Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I only signed back up for week 17 and the playoffs for about €20 I think it was... I demand to only pay €20!! :mad: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

So I think if you subscribed for the past two years and paid via your bank account (not paypal), then you get a discounted rate of £105 this year!

That's my situation and I think if you flick back through the comments you'll see more about it. Seems very harsh on people switching from paypal to bank account though, but their customer service are brutal so it is what it is sadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's cheaper than other years and they seem to be adding things like airplay for iOS which I don't think that was there yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,348 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Sorry if this has been answered before, but will RedZone be available on Sky Mix this year? If not, how is it being sold through subscription TV for Irish customers would anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Close to 10.30am and neither a condensed version of the HoF game has been uploaded or even one without adverts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Beefy78 wrote: »
    Close to 10.30am and neither a condensed version of the HoF game has been uploaded or even one without adverts

They're not off to a good start are they

The UI is nice with some good extra features but it needs a 'skip forward' button if they're not going to remove advert breaks promptly

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭KayJay86

Anything yet Beefy?

Condensed game is now up. Broadcast version still has commercial breaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Condensed game is now up. Broadcast version still has commercial breaks.

If the condensed games for the night games aren't up by 7am, it's pointless for me.

I'll give them a pass for the first week but thryd better get their act together by week 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I paid via paypal last year so no auto-renew.

Now I can't see anywhere to pay or to add payment details to my existing subscription. Am I missing some section of website?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Raoul

dub_skav wrote: »
    I paid via paypal last year so no auto-renew.

Now I can't see anywhere to pay or to add payment details to my existing subscription. Am I missing some section of website?

Thanks

No, you can't do it.

You can use the old website to add your payment details and click auto renew there but it didn't update the new site for me :(. So we are out of luck it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭boccy23

The whole Gamepass thing looks like a cluster****.
    I would have been interested as the talked about improvements were approaching what MLBTV offers.
    Now I am running a mile.

boccy23 wrote: »
    The whole Gamepass thing looks like a cluster****.
    I would have been interested as the talked about improvements were approaching what MLBTV offers.
    Now I am running a mile.

For what reason? Aside from the not chopping out the ads and a lack of transparency on prices it's been a pleasant surprise. I was fearing a bit of a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

For what reason? Aside from the not chopping out the ads and a lack of transparency on prices it's been a pleasant surprise. I was fearing a bit of a disaster.

Yah it's still the only way to watch NFL. Let's be honest.

Can anyone figure out if the quad box feature is there or gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Yes, had gamepass before and will buy it this season regardless
    Can someone tell me a way to watch the blackout games live on field pass, I know I'd need to run a VPN program but which one.

Also do I need to create a new account one nfl.com or can I use my existing one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Raoul

de5p0i1er wrote: »
    Can someone tell me a way to watch the blackout games live on field pass, I know I'd need to run a VPN program but which one.

Also do I need to create a new account one nfl.com or can I use my existing one.

I don't know for sure but you should be able to use your normal NFL account. And I have heard good reports about NordVPN. Other people might have a cheaper one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭Brian017

de5p0i1er wrote: »

I prefer using smart DNS's rather than VPNs as I find them easier. I'm currently using a provider called Getflix which costs $5p/m but you can get a lifetime subscription (30 years) from here: https://deals.androidcommunity.com/sales/getflix-lifetime-subscription

I purchased one from there 2 years and it has worked perfect since. It also unblocks other geo-based services.

If you prefer to go down the VPN route, they have deals on various VPN providers on that site too. And like the Raoul said, NordVPN has got good reviews.

And yes, you can use your own account no need for a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

I had Gamepass last year, and they just took €160 from my account for this year too - obviously it was on auto-renew, though I don't remember opting for that when I signed up.

The thing is, I am not sure I want it this year. They did not alert me that they were about to take the money, and haven't even sent me a confirmation email or a receipt.

Do I have any recourse here? Not sure if anyone else has been in this situation. Basically I want my money back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Yeah, email them they will refund you, at least they had no problem doing that in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

That happened me last year, they refunded no bother

I'm sure they'll refund it but are you certain you didn't get an email about the renewal and the price? I got about three I think.

Is the quad box gone then?

Been trying to watch either of Good Morning Football or NFL Network this evening and Air Play to my Apple TV has just been dropping constantly. It's a pain in the arse.

Been trying to watch either of Good Morning Football or NFL Network this evening and Air Play to my Apple TV has just been dropping constantly. It's a pain in the arse.

I've checked the new chomecast feature on the live NFL network and the hall of fame game and Jesus it's all shiny and seemed to work very well.

It works fine for ten minutes or so then crashes. It worked fine watching the Hall of Fame game tbf. If it crashes like this during live matches I won't be impressed.

Not having a native Apple TV 3rd gen or PS4 app is proving a real pain.

It works fine for ten minutes or so then crashes. It worked fine watching the Hall of Fame game tbf. If it crashes like this during live matches I won't be impressed.

Not having a native Apple TV 3rd gen or PS4 app is proving a real pain.

Chromecast of airplay crashes ? I watched it for a good 20 minutes and it didn't drop quality that badly. If it did it was hardly noticeable to me.

Airplay. Chromecast could be an option if its more stable. I've an Android phone.

Chromecast quality was crystal clear on a 55" screen for me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

signed up earlier, got a 5 euro discount as my IP is UK so conversion shaves a bit off

Advertisement