Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    I had the money taken from my account today but I still can't log on. Keeps telling me I have to subscribe.

Do you need to update the app prehaps?there was a new update in the last few days....

I'm back in, worked out at €119 for the full season! ( from the free upgrade from last year paying information Brazilian dollars!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭Guffy

Dymo wrote: »
    Nope not sure about it, I remember years ago when we were sharing an account, if another person logged in it would knock the other person off.

If you are watching a game, redzone, programme, etc on the laptop, afaik, you can send the url to another device and they can watch that (only) while you can flick through gamepass as normal.

If someone can test this out id appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

So having done lots of googling in the last little while: No they have gamepass here but it doesn't include live games. Which is kind of the point of paying, I'd have thought. But anyway you are entitled to live preseason games, and can watch all games once they're over, including the shortened versions etc. You can also access all the other extras like Hard Knocks and what have you. So I guess it's not too bad, but not too great either. Being out of Bears broadcasting region means it's probably my best bet outside of going to a bar every single Sunday, or paying for DirectTV at 60 quid a month, which gives you live games on an app plus 100 channels worth of **** i dont need.

Try running it through a VPN. From what I can see the US Gamepass and the International one are the same thing just minus the live games. When I was in the US last year I loaded up the app but it wouldn't give me the live games until I turned the VPN on and then it was just like watching it at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

I had the money taken from my account today but I still can't log on. Keeps telling me I have to subscribe.

Exact same thing for me. Signed up last year from Brazil (vpn) and got charged first installment yesterday (auto renew) but cannot access content.

Account shows "
    ???productname_GAME_PASS_AR_SEASON_PLUS_INSTALLMENT???
    " 2016 Subscriptions. Frustrating :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Mine took a day or so to kick in so id imagine yours will be the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭randomCluster

Hi. Can someone confirm if blackouts still apply for games shown on sky sports? I've looked at the game pass website (yes blackouts apply) and contacted them (blackouts don't apply). Slightly confused. Thanks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hi. Can someone confirm if blackouts still apply for games shown on sky sports? I've looked at the game pass website (yes blackouts apply) and contacted them (blackouts don't apply). Slightly confused. Thanks.

Blackouts still apply for the sky sports game for the regular season only this year. The playoffs won't be blackout games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

My sub should of renewed on the 5th, still didn't renew, anyone else like this?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

my gaempass has renewed but havent been charged for it yet! :eek:

I'm sure they'll take the payment soon, but at least it's up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Yep. Was expecting the upgrade at the price I paid last year and now my account is showing no subscriptions and the new price of €179.99 for this season.

Maybe its just a waiting game??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Just been reading over on NFLUK forums that Gamepass apparantly are now telling those that expected auto renewal at last years prices must now subscribe at the new full price and apply for a refund of the difference to what you paid last year.

What a mess. Not sure I want to bother now.

**updated...just got this from them (for the record..my card is fine and my bank said no attempt was made to take payment)

John (NFL Digital Care)

Aug 10, 8:46 AM PDT

Thank you for contacting NFL Digital Care regarding your NFL Game Pass Subscription.

Our system will no longer attempt to auto-renew Game Pass accounts for the 2016 season. For fans who were 'opted-in' but whose billing was not successful (this can happen for many different reasons), there is still a way to receive auto-renew pricing (if eligible): simply purchase the product at full price at the NFL Game Pass site, and then get back to us, preferably with a screenshot of the email you received stating the auto-renewal price. Once we verify that you were opted-in, we will honor the renewal price and grant a partial refund for the difference.

This ticket is already in queue to be serviced over the next couple of days; we're waiting to hear back. We appreciate your patience, as this is a busy time of year for the NFL Digital Care team.

John
    NFL Digital Care

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

No "follow my team" option this year? I'll not be renewing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Renewed again for this year. Couldnt go without gamepass!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

No "follow my team" option this year? I'll not be renewing so.

If thats what you had last year, game pass offered you the full season plus for the same price you paid last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

setanta74 wrote: »
    Yep. Was expecting the upgrade at the price I paid last year and now my account is showing no subscriptions and the new price of €179.99 for this season.

Maybe its just a waiting game??

Mine renewed last night at €121.45 until next July

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just a heads up if any of us are staying up. Red zone is back as there are six games tonight.

Also, hard knocks ep 1 is up on gamepass now for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

BKWDR wrote: »
    Also, hard knocks ep 1 is up on gamepass now for me

Great stuff will watch it over w/e. I ended up renewing via GBP so expect to save a few quid on Euro price. These cheaper auto renewals are for lads who had signed up via Brazilian Real last year right?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Ok so just confirming some details on it before i sign up

There is no blackouts for the playoffs this year

There is still blackouts on the regular season games on Sky - can i get around this as i know that sky tend to show a good few of the packers games and that the main reason for the purchase.

Thanks for any advise

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

There is still blackouts on the regular season games on Sky - can i get around this as i know that sky tend to show a good few of the packers games and that the main reason for the purchase.

Thanks for any advise

Get a VPN (I use UNblockUS) and watch on the laptop using it.

• Advertisement

even if i sign up through the uk or ireland - i can still use UNblockUS?

Thanks for any advise

Like above use a VPN to side step blackouts but I find the free HOLA vpn plug in for chrome works.
    All you do is connect Hola to your country of choice and load player and then once stream loads you can disconnect vpn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

even if i sign up through the uk or ireland - i can still use UNblockUS?

Yep. Far as I know anyway. It just spoofs the connection into thinking you're not in the UK/ Ireland.

I'm always wary of the Hola plugin I've heard dodgy reports of security. Mightn't be accurate though.

i use hola and i havent noticed anythign major with it....

but if i can sign up by the uk - and get the sterling rate and then use a vpn to watch the blackout games then im absolutely going for it now!

Lads thanks for the advise

Yep. Far as I know anyway. It just spoofs the connection into thinking you're not in the UK/ Ireland.

I'm always wary of the Hola plugin I've heard dodgy reports of security. Mightn't be accurate though.

Yah me too...but in fairness i paid for a HideMyAss accountwhich was 60/70 lids the first year , but for what , the same thing that hola does for a few seconds then disconnect. If there is some chinese whiz kid accessing my google photos of my exciting life, he's welcome to em!

Does what it says on the tin!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

I signed up in Brazilian Reals last year but later added on the playoff matches. My autorenewal came out as $199. I emailed pointing out that I was being penalised for getting an extra package. They weren't having any of it. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Looks like they're hotter on VPNs and Hola this year. Will be interesting to see if that carries on into the season. I couldn't sign up through one at all so just had to bite the bullet and pay the full price this year (in GBP #Brexit)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Yeah, i bought the bullet and paid for it. 200 USD, in 4 installments, (thats the price in my current location).

Sat up watching the vikings pre season game til all hours last nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Looks like they're hotter on VPNs and Hola this year. Will be interesting to see if that carries on into the season. I couldn't sign up through one at all so just had to bite the bullet and pay the full price this year (in GBP #Brexit)

Same here 139.99 in GBP for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

Never had Gamepass before so have a couple of questions.

I have Sky and watch as many of the 6pm and 9.30pm regular season games as I can, plus the playoffs/SB. I've very little interest in preseason games.

I was considering Gamepass but I'm generally happy to watch whatever is shown on Sky. Is it worth getting? Is Redzone the main benefit?

I was also considering a college football subscription, as opposed to using alternative methods of streaming the occasional college game, but again I'm not convinced it'd be worth it.

Advertisement