Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yeah had a couple of dodgy minutes with Redzone but so far so good otherwise. Got Redzone on one screen and Eagles/Redskins on another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Anyone else try to watch red zone on Xbox app? Won't work for me but individual games playing fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Beefy78 wrote: »
    Got Redzone on one screen and Eagles/Redskins on another.

Are they in synch by the way? In other words does redzone give away what's happening in the main game you're watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

coco0981 wrote: »
    Anyone else try to watch red zone on Xbox app? Won't work for me but individual games playing fine

Yep, not working on Xbox but all the games do.

Quality perfect on the Apple TV too. And I've MLB.TV streaming on another device too so even with the two going, It's been grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

No blackout for me on GP for Browns/Packers :)

Watching Titans/Raiders via chromecast from my phone, stream quality decent, no adds shown early on but now got US ads to keep two 2/3 mins intervals lively :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Bears/Falcons is cutting a bit right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Bears/Falcons is cutting a bit right now.

Crazy tactics by the Falcons. Bears passing offense so barely shown anything and they just allowed them to get into their groove.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Seahawks Packers not blacked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

I can watch Seahawks Packers, but not the other two. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

• Advertisement

Are they in synch by the way? In other words does redzone give away what's happening in the main game you're watching?

No, Redzone was way ahead of the games. Maybe a minute. Redzone was perfectly in sync with the game on Sky (which I also had on on another screen!) :o

7:50 - still no SNF condensed game

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The early games were up at midnight our time according to their twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

8.10, no sign of it. Close to a deal breaker for me.

D9Male wrote: »
    8.10, no sign of it. Close to a deal breaker for me.

Just arrived now at 8:15. Not good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I can watch Seahawks Packers, but not the other two. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Noticed this and it was a bit weird... twice the other two games blacked out saying I did not have the credentials to view? Each time I jumped back to the front page, clicked back into the GB/SEA game and then clicked up on the other two on the split screen and they worked fine. Not the worst thing in the world, but they need to get these technical issues sorted - a good few people like just gave up on viewing those other two ones full stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Patww79 wrote: »
    I went on to bed and was going to watch the fourth quarter of Green Bay and Seattle on the phone (had watched the first 3 on Sky), but I kept getting that credentials thing on it. If I went back and then picked the game again it'd be ok for a while but never lasted long.

I see on twitter they are responding to a lot of people who had the same problem

A pain...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Also.. Does anyone else have a problem when they cast to a telly (LG) that after a few seconds it stutters then there appears to be a shadow down the bottom of the screen. I've restarted everything and checked it all and it only happens with Gamepass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Classic example of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Classic example of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

What exactly is it that changed? I've read a good bit of comments here but hadn't heard anything prior - is it a change in company they're outsourcing the work to or something? It's really odd if not something like that, because Gamepass was an absolutely brilliant template for pretty much any sport to look at - even polar opposite sports that I've little interest in like golf or tennis could benefit hugely from such a setup for major tournaments etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Very late getting the "Game in 40" up this morning.

But I also noticed on the XBOX app, even after it had gone up on the PC, you couldn't get it on the XBOX, in fact if you clicked into it your only option was "Live Game" and then a message "This game has ended".

So even at 8:30am they didn't have the full game replay up on xbox.

I'm probably cancelling this after the free trial to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Redzone didn't seem to work at all on the Xbox app last night. Just an infinite loading screen. Otherwise, it worked fine for the individual games.

Another annoying thing. The current NFL App for Android TV no longer works, but it is still the only one available to download in Google Play. The new Gamepass Europe app isn't supported on Android TV and they haven't confirmed that it ever will be.

Billy86 wrote: »
    What exactly is it that changed? I've read a good bit of comments here but hadn't heard anything prior - is it a change in company they're outsourcing the work to or something? It's really odd if not something like that, because Gamepass was an absolutely brilliant template for pretty much any sport to look at - even polar opposite sports that I've little interest in like golf or tennis could benefit hugely from such a setup for major tournaments etc.

Yes, it's a different company which means completely different platform being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Billy86 wrote: »

All about cutting $$$$

Games went up in ok time this morning I thought. Whoever edited the Chargers game was ruthless at 27 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Raoul

All about cutting $$$$

Games went up in ok time this morning I thought. Whoever edited the Chargers game was ruthless at 27 mins.

Was it 21 or 27?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Redzone didn't seem to work at all on the Xbox app last night. Just an infinite loading screen. Otherwise, it worked fine for the individual games.
    Had the very same problem, just an endless loading screen.

First year using the xbox One to access gamepass myself.
    The menu system is painfully slow compared to something like netflix and having to go through about 5/6 sub-menus to final get to a live game is poor UI.

That said, once you were watching a live game it played flawlessly in HD all night, and I tried a number a games going back and forth between a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    Update from Twitter

https://twitter.com/NFLGamePassEU/status/908368480294010882

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Not really good enough on points 1 and 4, the reason people want condensed games is they cant stay up for the late game and want it ready to watch before work. Removing the ads was perfectly possible last season so don't see why it shouldnt be now.

Bit of a cop out to say they are investigating things when they are charging the prices they are.

• Advertisement

At least it's some kind of explanation re the ad breaks. Their new in-game stats are very fancy and I can understand how they would get screwed up by them chopping chunks out of the feed.

But until they can do both it's removing the ads which they should choose.

I don't understand at all why having live ads in live games is a deal for anyone. Who gives a ****? In fact I'd love not to see any more horrible Peyton Manning insurance adverts.

They've had a shocker this morning. Tweeted at 6.10 to say the replay and game in 40 were ready to be viewed and downloaded but turns out they're not working on iOS or Android.

Advertisement