Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Ok so chromecast works... But has a watermark?
    Also, quality isn't HD... grainy

Ok so chromecast worked on a downloaded game... Nfl network live isn't showing the chromecast button

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I can live without the game archive tbh but I hope they get the archive of other NFL shows and films back up. I'll miss those if they're gone.

Edit - looks like it's all there and maybe more. They just moved it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭Brian017

BKWDR wrote: »
    Ok so chromecast worked on a downloaded game... Nfl network live isn't showing the chromecast button

Are you using iOS? How do you download games on there?

Brian017 wrote: »

I am on android

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Brian017 wrote: »

The download option for iOS isn't available yet apparently.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Does the quality change automatically depending on broadband speed? I liked the option of being able to move it down to lower quality when down the country at Christmas so it would run smoother.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

FYI - in the last hour 'NFL GAMEPASS EUROP' has finally charged me. Ended up being €118.79. This is my 3rd year subscribing and I had it set to auto renew through my bank account!

gerryfed wrote: »
    FYI - in the last hour 'NFL GAMEPASS EUROP' has finally charged me. Ended up being €118.79. This is my 3rd year subscribing and I had it set to auto renew through my bank account!

If you log into the website what does it show as your 'Billed date'?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Beefy78 wrote: »
    If you log into the website what does it show as your 'Billed date'?

Hmmm still says 'Aug 1st, 2016' actually! But Access Until is 'Aug 1st, 2018'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Same here

Same here, that's why I was just checking. Cheers.

A rep from Gamepass posted this on the NFLUK forum:

"We have listened to many of your questions and we want to provide answers to them. We hope you all understand how difficult it is to answer to each person individually, but we do want you to know that we have heard what you've had to say.

A lot of questions kept coming up over and over again, we hope you can find the answer to your questions below.

1. Will there be downloadable content on IOS app?
    There will be downloadable content from the iOS app, and this will happen in the coming days.

2. Will Chromecast work on IOS app?
    We are working on Chromecast functionality and it will be available in a few days.

3. Is the new Game Pass Full HD?
    Game Pass is in Full HD, however NFL Game Pass will provide the optimal video quality depending on the current download bandwidth of your internet connection, up to a maximum of a Full HD experience.

4. Who is eligible for a discount?
    Please speak to our customer service

5. Why didn’t my auto-renew work?
    Auto Renew does not apply for people who pay using PayPal, or via Apple. The best way to ensure you are setup for Auto Renew each year is to pay via Credit or debit Card here. If you have experienced any specific issues with Auto Renewal this year please contact our customer services

6. Does Game Pass include all preseason, regular season and playoff games live?
    NFL Game Pass Season Pro has all live games including preseason, regular season, playoffs and Super Bowl. Some blackout restrictions apply in the UK & Republic of Ireland. Please see here for more information.

7. How do you switch on subtitles on?
    Sorry but there are no closed captions available on any platform at the moment.

8. When will customers who auto-renewed by card be charged?
    Customers who are auto-renewed will be charged on or around 2/08/2017.

9. When will archive content prior to 2016 be uploaded on Game Pass?
    Archive games will continue to be uploaded through to the start of the regular season.

10. Why are subscriptions that were supposed to end yesterday still active today?
    If your subscription has ended, you may find that you still have access during this auto-renewal period. Auto-renew subscribers have been given a 5 day period of grace where they will still be able to access all content.

11. Do I need iOS 10 to download the Game Pass Europe App from the App Store?
    User will need iOS 10 to download the Game Pass Europe App, for those who are not on iOS 10 then you can use our new mobile website.

12. Will more archived seasons be added in and will there be more archived series there (ie. Hard Knocks previous seasons)
    Content will continue to be uploaded throughout the season.

13. Will Apple TV Airplay work on the app?
    Yes. Apple TV Airplay works on the app.

If the questions you have has not been answered yet, please do let us know so that we can get back to you."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭Guffy

Is it possible to get around this?

Go on holidays outside of uk and ire

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Legally no. Sky have the rights for the UK & Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Has anybody received an email advising your payment failed?

I'm on auto-renew, had updated my card details (Revolut) two weeks ago and details were valid. I input my card details again this morning as requested

Gamepass have also emailed my old email address that was updated to a new email as same two weeks ago, is this an issue with them?

The payment is showing as pending with my bank now. €114.46 so the final amount will probably be around €116.50 after PTSB take their commission.

I'm happy enough with that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

The payment is showing as pending with my bank now. €114.46 so the final amount will probably be around €116.50 after PTSB take their commission.

I'm happy enough with that.

Yeah mine is showing up too at €116.54. Thankful to get it at that rate. seems to have been hugely hit or miss to get it at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Mine came in at €156.90 (also with PTSB and also auto-renew, though I wasn't aware of it)!?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

€20 cheaper than last season, I'm happy enough with that.
    Why they got rid of the archive of games though is beyond me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

€20 cheaper than last season, I'm happy enough with that.
    Why they got rid of the archive of games though is beyond me.

The archive games are being reintroduced throughout the season. Prob on a drip feed basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Mine was 159 as they said, not really fussed as I would have paid more since I find it a great service to watch so many different programmes,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    bruschi wrote: »
    Yeah mine is showing up too at €116.54. Thankful to get it at that rate. seems to have been hugely hit or miss to get it at that price.

how did you get it at that rate?

how did you get it at that rate?

Mine autorenwed at the rate I paid last year ($134.99) which comes out at around €116.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    so is it just one plan this year, coming in at €160?

so is it just one plan this year, coming in at €160?

That seems to be it yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Advertisement

It seems to be an automated system where it is charging people what they paid last year.

If you paid €160 or $135, that's what you're getting charged this year.

Advertisement