Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

hots wrote: »
    Jets 40 still not up but it looks like most others are...

None of the Packers Rams up.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

This post has been deleted.

No just the Sunday 6pm and 9:25 PM games are blacked out on gamepass although the way last night went who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭Guffy

Anyone know if next Thursdays game is blocked?? I'm assuming it's on Sky.

I think its just sunday games

• Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Guffy wrote: »
    I think its just sunday games

Usually it's the games on Sunday between 1800 UTC and 2100UTC on Sky

Everything else should be good.

Thursdays game should be good if those tools in the NFL don't screw up

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Gamepass "Essential"

https://www.nflgamepass.com/en/subscribe/plans

Only 1 live game per week but is the editors choice, basically looks ****e, for €109

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Is there any point in having Gamepass if you already have Sky Sports? Sky seem to have a good spread of games and I think they show highlights of a lot of games throughout the Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Brian017

Gamepass "Essential"

https://www.nflgamepass.com/en/subscribe/plans

Only 1 live game per week but is the editors choice, basically looks ****e, for €109

Wow, is Season Pro really gone up to €240? If it costs that much to renew next year they can count me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

mickeyk wrote: »
    Is there any point in having Gamepass if you already have Sky Sports? Sky seem to have a good spread of games and I think they show highlights of a lot of games throughout the Monday.

Depends on how much you want to watch.

I get all I need from Red Zone and that is free for Sky TV subscribers on Sky Sports Mix.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Depends, for me I'm a Titans fan and ignoring last season the Titans have only been on Sky for their Thursday night ****e game against the Jags from 2013-2016.

Last year there was 3 games including the Thursday night game. I would expect them to get a few more this year.

If you are a Pats fan for example you'll probably see them 6/7 times, NFC east again a few times.

Brian017 wrote: »
    Wow, is Season Pro really gone up to €240? If it costs that much to renew next year they can count me out.
    saying €159 for me

• Advertisement

Depends on how much you want to watch.

I get all I need from Red Zone and that is free for Sky TV subscribers on Sky Sports Mix.

Thanks I didn't realise that was free. I have sports anyway so will probably watch a good few live games. I had it last season too and was like a zombie at work some mondays after staying up for Sunday night games.

Depends, for me I'm a Titans fan and ignoring last season the Titans have only been on Sky for their Thursday night ****e game against the Jags from 2013-2016.

Last year there was 3 games including the Thursday night game. I would expect them to get a few more this year.

If you are a Pats fan for example you'll probably see them 6/7 times, NFC east again a few times.

Cheers. I'm not a fan of any particular team but I have been following the NFL for two years. Doesn't sound like Gamepass would be worth it for me.

Cheers. I'm not a fan of any particular team but I have been following the NFL for two years. Doesn't sound like Gamepass would be worth it for me.

I'd stick with redzone or Sky sports ( there a half price non contractual offer on at the moment so you could cancel at the end of the season)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Patww79 wrote: »
    I've no real interest in anyone else and just want to watch the Packers. I'll see more of them on Gamepass than on Sky, so it's worth it for me. Provided it works ok, that's probably going to be the main factor. Hasn't been a good start.

Yeah my interest is more general, although I am going to a giants game later in the year and will probably end up rooting for them afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Im going to give it a year and if I don't get the use of it this year I will go back to watching it on sky sports mix, that is if they keep it going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

If the Pats are anything like GB it can actually be an issue too - because of Brady and Rodgers both get ample time on display, but also have a lot of TNF/SNF/MNF type games. These all get covered live of course... at 1:30am. And because of that, we get less 6pm/9pm games covered.

Mind you GB (& NE) fans are and for a good decade have been amongst the very most spoiled in the whole league for coverage so it's not really a complaint and does make perfect sense, but we don't seem to get as many 6pm/9pm games covered as a glance at the TV listings might make it seem. It's part of the reason Gamepass made sense for me despite following them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Is redzone definitely going to be on mix again this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky

Yes. Neil Reynolds said it on Twitter

It's on the tv guide for next Sunday anyway I checked it. They will probably put it on one of the premium channels once enough people are interested. Didn't they have live games on Sky 1 at one stage?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

It's on the tv guide for next Sunday anyway I checked it. They will probably put it on one of the premium channels once enough people are interested. Didn't they have live games on Sky 1 at one stage?

Been watching since 2002 and not that I recall - there may have been the very odd game on it down the years, but don't think it was ever a relevant fixture. Regular providers have been Sky (which has gone to the absolute dogs since Nick left in my opinion), Channel 4 (not even sure if they still do it but I thought their coverage was really, really good) and BBC (hit and miss, some good stuff but also too eager to replicate the sheer mind numbing stupidity you see on most of the US channels).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Raoul

Ended up getting it for 128 euro. 15% off code plus went on holiday to the UK and paid in dollars. I was planning to just test it out this week but bit the bullet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Brian017

Turn off 'Allow the app to show game scores' in settings

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Raoul wrote: »
    Ended up getting it for 128 euro. 15% off code plus went on holiday to the UK and paid in dollars. I was planning to just test it out this week but bit the bullet.

Is there a code for the 15% off available to all?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Is there a code for the 15% off available to all?

There is if you buy a copy of Madden 18, otherwise no unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Just gone 7:00 and condensed game not up yet. Disappointing start to the season.

EDIT - There now at 7:20

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Watching through the iPad app onto a 3rd Gen Apple TV this morning was a massive pain in the hole. Kept dropping out, it's really difficult to skip forward a couple minutes during the ad breaks and really skipping forward at all completely spoils the result. I knew who had won last night by midway through the fourth quarter because the time left on the broadcast only left one result possible.

I ended up watching on most of the second half on my iPad screen whilst sat on the sofa with my big TV turned off. It just wasn't worth the hassle dealing with the Airplay issues I was having otherwise.

I'll be interested to see if they upload a new version of the game without ad breaks some point later today. It's a game changer from last year if they do not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Did anyone watch it live last night? Was there any problems or did it run smoothly? I watched this morning and it worked perfectly. Still a little worried about how its going to preform Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Watched first half of Pats vs KC last night live - no US ad breaks shown instead a static screen of a NFL ball, those 3 mins or so breaks completely bores you watching live. No issues with quality of the stream.

Was worse for watching the second half this morning, ads break/static screen not removed not like last season when you could get through the game in 2 hours. You have to try manually skip through the breaks but you often will skip to far and miss a play. It was also apparent towards the end the outcome of the game because of this.

I expected any issues like this would have been ironed out for the start of the season which is unacceptable and I'm certain I won't be the only one not renewing for next season this 'brand new improved' Gamepass serves up this muck

Advertisement