Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Raoul

That's a load of sh*te. Hopefully there will be the usual discounts.

Seems a bit ridiculous that they won't turn it on. The only reason we can't turn it on is because they changed their software.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

Raoul wrote: »
    That's a load of sh*te. Hopefully there will be the usual discounts.

Seems a bit ridiculous that they won't turn it on. The only reason we can't turn it on is because they changed their software.

Yep. Sure is. Price usually drops in October doesn't it if we don't get a deal before then.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Megager wrote: »
    Yep. Sure is. Price usually drops in October doesn't it if we don't get a deal before then.

season is over for some teams then!

season is over for some teams then!

I'm a bears fan. My season is already over ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    My email said $135.
    Additionally, we wanted to let you know that your NFL Game Pass subscription is set to auto-renew in 30 days. You will be billed on or around August 1st 2017 at the standard rate of 134.99 USD, and your 2017 Season Pro pass (previously Season Plus) will begin immediately.

Had me curious and looked back at old emails.
    2014 was €80.74
    2015 was R$394.99 Brazilian - worked out at €104.56 at the time.
    2016 was R$424.99 Brazilian - worked out at €122.53 at the time. This included a "Free" upgrade to season plus. :/

I'm a bears fan. My season is already over ðŸ˜

Our seasons have been over since the day we got rid of Rex "Sexy Rexy, Unleash the Dragon, Fu€k it I'm going deep" Grossman :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

My email said $135.
    Additionally, we wanted to let you know that your NFL Game Pass subscription is set to auto-renew in 30 days. You will be billed on or around August 1st 2017 at the standard rate of 134.99 USD, and your 2017 Season Pro pass (previously Season Plus) will begin immediately.

2014 was €80.74
    2016 was R$424.99 Brazilian - worked out at €122.53 at the time. This included a "Free" upgrade to season plus. :/

Our seasons have been over since the day we got rid of Rex "Sexy Rexy, Unleash the Dragon, Fu€k it I'm going deep" Grossman :(

One of my favouite NFL memes right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Diarmuid1995

Anyone that purchased madden 17 worth having a look inside the cover. I got a 15% discount for next years gamepass inside mine.
    Interestingly my renewal for season plus is $200, VPNd through Greece last year I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

My email said $135.

2014 was €80.74

2013 New Zealand FREE
    2013 Argentina FREE :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭Brian017

For those who can't turn on auto renew, it seems like it's down from what CS told me
    Hi Brian,

thank you for you inquiry.

You can turn on the auto renewal, but please note that the functionality should work again soon. Please try again to re-activate your subscription next week.

Thanks.

NFL Game Pass Support Team

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

So what i said was other friends had gotten the auto-renew offer email, i haven't despite being a customer for 2 years

Hi Heli

We thank you for your inquiry.

We would like to inform you that no additional discounts are currently available.

We have been working hard to provide new amazing functionalities, such as offline view on android and an improved video quality.

We hope you'll decide to remain customer.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,

• Advertisement

So what i said was other friends had gotten the auto-renew offer email, i haven't despite being a customer for 2 years

Hi Heli

We thank you for your inquiry.

We would like to inform you that no additional discounts are currently available.

We have been working hard to provide new amazing functionalities, such as offline view on android and an improved video quality.

We hope you'll decide to remain customer.

Thank you,

I got the exact same email.

I'd say they will hold tough for now.

I got the exact same email.

I'd say they will hold tough for now.

I can hold off until the first sunday of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

I emailed them to ask what my auto renewal cost would be, got the following response (spelling mistakes and all). I thought it was £105.99 though, not €105.99. Time will tell I guess...

Hi Gerard,

thank you for your inquiry.

When your subscription expire, yu will pay the same amount of before: € 105.99.

You can manage your account and billing information from your account page which is found here:

https://www.nflgamepass.com/en/account

Thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

I got the US$135 renewal option too, which works out at about €118. New subscribers seem to be at €160 (or $180), so decent saving there.

I had also switched off auto renew and have just switched it back on again. Still in 2 minds as to whether renew or not. Have access to live games, but the replays/delayed starting and condensed games could make it worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

bruschi wrote: »
    I got the US$135 renewal option too, which works out at about €118. New subscribers seem to be at €160 (or $180), so decent saving there.

That's good value at €118, I'm getting the €160 option but I'm not a new subscriber,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I say it every year (and still end up renewing), but why on earth can't they show the games in real time and not with the 60 - 90 second delay we get. Can't have twitter open, can't have Redzone on the TV, can't have boards open even, because everyone watching via TV or a different stream is way ahead of you. Theyre selling this as a modern way for fans to access games and yet a fan can't watch it in a modern way

Load of balls for tracking fantasy also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I say it every year (and still end up renewing), but why on earth can't they show the games in real time and not with the 60 - 90 second delay we get. Can't have twitter open, can't have Redzone on the TV, can't have boards open even, because everyone watching via TV or a different stream is way ahead of you. Theyre selling this as a modern way for fans to access games and yet a fan can't watch it in a modern way

Load of balls for tracking fantasy also

It's the same with all streaming services though. Never as quick as live TV. I'm not a technology expert in any way so only guessing but I presume the feed just takes longer to transmit via the internet as opposed to TV signals.

I've the MLB package and it's the same and I have watched football matches on the RTÉ player and it's the same there too. So I don't think it's an NFL Gamepass issue.

I had also switched off auto renew and have just switched it back on again. Still in 2 minds as to whether renew or not. Have access to live games, but the replays/delayed starting and condensed games could make it worthwhile.

Where did you switch it back on? I can't find the option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

It's the same with all streaming services though. Never as quick as live TV. I'm not a technology expert in any way so only guessing but I presume the feed just takes longer to transmit via the internet as opposed to TV signals.

I've the MLB package and it's the same and I have watched football matches on the RTÉ player and it's the same there too. So I don't think it's an NFL Gamepass issue.

The likes of Cobain Inplay TV manage to give you many multiple times more streams on a similar platform, and the streams are ahead of TV. You often find illegal streams on the net that are up with TV, same with bookies stream of horse races on their sites. I've no idea why the likes of RTE and SKYGO delay so much, but it's very possible to provide it in real time.

Even if GP was only as slow as SKYGO, it would be fine. It's well over a minute delay, which is just a pisstake.

Raoul wrote: »
    Where did you switch it back on? I can't find the option.

using Chrome, the option was there on account settings to "Enable" the renewal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It's usually a few seconds behind SkyGo in my experience.

It's a completely different content provider and platform this year so we'll need to see how it holds up. I wouldn't use prior experience to set my expectations of what we'll get this year. It's all up in the air as it's completely different people doing it now.

using Chrome, the option was there on account settings to "Enable" the renewal

Not there for me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Gaago streaming has the same problem with a delay during matches, can be a bit annoying alright. On the other hand I find if I'm looking at my phone and all that stuff I'm not paying attention to what's happening on the field, so it can be a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Dymo wrote: »
    2013 New Zealand FREE
    2013 Argentina FREE :(

Was getting it free through a Netherlands ip for a while as well. Either 2013 or 2014.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I have auto-renewal enabled but I don't see where it says what it will cost me. Did you all get an e-mail or did you have to ask them?

I have auto-renewal enabled but I don't see where it says what it will cost me. Did you all get an e-mail or did you have to ask them?

Got the price in an email

I emailed them. Best price kill get is 139 sterling. No budge on that. No point really hitting auto renew. I reckon if people let account lapse then the offers might come in. I just wouldn't expect it to be until 2 or 3 games into season, which is fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

tripperman wrote: »
    That's good value at €118, I'm getting the €160 option but I'm not a new subscriber,

Yeah me too.. They are charging me the GBP rate, is that because I paid 'from england' last year? Genuinely can't recall where I paid from

BKWDR wrote: »
    Yeah me too.. They are charging me the GBP rate, is that because I paid 'from england' last year? Genuinely can't recall where I paid from

I sent them an email about the difference and they said i was getting the same as anyone that subscribed the previous season, i paid here last year as season had already started when I decided to do it and it was game day morning so just done it the easiest way rushing,

• Advertisement

I know I'm getting the rate at the €118 because the previous year I paid for the season only (and I think I paid through Brazil). So when the following season came up, I was given a once off US$ offer to pay the full year at the same rate as the season only (as there is no season only anymore) so hence was a cheaper option. Seems that the cheaper option has followed on for those who may have had the subscription this way.

Advertisement