Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

I signed up to the free trail and tbh im in two minds to sign up for it or not....

Quality and everything is perfect - but the stopping for ads is actually headwrecking..... i cant imagine how frustrating it is if its a close game in the 4th quarter and timeout and then this nfl will return shortly and silence - god know that nfl has more ads on its website and if it played them it would be much better than absolutely nothing.... at all.... surely there is a better option that that blue screen....

Id rather ads than silence...

Its only the preseason where they won't show ads for whatever reason. During the regular season you'll have the pleasure of seeing the same ads the rest of the American audience see, over and over again whenever there is a break in play (although still preferable to the blue screen of silence).

However there is still a bit of blue screen for some of the ads at the end of each quarter (presumably local business ads).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Not all the regular seasons games have the ads showing. The games broadcast on the NFL Network do but they block out most of the regular TV ones.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Stupid question - how do I get gamepass on the Ps4? Can't seem to find it anywhere there

It's only available to download from the US store. I don't think you can watch live games on it (may be wrong on that).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Yup only in the US and no live games

• Advertisement

It's a decent app for watching next day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Hi. I didnt get Gamepass last year so I'm not entitled to any automatic renewals. I'm looking to go on holidays soon and I was wondering where the best place is to go to get the cheapest deal this year?

I don't think you can - I've not been able to access the site through any of my normal travel agents. They seem to be very hot on it this year.

They were giving away vouchers with 15% discounts on Gamepass in the Madden 17 PS4 and XBox One boxes so if you know anyone who might have bought that game then they might be able to help you out.

Nice one, think a friend just bought Madden this week. Time to rob his voucher!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭Guffy

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I don't think you can - I've not been able to access the site through any of my normal travel agents. They seem to be very hot on it this year.

They were giving away vouchers with 15% discounts on Gamepass in the Madden 17 PS4 and XBox One boxes so if you know anyone who might have bought that game then they might be able to help you out.

Is it for gamepass or nfl.com?

• Advertisement

Mine was Gamepass. I think it also had 20% off the NFL Europe shop

Do you know if that discount is available when downloading Madden through the PS store, or just when you buy the physical game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Hardcopy game only

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Hardcopy game only

Balls!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I'll be buying Madden tomorrow or Sunday and already have game pass if anyone wants my discount code.

I'll be buying Madden tomorrow or Sunday and already have game pass if anyone wants my discount code.

Ill take it if you dont mind!

Double C wrote:
    Ill take it if you dont mind!

Sure, I'll PM it to you when I get it.

Sure, I'll PM it to you when I get it.

Thanks JaMarcus, I appreciate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Let me know where you buy it and if it has the voucher or not. Planning on picking it up in Argos this week but want to try and make sure I get the code too.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Let me know where you buy it and if it has the voucher or not. Planning on picking it up in Argos this week but want to try and make sure I get the code too.

Got in Gamestop and it had the code. It was inside the box sealed, so I'd be surprised if all retailers didn't have it.

• Advertisement

I got mine in Argos and got the code

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Will Carolina @ Denver be available the next morning on the game pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Brian017

Will Carolina @ Denver be available the next morning on the game pass?

Yes. It'll be available live, it's just the two early Sunday games that are blacked out live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

If anyone needs access to the Gamepass, just send me a PM. I hope that's ok to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Thought there was no more black out games this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

No, as Brian017 says the Sky 6pm and 9pm kickoffs are blacked out. They are noted on the Gamepass app.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Turkish1

No more blacked out playoff games. Regular season blackout still applies I believe

On the blacked-out games, I know I've mentioned it a few times but I've had real problems signing in if a VPN is on so I wouldn't hold out hope of being able to bypass the blackouts on the Sky games any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭notGill

I was thinking about purchasing the Game Pass. Do the blackouts effect Redzone on Game Pass? As in they can't show highlights of the blackout games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    notGill wrote: »
    I was thinking about purchasing the Game Pass. Do the blackouts effect Redzone on Game Pass? As in they can't show highlights of the blackout games.

RedZone is not blacked out.

And it can be funny some week when there are only 2 late games and one is blacked out but shown almost in its entirety on RedZone as there's only one other game going on.

Advertisement