Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭Guffy

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Yes one of their new improvements this year that they're shouting about is that you can connect up to five devices so long as they're all sharing the same IP address.

Is that not at the expense of multi box though?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

phatkev wrote: »
    The Raiders/Jets game dropped for about minutes, just a red screen! When the game has been one its been good quality

Yeah lost about 5/10 minutes I think? And no highlights came up on redzone so I guess it may have been issues at the stadium?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Guffy wrote: »
    Is that not at the expense of multi box though?

No, multibox on PC is still a thing I think. It wasn't originally but they brought it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

No, multibox on PC is still a thing I think. It wasn't originally but they brought it back.

Yeah, still there - I was watching four games at once yesterday and last week. You can get one full screen with a smaller one in the corner for another game, or a large one on the left of the screen with three smaller ones on the right hand side.

5.41 and I'm up to watch the Giants game before work and the condensed game is already up. Fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    5.41 and I'm up to watch the Giants game before work and the condensed game is already up. Fair play.

I've been the number one critic of Gamepass not getting the condensed games up promptly so now that they are doing it I really should just shut up and stop finding fault but the edits on these seem a bit rough. I would like a few more replays on important plays like penalties and big sacks etc. and not just scoring plays.

Some people will never be happy eh..!!!

I could be very wrong but I think they skipped some action last night. After the NYG kicked a restart out of bounds, I think the next play they showed was the Lions on the Giants 45 and not on their own 40 where the drive would have started. As I said I could be wrong though.

No that was where the game re-started from. No one seemed to understand why, not McAdoo on the sideline and not the announcers. There was a 15 yard penalty due to Engram's taunting celebration and it was never cleared up how that worked out to starting on the 45.

I agree with you that the editing is too severe. I've only seen one 'game in 40' above 30 minutes so far, most are coming in at 27 to 29. The Jets game on Sunday was edited to 23 minutes. They should see 40 minutes as the target and cut to that. Let some key plays breathe. The Antonio Gates record-breaking TD on Sunday being a good example. I don't think they even showed a replay of that just BANG onto the next play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    We'd better be careful if we start complaining though. They might go back to 10am deliveries if we do.

Hopefully it's a learning curve and they do, as you say, let the plays breathe a bit as the season progresses (without delaying them of course!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Raoul

I think gamepass is going to be excellent in a few weeks. I know we all paid for the full season but they are improving things rather quickly.

Now just get an android TV app where there are no green lines on the screen during the video and I would be delighted.

The big thing to me is the ads not being chopped out of replays. I've said it before and the Gamepass team are no longer even acknowledging my tweets on the subject but forcing us to fast forward is little more than a spoiler. Both SNF and MNF games were 90% certain to be going one way any way once you got to the fourth quarter but with the amount of time on the feed being thrusted into our face every time the broadcast went to commercials you knew that it was impossible for the team behind to make a comeback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yeah the editing on the condensed games seems to have gone the opposite to the over 40 mins we were getting last season until they set at about 35 minutes per game.

Although it seems that the broncos and cowboys game that had that big weather delay has all the ads edited out along with the holding screen they had up during the delay. Let's hope they see how it works and start doing it like that for all games going forward.

I'm happy that the picture quality issue is sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I tried the free trial of GamePass Essentials, and I decided to upgrade to the Pro version. Except I can't. Any time I do, they tell me I have an active subscription. My auto-renew failed (changed credit card) and after three failures they told me my sub was cancelled, and if I wanted a new one I could go and repurchase. Except I can't, because I have an active subscription.

I've opened two tickets (3/4 days) ago with them, and not a peep out of them since.

Anyone have any idea how to actually get a response from them?

I'm at the stage of creating a new account with a different email address. It's a bit of a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Game was up by 7.05 this morning when I checked. The 'Game In 40' was 36 minutes - part of that might have been gameflow but there seemed like more replays on key plays, more explanation for flags & challenges and less frenetic editing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Yes, I just watched it. Much better to have a few replays. Last year's condensed games were too long, but TNF this week was just right.

Helluva ball game, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Does anyone get issues when chromecasting live footage? Mine flickers every 7/8 seconds roughly, drives me nuts! Hasn't been an issue as I've just been using gamepass for the 'game in 40' versions the day after. And on gameday, I'll just watch redzone on sky sports mix. But now I'm trying to cast live for NFL Network, and then the Ravens game...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

NE v Houston is dropping frames and skipping like f*ck on Xbox.
    Another week another problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

I keep getting "Video Playback filed, the format might not be supported" any game I try to cast to chromecast or an android TV. Can't watch anything on it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

It's affecting everyone on the entire service

I think it's now time a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Game Pass not working at all here.

I can watch it just not on chromecast. The game never dropped on me thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Eagles/Giants went off, came back on and went off again.

Flicking through different games some are on and some receiving the 'playback' message

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

I've had no problems today with the Jets/Fins game, but the amount of problems being reported here and twitter is ridiculous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

It seems to be working now but this is unacceptable. We pay a lot of money for this and the service doesn't reflect that.

Advertisement