Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Ohmeha wrote: »

Was worse for watching the second half this morning, ads break/static screen not removed not like last season when you could get through the game in 2 hours. You have to try manually skip through the breaks but you often will skip to far and miss a play. It was also apparent towards the end the outcome of the game because of this.

Yeah I noticed that, surely it shouldn't be that big of a deal to edit out the breaks. They shouldn't have got rid of the button that lets you fast forward 10 seconds at a time either

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Watched first half of Pats vs KC last night live - no US ad breaks shown instead a static screen of a NFL ball, those 3 mins or so breaks completely bores you watching live. No issues with quality of the stream.

Was worse for watching the second half this morning, ads break/static screen not removed not like last season when you could get through the game in 2 hours. You have to try manually skip through the breaks but you often will skip to far and miss a play. It was also apparent towards the end the outcome of the game because of this.

I expected any issues like this would have been ironed out for the start of the season which is unacceptable and I'm certain I won't be the only one not renewing for next season this 'brand new improved' Gamepass serves up this muck

Yeah that's what I said in my post earlier. They said in pre-season that they would be cutting ads out but no sign so far. As you said, it's practically a spoiler.

What time did you watch? The old crew usually had the ad-less game up by 7.30ish shortly after they'd done the Condensed game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Beefy78 wrote: »
    What time did you watch? The old crew usually had the ad-less game up by 7.30ish shortly after they'd done the Condensed game.

It was 11 before I started watching it and the ads were still there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    It's a start, but you need the ads most for the TNF and SNF when there's no other football on!

https://twitter.com/NFLGamePassEU/status/906196960784338944

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Just gone 7:00 and condensed game not up yet. Disappointing start to the season.

EDIT - There now at 7:20

Ad breaks still not removed. And if condensed games not up by 7am then this product is just not worth it for me at the moment.

They'd need to commit to stripping out the ads by the following morning and getitng the condensed game up by 6 or 6.30.

7:30 is too late to be watching a game before work really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Raoul

At least they reply about the problems unlike the last crowd. That has to be worth something.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Raoul wrote: »
    At least they reply about the problems unlike the last crowd. That has to be worth something.

At least the last crowd managed to get the picture acceptable and cut ads out of the replays.

They've said they won't be cutting the ads out. What a joke. I'll be considering cancelling over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Yeah if you look at their tweets half of their replies are telling people how to apply for a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

The first question I don't know the answer to.

The second question is that yes ep5 is up on gamepass. You need to go to the NFL network part of the app and go to hard knocks and it's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

@nflgamepasseu are good at answering this stuff.

Worth a tweet .

Sorry can't expand on the reply already given.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

I signed up this evening using revolut, with madden code and paying in Dollars to bring the price down a bit.

Will see how it goes this weekend and if it there are problems with the picture quality I just won't top up my card when the free trial ends in 7 days.

I doubt there'll be any issues with picture quality tbf

The picture quality(the clearness of the picture is actually very good) my problem is the glitching(don't know a correct term) which is affecting the picture. It's very very annoying.

I just hope the eagles game is watchable.

Beefy78 wrote:
    I doubt there'll be any issues with picture quality tbf

Casting from laptop to TV earlier was pretty crap to be honest. Frame rate was poor/jumpy and sound out of sync.

Will see how Texans V Jags goes this evening. Hopefully my only complaint will be play quality! Tom Savage is real....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    I haven't been a Game Pass customer in a number of years, but from reading this thread it seems to have gotten worse over the years than better?

When I first had it, I recall being able to log in around 6:45am and watch the condensed game over breakfast. No ads, no hassle, done and dusted in around 20 minutes.

I was considering signing up again almost exclusively to be able to watch the condensed games on Friday, Monday and Tuesday mornings, but I'd need to have the game ready to go by 7am at the latest.

Is there any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Paully D wrote: »
    I haven't been a Game Pass customer in a number of years, but from reading this thread it seems to have gotten worse over the years than better?

When I first had it, I recall being able to log in around 6:45am and watch the condensed game over breakfast. No ads, no hassle, done and dusted in around 20 minutes.

I was considering signing up again almost exclusively to be able to watch the condensed games on Friday, Monday and Tuesday mornings, but I'd need to have the game ready to go by 7am at the latest.

Is there any chance?

The Pats/Chiefs game was up at about 7:10-7:15 Friday morning. Will be interested in seeing what time SNF appears at tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I've always found the Gamepass picture/framerate system to be pretty good, personally - I really like how if the signal dips it just goes down in picture quality all the way to something grainy and seamlessly improves again, rather than getting really choppy.

• Advertisement

After trial and error GP casts better from phone than from laptop. Full HD as opposed to twitchy insanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Interesting to see that you can now watch either the CBS or fox pregame shows.
    Nice new feature I suppose.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

All im getting on the any game is the Texans Jags game, anyone else seeing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Cardinals & Lions working on Xbox anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

All im getting on the any game is the Texans Jags game, anyone else seeing that?

I'm trying to watch Cardinals at Lions, but getting Falcons at Bears.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Got something similar.
    Trying to watch Lions Cardinals & I have the Bears Falcons game:mad:

EDIT: Fixed now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

quality seems to be poor tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The quality is perfect for Falcons @ Bears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

quality seems to be poor tonight

Was going great for me for the first 10 mins of play, has been consistent for framerate but quite grainy the last 5 - but my whole internet is acting the maggot so hard for me to tell.

EDIT: Back to full quality now, watching Raiders/Titans, Bears/Falcons, Eagles/Skins and Lions/Cardinals on split screen.

• Advertisement

It's good for Texans/Jags but Redzone went to pot for a while earlier.

Advertisement