Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭franglan

Yep got the same. Thanks for understanding that I am a "major NFL fan" though gamepass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    What time did the GI40 eventually appear at yesterday does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Around 2pm...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm just using gamepass and at least on the eagles and giants game and the TNF the ads have been taken out. I got that email as well and my theory is they got a kick up the hole from the top brass over the service and seem to have started to take ads out of broadcast games.

I'm someone who will very rarely complain about stuff like this so I try to see the positives and good points, and to be fair the stream quality which was iffy week 1 is now for me at least very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

I had no problems with the games on the weekend just gone. Only issue was MNF Game n 40 going up late.

• Advertisement

I'm a bit early but no condensed game as of 6:14am and the broadcast version is nearly five hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

And the broadcast version has gone from 4 hour 55 minutes to 4 hours 3 minutes. So that's a plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

App is crashing every time I try to open the downloads section. Had last nights game in 40 downloaded now the bloody thing won't let me watch it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Made the mistake of trying to watch condensed game on Xbox app this morning, it wasn't on it but the score was!! Its not like the android app where you don't see the score when you go in to watch the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It was pointed out to me (and Gamepass) last weekend that even with the scores turned off the result of every match in the archive is spoiled on the app. I won't say how because once you've seen it you can't unsee it and it will ruin every game now until they fix it.

Suffice to say it hasn't been fixed and without watching I know who wins the game from last night because the app has already spoiled the result.

Edit - fair play they replied within three minutes on Twitter to apologise and state that they'd know the issue and it will be fixed in the next update. Just hope that's before Sunday as I won't be able to watch the Giants game live.

The broadcast version went from 4hrs 3 mins to 2 hrs 15 mins at some point between 7am and now. Lads I think we've got the ads issue sorted and if the server problem from last weekend is fixed then we may have something here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

I don't know but I'd imagine some of that was the weather delay being cut?

I don't know but I'd imagine some of that was the weather delay being cut?
    Well yeah the cut is more noticeable because it went to nearly five hours with the delay. But the fact they are cutting ads out since last weekend is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

The app has been perfect for me with no issues. There is only 1 thing I really want now, downloadable redzone!
    Anyone have suggestions for ways, on an android phone, I can "record it" as in I can stream redzone as normal and the video and audio is captured in a file I can view later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

(or alternatively if anyone knows a place to download it please PM me)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Question for you using the new Game Pass. Thinking of signing up as the IPTV crowd I use for most of my sport watching is a bit of a mess at present, but I see there are two different options for signing up this year (with a €50 price difference). I mostly want to be able to watch the condensed games and either be able to rewind RedZone live (say I start watching at 9pm on Sunday I'd like to be able to jump back to about 8pm's action first), and then also watch redzone the next day after work (i.e., not live).
    Does the cheaper one give me those options? I'd rarely be one for going back and watching full broadcast versions of games, coaches film or watching previous years stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Patriots game is freezing 15 minutes in roughly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Been getting 'game unavailable a few times'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

hots wrote: »

For the Jets game? That one has been grand for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Works on the phone fine, get a format might not be supported error as soon as I cast it

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

hots wrote: »
    Yeah, same here. Can't seem to get any game up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Complete BS again this week

But they'll send us all another apologetic email and promise it won't happen again so that's ok :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

I lost ability to cast from android phone to TV at 2 min warning of texans/titans.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

CardinalJ wrote: »
    I lost ability to cast from android phone to TV at 2 min warning of texans/titans.
    lucky you..

Had a bit of buffering on Red zone but not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

phatkev wrote: »
    For the Jets game? That one has been grand for me

Yeah it calmed down after I posted, great game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Spoilers still up on the iOS app. Android app is spoiler free so I could catch up with matches on my phone but not my iPad.

Advertisement