Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Aside from all the cost-cutting crap with failing to edit out adds from broadcast replays, this is clear evidence this new operation is being run on a shoestring if there is a mass service failure at peak gameday on a Sunday afternoon

If no refunds are forthcoming I won't be renewing for 2018 anyway, not like there's no 'alternative' cost-free viewing options out there

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Gone again. For **** sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Gone again. For **** sake.
    What game ? The eagles vs Giants game is still working and in lovely crystal clear picture. It only went for about five minutes and most of that was watching on chromecast. My iPad kept playing the stream. Now it shouldn't be cutting out but I've been watching since 2pm today and five minutes over five hours is good I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

We may be just lucky. I haven't checked other games.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    What game ? The eagles vs Giants game is still working and in lovely crystal clear picture. It only went for about five minutes and most of that was watching on chromecast. My iPad kept playing the stream. Now it shouldn't be cutting out but I've been watching since 2pm today and five minutes over five hours is good I think.
    Eagles/Giants waaayy more than 5 mins, closer to half hour in total, cut-off to 'playback' message on at least three occasions while I was in gamepass, watching it via chromecast too

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Eagles/Giants waaayy more than 5 mins, closer to half hour in total, cut-off to 'playback' message on at least three occasions while I was in gamepass, watching it via chromecast too
    You're saying I'm lying then ? I know how to ****ing tell time and length of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

I am managing to watch the Vikings Buccs via my laptop and a HDMI cable.

On my phone and tablet (Android), I'm being told I need to subscribe and pay an annual description despite already having a subscription. Chromecast is not an option.

Between this and not removing the ads on the full-length replays, it's an extremely disappointing service when you're paying so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

NE v Houston is dropping frames and skipping like f*ck on Xbox.
    Another week another problem.
    My problem fixed itself by 2nd quarter. Shouldn't be having problems in the first place :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Trying to catch the second half of the Bears game, it's either coming up with "this video is temp not available" or just getting the loading/buffering circles with nothing happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Just tried to put a complaint in on the NFL Game Pass web form. Even that hangs!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

This is my view for the evening on every stream I've clicked on so far.

21ctpqq.png
    Was nervy about a new service provider, so held off this year (plus first two Pats games were on Sky).
    The "free" alternative worked without a single issue today, so happy I avoided the premium option.
    Multi billion dollar operation, and viewers not getting what they paid for. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭Guffy

What time does the coberage of the night game start? Nothing as of yet. Just highlights of the days games

Never mind. Had to sign out and back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Raoul

Pisses me off that I did so well to avoid scores of the evening games until lunch time. Then I watch the Chargers game and the scores of the other games are on a ticker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Worked perfectly for me with it mostly on in the background for a solid 12 hours... with the exception being two times where it went on mute and I had to refresh the page to get the audio back (both times in 6pm games where I had four screens going). Not really anything to worry about as far as I'm concerned though looking at some other posts it seems I got lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Raoul wrote: »
    Pisses me off that I did so well to avoid scores of the evening games until lunch time. Then I watch the Chargers game and the scores of the other games are on a ticker.

I actually put a thin strip of paper or a ruler over the bottom of my screen to cover the ticker.

Still no condensed version of the Cowboys game at 8.16am.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yeah that's a pain but not really Gamepass's fault.

• Advertisement

It's still not up at half nine, which is fairly bad.

D9Male wrote: »
    I actually put a thin strip of paper or a ruler over the bottom of my screen to cover the ticker.

:D:D

I was thinking about doing that but worried about what someone might think if they saw me in my office with that on the PC.

Bit of a joke about the condensed game this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    D9Male wrote: »
    It's still not up at half nine, which is fairly bad.

And no sign of it at 11:20 still.

‘Operational issue’ according to their Twitter post 3 hours ago. Silence since.

That's why I bought a soundbar.

And no sign of it at 11:20 still.

‘Operational issue’ according to their Twitter post 3 hours ago. Silence since.

Still not up FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm really patient and usually have some empathy with firms trying their best but there comes a point where it's just not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'm really patient and usually have some empathy with firms trying their best but here comes a point where it's just not good enough.

I’d like to say the same... but I’m a pr*ck at the best of times :):)

Only thing not making me lose my mind are:

- Was extremely cheap for renewal in theory
    - Redzone is on Sky Mix for free so I’ve been using that
    - I’m never in a major rush to watch the ‘Game in 40’ versions like most viewers
    - I would kill for something like this for the premier league so just grateful to have it

But still... get your sh*t together gamepass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'm really patient and usually have some empathy with firms trying their best but here comes a point where it's just not good enough.

I would agree here, I've been lucky it seems since I've only had the tiniest non-issue once or twice each week (e.g. on Sunday all games I had on went mute on two-three occasions, but a quick refresh of the page and all was grand, and that was over a solid 12ish hours of it on non stop in the background). I also don't watch the 40 minute highlight clips until usually the evening after the game, or a few days after. However the way this is going I'm bound to get stung sooner or later on something, and even if I make it through the season with no problems I doubt I'll be renewing because of the chances of it happening (or even getting worse!) next year.

I think the NFL will be learning a very costly lesson next July.

I've started a claim because I used Paypal to pay for it. Interestingly, it wouldn't let me make a regular claim on the regular Paypal page. It kept giving a generic "Something went wrong" page when I submitted. Maybe NFL Game Pass has taken over Paypal.

I've now written an email directly to Paypal to start a claim manually. I'll let you know how it goes.

• Advertisement

Advertisement