Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The atlanta Falcons new hall looks well on gamepass.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Lads whats people's opinion of gamespass as we stand on August 25th ? I ask because if you look through another well known NFL message board, you'd swear it's been the greatest robbery since the the great train robbery. It wasn't perfect in the transition and yes I haven't been happy at times BUT since the pre season games have started they have upped their game and have added the content they said and I'm happy they will continue to add content and tweak the app and make improvements.

I have an account and the negative response is fair.

I hope they up their game for the regular season.

What I don't like is the attitude of the NFL to their subscribers.

No attempt to iron out faults, hide behind about five layers of 'levels'

Referees decisions are out of synch, for a service that charges so much it's not up to expectations.

'Service ' is the' feeling 'the customer gets from the service provider.

I think I don't have to say anymore.

Do I?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

What's the difference between the European app and the worldwide app?
    cooker3 wrote: »
    Important point about this is that this is for "worldwide" app. So for you guys back home you would have to VPN it and then perhaps VPN while using the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

The European app can only be accessed in Europe.

I have an account and the negative response is fair.

I hope they up their game for the regular season.

What I don't like is the attitude of the NFL to their subscribers.

No attempt to iron out faults, hide behind about five layers of 'levels'

Referees decisions are out of synch, for a service that charges so much it's not up to expectations.

'Service ' is the' feeling 'the customer gets from the service provider.

I think I don't have to say anymore.

Do I?

But the point being made is that they have made huge attempts to iron out the faults and provide a good service to the customer. They're not all the way there but it's a new company taking over a quality and mature product from a team who had run it well for a very long time. There were always going to be teething issues.

Today's GMF isn't online which is a pain as I wanted to watch it. I tweeted them at 10.30pm to ask about it and they replied even at this time of night within ten minutes.

• Advertisement

Beefy78 wrote: »
    But the point being made is that they have made huge attempts to iron out the faults and provide a good service to the customer. They're not all the way there but it's a new company taking over a quality and mature product from a team who had run it well for a very long time. There were always going to be teething issues.

Today's GMF isn't online which is a pain as I wanted to watch it. I tweeted them at 10.30pm to ask about it and they replied even at this time of night within ten minutes.

That's really my point, I'm a long time subscriber and they used thave the audio seperate for about 35 bucks , great value,worked well.

Then they bundled the audio into the full package to screw more money out of the customer but it worked well and I signed up.

Then..... The switch to this lot to probably save money and screw the customer even more, people are not complaining for no reason.

Sure they are trying but it's an expensive product I would't really thank them for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Raoul

So if I subscribe then go on holidays outside of Europe, I can't access it?:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I'm not great with knowledge on them, but could you use a VPN?

And on that note, anyone got any general advice or recommendations they can make about VPNs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Billy86 wrote: »
    I'm not great with knowledge on them, but could you use a VPN?

And on that note, anyone got any general advice or recommendations they can make about VPNs?
    Don't mention the war!

Ah bugger I've done it now! Sorry mods, feel free to delete if necessary - was completely unsure even of the legal status etc of using a VPN! :o

• Advertisement

I use a pretty well-known VPN and Gamepass didn't work with it last year (although did the year before that). A better, less well-known or more expensive one may work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Raoul wrote: »

So if I subscribe then go on holidays outside of Europe, I can't access it?:(

Yeah but as others have said above should work with a VPN.

I tried it yesterday after subscribing and seems all good. The matches have options for slowing down all the way to 1/8th speed up to 2 times the speed.
    I downloaded a condensed game in both "high quality" and "low quality" and both were good. I could barely notice a difference in the picture quality at all.
    Having downloadable games is such a game changer for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

I tried it yesterday after subscribing and seems all good. The matches have options for slowing down all the way to 1/8th speed up to 2 times the speed.
    I downloaded a condensed game in both "high quality" and "low quality" and both were good. I could barely notice a difference in the picture quality at all.

I'm away for all of October and would love to be able to watch the games while away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I'm away for all of October and would love to be able to watch the games while away.

Not sure if you are allowed mention VPN's but whatever I didn't care.
    I used TouchVPN in past with gamepass (when in Mexico as classed as part of US region) and did the job. Good thing is you can choose Netherlands so can avoid Sky related blackouts.

Well...I know that VPNs aren't meant to be mentioned if you are talking about circumnavigating fees or something but this is a genuine need for it to use a service that I will have paid for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Well...I know that VPNs aren't meant to be mentioned if you are talking about circumnavigating fees or something but this is a genuine need for it to use a service that I will have paid for.

Hate to be 'that guy' and this is coming from someone who regularly uses VPNs for all sorts of things, but we all know there are blackouts in place when we buy GamePass and we know the reasons given for them. It's not like they're sneaking them in after you buy it so by using VPNs we are in a roundabout way circumventing fees, even if those fees are fees are fees that would be going into Sky's pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

There's now an essentials package for €82.50 (including a 25% discount). It's probably less in £ or $ with a Revolut card. You get to watch one game live, one full game repeat and all the 40 minute condensed games. Redzone and NFL Network are included.

That's pretty good value if you're only interested in one live game a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Not bad. Was watching Rams @ Packers last night. Near the end of the first quarter it became Jets game and then I just went to sleep. Looking at twitter though it seems Gamepass didn't really work at all last night after that.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Not bad. Was watching Rams @ Packers last night. Near the end of the first quarter it became Jets game and then I just went to sleep. Looking at twitter though it seems Gamepass didn't really work at all last night after that.

Still haven't that game up in the condensed form.

• Advertisement

I was trying to watch the Jets game last night and it was scrambled in some way... Only game working for me was the falcons game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Jofspring wrote: »
    hots wrote: »
    I was trying to watch the Jets game last night and it was scrambled in some way... Only game working for me was the falcons game.

It was an absolute shambles! This is what 90% of the Jets Eagles game looked like last night and there's no 40 minute version today
    Screen_Shot_2017_09_01_at_00_07_06.png

phatkev wrote: »
    It was an absolute shambles! This is what 90% of the Jets Eagles game looked like last night and there's no 40 minute version today
    Screen_Shot_2017_09_01_at_00_07_06.png
    Yeah that's what I got... not good for final day test before the season.

In fairness Hackenberg looks best when heavily pixelated.

Didn't get to check any last night, but that's deeply worrying. I was absolutely fine with the scaled back start and rolling stuff out steadily during the preseason since I don't pay much attention in August, but we're right before the regular season kicks off in less than a week. If that becomes a large issue over the season this could get very messy, and if the NFL dig their heels in any kind of concessions for it I can see a whole lot of people moving back to VIPBox, etc next season.

Yeah that's really bad and worrying considering we're just over a week from the first Monday.

Shame because I had a positive experience watching the Giants game. Started watching last night an hour in and could watch from the start on my iPad and the ingame stats are really well implemented. I think these may have been on the desktop version previously?

But it's all for nothing if the stream craps out on live games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Redskins Bucs game was fine for me too (only watched 4th quarter though).

Condensed game was up by 7 this morning as well.

Still haven't sorted out the Rams Pack game

Not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I waited up to see how it would handle five games at once at midnight and to see the quality and like others have said the eagles vs jets game was an audio broadcast. I have to say it was very disappointing for the final pre season week. I did catch some of the 49ers game at 5am and that looked okay but I didn't even watch five minutes of the eagles game.

They'd want to get the finger out fairly sharpish before next Thursday as this isn't good enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Jets 40 still not up but it looks like most others are...

Advertisement