Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Has anyone else had an issue getting NFL Network on the web version of Gamepass? I can get it on the mobie version

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I love that Good Morning Football is available on demand almost as soon as the live showing is finished. I like popping it on when I get home from work (partly because I have a major crush on Kay Adams admittedly)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Have a look at the NFL Gamepass Europe twitter. Someone asked this question and they screeenshotted where to find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭Guffy

On mobile go to the nfl network tab or screen. Scroll down. Its not at all clear tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I'm no fan of the new UI but in fairness to Gamepass they are lashing out updates and fixes very quickly. Multiple devices is a nice stopgap for multiple window watching too, redzone on the phone and match on the TV is good enough for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

hots wrote: »
    I'm no fan of the new UI but in fairness to Gamepass they are lashing out updates and fixes very quickly. Multiple devices is a nice stopgap for multiple window watching too, redzone on the phone and match on the TV is good enough for a while.

Multiple devices is a big change, able to watch redone and your own team at the same time. This alone might make me sign up this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Also noticed that the quad box was back when there were a bunch of games on Saturday, phew! :D

It was in a kind of weird order with a larger screen to the left and three smaller ones to the right, though a click of a button switched which had the 'big' screen and which the commentary was on. On the short throw HD projector at 150" (10x5.9ft approx), it was f***ing marvellous! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Billy86 wrote: »
    Also noticed that the quad box was back when there were a bunch of games on Saturday, phew! :D

It was in a kind of weird order with a larger screen to the left and three smaller ones to the right, though a click of a button switched which had the 'big' screen and which the commentary was on. On the short throw HD projector at 150" (10x5.9ft approx), it was f***ing marvellous! :D

Not jealous of that projector setup, nope 😥😥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I love that Good Morning Football is available on demand almost as soon as the live showing is finished. I like popping it on when I get home from work (partly because I have a major crush on Kay Adams admittedly)

Well beefy you are but human after all. But yes I'm the same when it comes to ms Adams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    coco0981 wrote: »
    Multiple devices is a big change, able to watch redone and your own team at the same time. This alone might make me sign up this year

Can we do that now? That's great. I didn't realise they'd made that change. When was that announced?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

infacteh wrote: »
    Can we do that now? That's great. I didn't realise they'd made that change. When was that announced?

They announced it yesterday on Twitter as per the above post from infacteh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

multiple devices on the same IP is great for me tbh, as i can a lot of the time be moving between xbox, laptop, phone/tablet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Raoul

The whole archive of Americas game :O :O :O

Raoul wrote: »
    The whole archive of Americas game :O :O :O
    Really ? Ok some may have said the launch wasn't the best but they are definitely upping their game if that's true.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Really ? Ok some may have said the launch wasn't the best but they are definitely upping their game if that's true.

Supposedly. I would love if anyone with an active sub could confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Raoul wrote: »
    Supposedly. I would love if anyone with an active sub could confirm.

It goes all the way back to 1966 Packers.

Lads whats people's opinion of gamespass as we stand on August 25th ? I ask because if you look through another well known NFL message board, you'd swear it's been the greatest robbery since the the great train robbery. It wasn't perfect in the transition and yes I haven't been happy at times BUT since the pre season games have started they have upped their game and have added the content they said and I'm happy they will continue to add content and tweak the app and make improvements.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Lads whats people's opinion of gamespass as we stand on August 25th ? I ask because if you look through another well known NFL message board, you'd swear it's been the greatest robbery since the the great train robbery. It wasn't perfect in the transition and yes I haven't been happy at times BUT since the pre season games have started they have upped their game and have added the content they said and I'm happy they will continue to add content and tweak the app and make improvements.

people dont like change.
    people like to complain.

It's been fine for me. As long as the late games go on condensed early in the morning then I'll be happy. Content seems to be going on fine, anything that I have wanted to see has been on it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'd like to see how they cope with the demand at 6pm on week 1. That would be where my main concern would be about dropping €160 on it.

adrian522 wrote: »
    I'd like to see how they cope with the demand at 6pm on week 1. That would be where my main concern would be about dropping €160 on it.

So you've not got it yet Adrian ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Ive dropped €160 on it... Worth it if all goes well.

What I don't like is that the NFL are a bunch of money grabbing kernts hiding behind a wall of goons who don't know how to solve anything.

That's how it rolls I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Was lacking at first but it was looking good on Saturday, great to see the quad box back too. Was watching it through Kodi though and could not see live stats, not a big issue but curious if that's the case on browser or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Chromecasting from my iPhone 7 to my LG TV... watching Hard Knocks episode 3. About half way through the episode, the sound and picture are off by a half second. Same happened last week. Anyone else getting this? Drives me frickin nuts! Never had it happen last year >:(

adrian522 wrote: »
    I'm going to use the free trial in week 1 I think and then order after depending on how good I find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

gerryfed wrote: »
    Chromecasting from my iPhone 7 to my LG TV... watching Hard Knocks episode 3. About half way through the episode, the sound and picture are off by a half second. Same happened last week. Anyone else getting this? Drives me frickin nuts! Never had it happen last year >:(

I watched ep2 earlier and the same happened

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

So you've not got it yet Adrian ?

No, no interest in preseason so like Raoul I'll use the trial in week 1 and see how it is. I have sky so have redzone and the sky games anyway. I'll miss the 49ers games without game pass but that may not be a bad thing.

Found myself watching Redzone most weeks last year in any case.

Advertisement