Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

infacteh wrote: »
    That's it, only 1 option anymore

Yeah just got that. Season plus the only option.

Just got email saying complimentary upgrade as I was season only last year. 130 for season+

I think I signed up through vpn to Argentina and Brazilian real or something last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

will there be any promo codes for it this year do we think? im gonna get it and i just dont know whether to wait for a few weeks or just get it now

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I can't imagine Sky Sports were best pleased to see the GamePass offering live playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Any idea when the autorenews become active again? Wouldn't mind browsing the archives a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

hots wrote: »
    Any idea when the autorenews become active again? Wouldn't mind browsing the archives a bit

Email I got yesterday:

The NFL season is here! Watch the Hall of Fame Game live this weekend, and over 65 Preseason Games in the coming weeks. Don't forget, starting 8 September 2016 the regular season kicks off and you can enjoy live games, all season long, on all your devices.

Your NFL Game Pass subscription is set to renew, and while we will no longer be offering Game Pass Season Subscription, we are excited to be providing you a complimentary upgrade to 2016 Season Plus*! With the Season Plus package you will have all of the same features as before AND MORE... access to 250+ LIVE games including preseason, Playoffs and Super Bowl LI, NFL RedZone, 24/7 NFL Network, Archives, access on all of your devices, downloadable games, Coaches Film and condensed games.

You do not need to take any action at this time to take advantage of this upgrade. You will be billed on or around 5 August 2016 in BRL at your previous 2015 rate of 129.99 USD for the upcoming season, and your 2016 Season Plus access will begin immediately.

If you no longer wish to continue your access to NFL Game Pass, you can cancel your subscription by following these simple steps:

• Advertisement

Dymo wrote: »
    Email I got yesterday:

The NFL season is here! Watch the Hall of Fame Game live this weekend, and over 65 Preseason Games in the coming weeks. Don't forget, starting 8 September 2016 the regular season kicks off and you can enjoy live games, all season long, on all your devices.

Your NFL Game Pass subscription is set to renew, and while we will no longer be offering Game Pass Season Subscription, we are excited to be providing you a complimentary upgrade to 2016 Season Plus*! With the Season Plus package you will have all of the same features as before AND MORE... access to 250+ LIVE games including preseason, Playoffs and Super Bowl LI, NFL RedZone, 24/7 NFL Network, Archives, access on all of your devices, downloadable games, Coaches Film and condensed games.

You do not need to take any action at this time to take advantage of this upgrade. You will be billed on or around 5 August 2016 in BRL at your previous 2015 rate of 129.99 USD for the upcoming season, and your 2016 Season Plus access will begin immediately.

If you no longer wish to continue your access to NFL Game Pass, you can cancel your subscription by following these simple steps:

Perfect, actually got that mail too and didn't read it properly :o

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Turkish1

I can't imagine Sky Sports were best pleased to see the GamePass offering live playoffs.

Excuse my ignorance - I haven't read back that much of thread. Are the playoffs not subject to the blackout?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Not anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Turkish1

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Not anymore

Perfect, that makes my mind up. I will be signing up again

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ben98

Is this the only way to watch the preseason games? Sky sports not doing them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams

You can sign up to the free 7 day trial while you're waiting.....
    ben98 wrote: »
    Is this the only way to watch the preseason games? Sky sports not doing them?

No, Sky rarely, if ever, show pre season games

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Bit miffed it's an extra €40 over the year to pay in instalments over the once off cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Bit miffed it's an extra €40 over the year to pay in instalments over the once off cost.

Save twenty by paying in full and in sterling...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭Guffy

Is it possible to watch this on two devices at the same time? Was gona get it for the house but we have one bears fan and one packers fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Brian017

gufc21 wrote: »
    Is it possible to watch this on two devices at the same time? Was gona get it for the house but we have one bears fan and one packers fan.

It used to be but doesn't look like it is now. I tried logging in on a second device there just now and it signed the other device out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams

Worked for me last year, I'd cast a game to the tv, and leave redzone on the PC.

There's also a workaround if you're technical enough. Some particular file (don't ask me) can be copied and shared with other users etc. Some guy was online before (posssibly boards) offering to split a Gamepass subscription amongst a number of people.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

infacteh wrote: »
    Worked for me last year, I'd cast a game to the tv, and leave redzone on the PC.

There's also a workaround if you're technical enough. Some particular file (don't ask me) can be copied and shared with other users etc. Some guy was online before (posssibly boards) offering to split a Gamepass subscription amongst a number of people.

yeah I think it can work off 2 devices if you use chromecast alright. I used to do the same, cast a game and then use redzone on laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've definitely run it on two devices last season, iPad and PC I think.

I think you can share the url with someone to use on another device but i don't think the second device has full gamepass functionality

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I've definitely run it on two devices last season, iPad and PC I think.

2 Devices but from the 1 IP address, if someone else logged in they would knock you off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    I had the money taken from my account today but I still can't log on. Keeps telling me I have to subscribe.

I had the money taken from my account today but I still can't log on. Keeps telling me I have to subscribe.

Is it a location issue? Did you sign up when you were in brazil maybe and they are being finiky?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Well lads, just wondering if anyone can help, I'm a bit confused. I signed up before the draft for the free trial, and then forgot to cancel it after that. No big deal, I was planning on getting access to Bears games this year one way or the other. So in April it took 50 dollars from my account. Now I looked at my bank account today and it had taken another one hundred. I have since turned off the auto-renew because I can do without random chunks of cash being taken out of my account unannounced! But what I'm not exactly sure about is what that hundred quid has actually entitled me to. The website is fairly stingy with the details. What's really annoying me is that on my account page it has an "end date" for the subscription on 1 August. Yet I was charged 100 dollars on the 3rd? Me confused...

Just to clarify by the way I'm in the states.

So basically what I wanted to know was, in a nutshell, am I going to be able to watch games for that hundred dollars? Sounds kind of low for the year, but still too high for not getting the damn games. My intention was to buy a team package to watch Bears games, but before I go handing them anymore cash I'm curious what I'm actually getting for this hundred bucks I just gave them unbeknownst to myself.

Any help is appreciated, thanks lads.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    They don't have gamepass in the US. You might have some sort of replay thing that you have signed up to, I'm not sure but there is no facility to watch live games in the US.

But I did the same thing for the draft and forgot to cancel, just emailed them and got a refund, but that was pretty soon afterwards. You could always try the same thing.

Find out what you are paying for at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

adrian522 wrote: »
    They don't have gamepass in the US. You might have some sort of replay thing that you have signed up to, I'm not sure but there is no facility to watch live games in the US.

But I did the same thing for the draft and forgot to cancel, just emailed them and got a refund, but that was pretty soon afterwards. You could always try the same thing.

Find out what you are paying for at least.

So having done lots of googling in the last little while: No they have gamepass here but it doesn't include live games. Which is kind of the point of paying, I'd have thought. But anyway you are entitled to live preseason games, and can watch all games once they're over, including the shortened versions etc. You can also access all the other extras like Hard Knocks and what have you. So I guess it's not too bad, but not too great either. Being out of Bears broadcasting region means it's probably my best bet outside of going to a bar every single Sunday, or paying for DirectTV at 60 quid a month, which gives you live games on an app plus 100 channels worth of **** i dont need.

Is it a location issue? Did you sign up when you were in brazil maybe and they are being finiky?

Yeah, I was in Brazil when I signed up last year. I sent them off an email so I'll wait until they get back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Dymo wrote: »
    2 Devices but from the 1 IP address, if someone else logged in they would knock you off.

Are you sure about that? From googling it seems only one device can log in at a time regardless of if they are on the same IP or not. Would be handy to watch seahawks game on TV with redzone on tablet

I got billed today too (queried by AIB weirdly). Didn't have access earlier but in now. It's good to be back :)

I got billed today too (queried by AIB weirdly). Didn't have access earlier but in now. It's good to be back :)

Yep, I'm in now too!

And I was rang by my bank (PTSB) too saying it was suspicious transaction!

• Advertisement

coco1981 wrote: »
    Are you sure about that? From googling it seems only one device can log in at a time regardless of if they are on the same IP or not. Would be handy to watch seahawks game on TV with redzone on tablet

Nope not sure about it, I remember years ago when we were sharing an account, if another person logged in it would knock the other person off.

Advertisement