Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

€155.99 is this year's price it seems.

Hmmmn interesting. I have vague memories of getting mail on renewal last year saying it will increase a lot for next season guess not!

I wonder will it be possible to get it cheaper through a different country. I remember vpning 1 year through Brazil and getting a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

cooker3 wrote: »
    Hmmmn interesting. I have vague memories of getting mail on renewal last year saying it will increase a lot for next season guess not!

I wonder will it be possible to get it cheaper through a different country. I remember vpning 1 year through Brazil and getting a good deal.

We're getting solely a European offering this year so there will be none of that. In the past people in Portugal and some other EU countries have had Gamepass cheaper but this year I suspect it will be one Euro price everywhere in the Eurozone and a second price for the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Beefy78 wrote: »
    We're getting solely a European offering this year so there will be none of that. In the past people in Portugal and some other EU countries have had Gamepass cheaper but this year I suspect it will be one Euro price everywhere in the Eurozone and a second price for the UK.

Aren't tax rates different in each country though? Our €160 price is based on our 23% rate whereas if the rate in Spain is only 20% (or whatever it is), won't their price be cheaper by a few quid?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Does anyone know if the all or nothing documentaries go up straight away on gamepass? Current one is being advertised as available on Amazon Prime.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the all or nothing documentaries go up straight away on gamepass? Current one is being advertised as available on Amazon Prime.

I imagine it'll go at the end of the season like it did this year. Amazon pay a fortune to make that series and I would think they'd want the exclusivity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I imagine it'll go at the end of the season like it did this year. Amazon pay a fortune to make that series and I would think they'd want the exclusivity.

That's fair enough.

I am not going to be in Europe at all during this season and be mainly in New Zealand.
    Surely it's the same product no matter where you are in the world aside from the blackout rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I am not going to be in Europe at all during this season and be mainly in New Zealand.
    Surely it's the same product no matter where you are in the world aside from the blackout rules.

It's probably the same product but the price can vary wildly. Probably to reflect demand and especially ability to pay. So you can get it much cheaper in somewhere with lower demand and generally a lower cost of living, like Brazil or Spain.

Just got an email saying the auto-renewal price is $135 (which is around €119) so a saving of about €40. it also mentions that this is cheaper than the Portugal price so they're onto us..!!

They do state that they've changed the terms and conditions which I haven't read yet and may or may not now include them owning your soul.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Just got an email saying the auto-renewal price is $135 (which is around €119) so a saving of about €40. it also mentions that this is cheaper than the Portugal price so they're onto us..!!

They do state that they've changed the terms and conditions which I haven't read yet and may or may not now include them owning your soul.

Is that for the season pro package? My email says it's 159.99 for the season pro (new name for season plus)

• Advertisement

Is that for the season pro package? My email says it's 159.99 for the season pro (new name for season plus)

Yeah, Season Pro. Here's the text:

Auto-Renew
    Additionally, we wanted to let you know that your NFL Season Pro pass (previously Season Plus) is set to auto-renew in 30 days at a lower price than the standard 2016 price in Portugal. If you continue your access into the new season you will be billed on or around August 1st 2017 at 134.99 USD, and your 2017 Season Pro pass will begin immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    I'm old school......
    Great news…we listened to our fans and have lowered the price for Season Plus users in Brazil! Your 2017 subscription will include all the same great features and MORE – 250+ live games in HD including preseason, regular season, Playoffs & Super Bowl LII, NFL RedZone, 24/7 NFL network, archives, downloadable games (on both iOS and Android devices), Coaches Film, condensed games, and all on a new and improved platform!

Your Season Plus Pass subscription is set to auto renew on or around 1 August 2017. That's when your NFL account will be billed in BRL at the new lower price of 574.99 BRL and your access to NFL action continues.

Which works out as €152 on Revolut. I think I prefer the dollar price Jack got!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Is the season plus pass still getting the playoffs and super bowl live, I can't see where it says yes or no to that, I also see playoff package and a super bowl package, which confused me slightly,

Game Pass Pro (season subscription) and Game Pass Essential (season subscription) – from the Contract Start Date until the day before the start of the following year’s NFL Preseason (approximately 31st July).
    (b) Game Pass Pro (weekly subscription) and Game Pass Essential (weekly subscription) – from the Contract Start Date until the day before the weekly anniversary of the Contract Start Date.
    (c) Playoff Package – from the Contract Start Date until the day after the relevant Super Bowl game. For the avoidance of doubt, access to the relevant digital content will only begin from the later of (i) the Contract Start Date and (ii) the day of the first NFL Playoff game.
    (d) Super Bowl Package - from the Contract Start Date until the day after the relevant Super Bowl game. For the avoidance of doubt, access to the relevant digital content will only begin from the later of (i) the Contract Start Date and (ii) the day 6 days prior to the relevant Super Bowl game.

Just so you all know the latest for Brazil...

Great news…we listened to our fans and have lowered the price for Season Plus users in Brazil! Your 2017 subscription will include all the same great features and MORE – 250+ live games in HD including preseason, regular season, Playoffs & Super Bowl LII, NFL RedZone, 24/7 NFL network, archives, downloadable games (on both iOS and Android devices), Coaches Film, condensed games, and all on a new and improved platform!

Your Season Plus Pass subscription is set to auto renew on or around 1 August 2017. That's when your NFL account will be billed in BRL at the new lower price of 574.99 BRL and your access to NFL action continues.

That's about 150 euro so much the same I guess. I bet someone on Reddit has figured out cheapest country to VPN through for this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just got the email from gamepass. 159 notes all in. That's cheaper than most years so depending on what we get it would be great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭Brian017

How come I'm the only one who hasn't got this email? :D

We’re excited to announce that we’re rolling out a new NFL Game Pass platform for the 2017 season. It’s exclusively for European fans and will be brought to you by a new service provider.

We have a new home at www.nflgamepass.com which is available now on PC, Mac, smartphone and tablet web browsers. We are continuing to update the NFL content archive, plus adding new features before the start of the 2017 season. Your new, dedicated NFL Game Pass mobile and connected TV apps will be available by August 1st. We’ve also listened to our 2016 season subscribers and will be adding new functionality to make NFL Game Pass better than ever in 2017.
    Auto-Renew
    Additionally, we wanted to let you know that your NFL Game Pass subscription is set to auto-renew in 30 days. We’re excited to announce that we will once again offer a lower price to all returning Season Pass subscribers from 2015 of 23% relative to the standard price in United Kingdom. If you wish to take advantage of this lower price you will be billed on or around August 1st 2017 at 105.99 GBP, and your 2017 Season Pro pass (previously Season Plus) will begin immediately.
    ----

Can't grumble at that price. Note the "exclusively for European fans" comment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Raoul

I have season pass plus but auto renew is set to off. I don't see anywhere to set it to on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

yeah i am not seeing an option to resubscribe at that price, and i havent got an email from gamepass

yeah i am not seeing an option to resubscribe at that price, and i havent got an email from gamepass

Here's what it looks like when I go into the 'Manage Your Account' section.Are you getting anything similar?

28wjy84.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I have the same but it says no subscriptions.

Have dropped them an email

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭Brian017

Here's what it looks like when I go into the 'Manage Your Account' section.Are you getting anything similar?

28wjy84.png
    My account doesn't look like that.Mine has no billing information and says auto renew is not active.
    It seems my billing info didn't transfer over to the new site and there's no way for me to add it

kb7mdz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    I have the same but it says no subscriptions.

I'm the same, but I got an email to subscribe at the Brazilian rate, which is no cheaper

Have dropped them an email

Good luck with that. I sent them an email last week with a logging in issue and haven't heard anything back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I turned off auto renew and can't seem to put it back on... Well I miss the low price?

BKWDR wrote: »
    I turned off auto renew and can't seem to put it back on... Well I miss the low price?

That I assume is my issue and why I don't have a lower price

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

They're trying to auto-renew mine at 239.99Eur :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Raoul

That I assume is my issue and why I don't have a lower price

Same issue here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Ok has anyone received an auto renew cheap price?

I'm kicking that I clicked off on auto renew but don't wanna be shafted.
    Like I'm gonna buy it regardless...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

BKWDR wrote: »
    Ok has anyone received an auto renew cheap price?

I'm kicking that I clicked off on auto renew but don't wanna be shafted.
    Like I'm gonna buy it regardless...

I contacted them. I turned it off. If I turn it on I will be charged 139 Sterling. They won't offer any discount.

Advertisement