Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    I'd forgotten how annoying Steve Mariucci is on NFL Gameday Morning. Especially that Mini Mooch segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'd forgotten how annoying Steve Mariucci is on NFL Gameday Morning. Especially that Mini Mooch segment.

That mini mooch is pain in the hole alright. I like mariucci though. Why the hell did Marshall Faulk have a crown on his head earlier ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Excited for the start of the season. :D

Where gamepass comes into its own

So who wins the 'biggest headphones when arriving to the stadium' award so far?

BKWDR wrote: »
    Excited for the start of the season. :D

Excited myself although with my Redskins not playing until tomorrow, it's not the same as had they been playing at 6pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

What time does the 6pm kickoff coverage usually start on Gamepass? I'll be primarily watching Bears @ Texans.

What time does the 6pm kickoff coverage usually start on Gamepass?

Smack bang on 6pm usually if I remember correctly. Gameday runs right up to kick off.

Smack bang on 6pm usually if I remember correctly. Gameday runs right up to kick off.

6pm sharp redzone kicks off with scott hansen and runs until midnight or thereabouts on the 930 game ends

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

anyone having problems getting gamepass via unblock-us?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

anyone having problems getting gamepass via unblock-us?

Yeah it doesn't work any more. As I've said a few times it has been completely locked down every time I've tried all off-season

• Advertisement

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Yeah it doesn't work any more. As I've said a few times it has been completely locked down every time I've tried all off-season

Feck.

Good to know though. Are there any workarounds?

I've tried Unblock-US and Hola and neither have worked. Not tried anything else because it isn't a huge deal for me, more an inconvenience.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Anyone know how long it usually takes for games to be processed and available for watching commercial free or condensed?

49ers game tonight will likely finish about 6.30am our time, I'm guessing it won't be ready until mid-morning?

adrian522 wrote: »
    Anyone know how long it usually takes for games to be processed and available for watching commercial free or condensed?

49ers game tonight will likely finish about 6.30am our time, I'm guessing it won't be ready until mid-morning?

I usually get up between 6:15-6:30 and normally the game is there. And games normally end about 4:45 don't they? So it looks like it's about a 90 minute turnaround.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Thanks. Trying to come up with a strategy for tonight. 3:20 is a balls of a start time. Nearly time for work by the time it ends.

The game goes pretty much straight away but it's the whole broadcast, all 87 Peyton Manning adverts included. They then get to work on editing it and the eventual, ad-free version usually goes live about 7.30am. Tonight's late start will obviously be later than that.

I've never got up to watch a game and the Condensed version wasn't there so I'm guessing that that goes up surprisingly quickly after the game is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Beefy78 wrote: »
    The game goes pretty much straight away but it's the whole broadcast, all 87 Peyton Manning adverts included. They then get to work on editing it and the eventual, ad-free version usually goes live about 7.30am. Tonight's late start will obviously be later than that.

I've never got up to watch a game and the Condensed version wasn't there so I'm guessing that that goes up surprisingly quickly after the game is over.

You obviously don't get up too early!! :P

From past experience condescend 1.30am games go up between 6 and 7am.

I got up at 5.30am for the Broncos game on Thursday and the condensed game was there. Was that an earlier kick-off than most Thursday games?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

adrian522 wrote: »
    Thanks. Trying to come up with a strategy for tonight. 3:20 is a balls of a start time. Nearly time for work by the time it ends.

Is the Rams 49ers game the second game tonight ? So Chris Berman will be calling that game then. It's normally up fairly quickly as a full recording of the game as broadcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Are you not able to download games this year?
    I was able to do it last year for sure only difference this year is I am on an Android phone last year was using iPhone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭Brian017

Are you not able to download games this year?
    I was able to do it last year for sure only difference this year is I am on an Android phone last year was using iPhone.

The option to download games is still there in the iOS apps so it must be an iOS only thing

Yeah apparently it's a function of the ios app only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Brian017 wrote: »
    The option to download games is still there in the iOS apps so it must be an iOS only thing
    Well that is very annoying, used the download feature all the time last year! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Anyone know if red zone works on the Apple TV this year?

Sorry if already answered.

It should yeah but it didn't on Sunday. If you go into 'Live' on the app it gives you the option of the NFL Network live stream and Redzone and if you click Redzone it says it is only available on Matchdays from 1pm EST but it wouldn't load this week.

If you've an iPad or iPhone you can access Redzone on the app on those devices and then stream that to Apple TV via Airplay (which is what I did this week) but its a pain in a the arse considering the app should work.

Anyone use the gamepass app with an LG telly?

Aside from mirror cast I can't find a way to cast to the telly

Any help be great

• Registered Users Posts: 38,418 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    Anybody have a spare Madden code for gamepass? Pm me if you have please.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

eagle eye wrote: »
    Anybody have a spare Madden code for gamepass? Pm me if you have please.

PM'd you there.

I also have a 20% off code for the NFL Shop if anyone is interested.

Audio behind the video again on the condensed game. Only by half a second or so but enough to make it annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Just set up GamePass with ChromeCast for the first time. Can't believe I've waited this long. The quality is stunning.

Advertisement