Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Any sign of the ps4 app yet lads?

Their twitter page has repeatedly said 'during the season' so I reckon its weeks, if not months, away sadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Cannot chromecast last nights games .... bunch of plonkers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Patww79 wrote: »

Did your audio and picture go out of sync for the last 3rd or so of the short version? Done it to me on this weeks Hard Knocks too :mad: Only by a half a second or so but it's still annoying as hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Is anybody else being prompted to subscribe again? Already paid the renewal fee, and the payment shows up on both my bank statement and on my account at Game Pass. However, when I try to watch or download a game it says I need to subscribe. Been trying to raise the issue for two weeks now with no reply, very unhappy :mad:

• Advertisement

No that was the one I was trying to cast.

Worked before so it's not an iOS deficit

Arseholes!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭Guffy

Columbia wrote: »
    Is anybody else being prompted to subscribe again? Already paid the renewal fee, and the payment shows up on both my bank statement and on my account at Game Pass. However, when I try to watch or download a game it says I need to subscribe. Been trying to raise the issue for two weeks now with no reply, very unhappy :mad:

Was having this intermittently... log out and log back in.

Is it just cause its pre season or what, but will these nfl logos be a fixture of tje rugular season durimg breaks?

Working now, thanks for the input

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

gerryfed wrote: »
    Their twitter page has repeatedly said 'during the season' so I reckon its weeks, if not months, away sadly!

Very annoying tbh and probably something to do with the nfl Microsoft relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Guffy wrote: »
    Was having this intermittently... log out and log back in.

That worked on my laptop, thanks for that! Still no luck on iOS or Android, but the laptop is enough to keep me going until they hopefully fix it.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

Any codes come up yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

There's not even anywhere in the sign up process to enter a code so I wouldn't hold your breath

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

Beefy78 wrote: »
    There's not even anywhere in the sign up process to enter a code so I wouldn't hold your breath

Looks like there is to me. Maybe I'm wrong.

They must have now added that. Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just looking through the app it seems the 2017 HOF induction ceremony has been added.

Also the game archives going back to 2013 are now back on the app. That's a nice lunch time suprise on a manky wet Tuesday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

That was quicker than expected. The fast forward button on the app works fine - I tested it this morning on yet another terrible Giants offensive drive. Streaming via airplay is still really unreliable though I'm finding. This new PS4 app can't come soon enough,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭Guffy

The fast forward button on the app works fine

Works perfect on the laptop too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

cooker3 wrote: »
    Has anybody seen a currency/country that is noticeably cheaper or did they finally notice the strangely high amount of people paying in Brazilian riels?

Well I'll answer my own question.
    I happened to arrive in Sri Lanka today and when I tested how much it's worth here it's only $124.99. You have the option of choosing a bunch of currencies but the US dollar is noticeably a better exchange rate than all the others. At current rates on XE that's is €106 but when you choose to pay in Euro it's €119.

Important point about this is that this is for "worldwide" app. So for you guys back home you would have to VPN it and then perhaps VPN while using the app?

It seems to me that separating Europe from worldwide which if I followed everything correctly is what has happened has made it worse value and that's not even to mention the issues with new app etc.
    Anyway full season for just over €100 works for me.

• Advertisement

Indeed they are.

On further inspection of the games on the archive it seems that only the condensed versions are up there. That not really as advertised if I'm honest.

They said everything will be transferred over. The condensed games are smaller files so that's why they've probably transferred those first.

They said everything will be transferred over. The condensed games are smaller files so that's why they've probably transferred those first.

That's true I hadn't thought of that beefy. Also I looked at the 2015 week mnf involving the eagles vs Falcons and they have DEFINITELY improved the picture quality. I looks perfect HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

I happened to arrive in Sri Lanka today and when I tested how much it's worth here it's only $124.99. You have the option of choosing a bunch of currencies but the US dollar is noticeably a better exchange rate than all the others. At current rates on XE that's is €106 but when you choose to pay in Euro it's €119.

Important point about this is that this is for "worldwide" app. So for you guys back home you would have to VPN it and then perhaps VPN while using the app?

It seems to me that separating Europe from worldwide which if I followed everything correctly is what has happened has made it worse value and that's not even to mention the issues with new app etc.

How much is it in Australia/NZ do you know?

$175 Australian. There was no option for NZD. I note though that $125 US is about $159 on XE currently
    I have read of people from other forums paying 250 Australian so all a bit weird. I wonder do they charge more in countries where there is a big English speaking ex-pat community who are more likely to like the NFL?
    Aside from week 1 I will be in New Zealand for the rest of the season but think I will buy it here and should be all good.
    PhilipsR wrote: »

How much is it in Australia/NZ do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

$175 Australian. There was no option for NZD. I note though that $125 US is about $159 on XE currently
    I have read of people from other forums paying 250 Australian so all a bit weird. I wonder do they charge more in countries where there is a big English speaking ex-pat community who are more likely to like the NFL?
    Aside from week 1 I will be in New Zealand for the rest of the season but think I will buy it here and should be all good.

Just a by the by... Be aware that the app is called NFL Europe and I think they are fairly tuned in about what country you are paying from and what access that provides you... Just see on their Twitter feed talking to some about not accessing material by their location etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    https://twitter.com/NFLGamePassEU/status/900066289024106497

BKWDR wrote: »

Just a by the by... Be aware that the app is called NFL Europe and I think they are fairly tuned in about what country you are paying from and what access that provides you... Just see on their Twitter feed talking to some about not accessing material by their location etc.

Yeah but I am not actually in Europe and North will I be for this whole season so be grand for me at least.

• Advertisement

Advertisement