.

Myles
    NFL Digital Care

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I thought I'd cancelled the auto-renew but I got the email today saying that mine will auto-renew for $130 on 5 August.

So at least I'm getting it at the cheaper price but it looks like I'll have to wait until then to subscribe as I get quoted the €180 when I go to subscribe manually.

Exact same. Was positive I'd cancelled the auto renew.

While that definitely is the best price, I'm not sure if I'll go ahead with it, as I have means to watch the games live. I'd literally be buying it to catch up on late night games and get the condensed version.

Not sure how worth it that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

In 2016 Pricing, I'm only seeing an option for SeasonPlus - is there no option for the regular season only? Want to make sure I can get around blackouts before adding the playoff option.

In 2016 Pricing, I'm only seeing an option for SeasonPlus - is there no option for the regular season only? Want to make sure I can get around blackouts before adding the playoff option.

Season plus is the only option this season. If you were a basic subscriber last year, you can get it at the basic season price you paid last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Brian017 wrote: »
    Untick auto renew, go to the homepage, change to Sterling and just subscribe. That's what I did and got charged 165 euro

That's what I plan to do also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Does anyone remember what the mid season prices were like? I'm away for the month of September so am only interested from October on, just wondering if people remember what deals they offered during the season last year?

I turned off auto renewal, now i cant turn it back on , is that how you were all getting a better price?

I'd say the reason you are getting the $199 price is because you had season plus last year? I just got the season only option as with the black out issue (even if easily solved) plus I had access to sky to watch the games anyway, I didnt bother with the season plus to include playoffs. So the offer for those of us on the season only last year is to get the season plus add on for free as they are no longer doing a season only option.

As I expected, the Gamepass support site is automated.

I posted earlier I was getting obscure answers to questions I asked so I sent a query off that said "just checking to see if robots are sending responses to questions. Auto renew."

Sure enough just got my response and the algorithm picked up on the keyword 'auto renew' and gave me the standard spiel thanking me for contacting them and that information about auto renewals will be sent by email.

I tweeted them a week or so ago, and still no reply. They haven't used the twitter account since the 18th March.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Raoul

Their support is an absolute joke.

The worst thing about Gamepass is the f*cking delay. Watching a drive then it pops up on twitter/fantasy/mates group that that team has just scored a 90 yard run and you left there seething waiting for it to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Raoul wrote: »
    Their support is an absolute joke.

The worst thing about Gamepass is the f*cking delay. Watching a drive then it pops up on twitter/fantasy/mates group that that team has just scored a 90 yard run and you left there seething waiting for it to happen.

Yes that is painful it's at least 45 secs behind.

Most streaming services are like that though to be fair. It's not like Gamepass is unique in that regard.

It is a pain though. All social media and Internet needs to be off at game times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Raoul

Most streaming services are like that though to be fair. It's not like Gamepass is unique in that regard.

It is a pain though. All social media and Internet needs to be off at game times.

Like what streaming services?

My mate has an illegal streaming service and he sees the action before me. And sometimes it can be great than 45seconds.

Raoul wrote: »
    Like what streaming services?

My mate has an illegal streaming service and he sees the action before me. And sometimes it can be great than 45seconds.

MLB.tv and both RTE and TV3's players during the Euros for example.

I'm sure the quality of the broadband service had an influence too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

That's not really much of an issue for me, it's a very small price to pay to be a few seconds behind what you would get off the tv. Just be a min or 2 behind on twitter or whatever.

Sky go is the same delay to be fair

adrian522 wrote: »
    That's not really much of an issue for me, it's a very small price to pay to be a few seconds behind what you would get off the tv. Just be a min or 2 behind on twitter or whatever.

I generally dont go onto whatsapp groups/facebook/twitter etc until a drive has ended anyway so I dont really get bothered about it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Anyone's gamepass not working ?

If it was last years, it expired July 31st

Start of a new year / season

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

If it was last years, it expired July 31st

Start of a new year / season
    Yeah I get that but it's always just kept going as I auto renew.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Anyone got a quick link to this season's prices? After a year off am considering getting it back

• Advertisement

Bateman wrote: »
    Anyone got a quick link to this season's prices? After a year off am considering getting it back
    SEASON PLUS
    Watch every NFL Game LIVE all season - including Playoffs and Super Bowl LI.Access through 31 July 2017.
    €179.99
    Or 4 payments @ €54.99/month

That's it, only 1 option anymore

Advertisement