Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Spoilers still up on the iOS app. Android app is spoiler free so I could catch up with matches on my phone but not my iPad.

You mean scores show up on the games ? I've scored turned off and I don't see any scores. All it says with scores turned off is completed. Bar the Eagles game from last night I know none of the other games scores through the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I won't go into it mate because it will then ruin the app for you. Trust me the app is now useless for watching match replays to me because it does show you who won even with the scores off and once you see it you can't unsee it.

They've acknowledged it's an issue and promised to fix it in the next update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭franglan

Sitting down to watch the Jets game here - it starts at HT on gamepass with the score there when the vid loads....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

I had issues again with it on Sunday. I have other means to watch games, but that really isnt the point. I was ok enough with them and the early season teething problems, but not anymore. At this stage, they need to be refunding people or not charging them for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

New updates today which do include fixing the issue that brother beefy highlighted about spoiling the games.

• Advertisement

Thank Christ. For anyone who didn't know what I was going on about they were colouring in in gray the match winner so even with scores off you knew who won when selecting the match. Once you notice the app is ruined.

The below tweet has a screen shot showing what I mean

https://twitter.com/and8am/status/915692578179289088

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Thank Christ. For anyone who didn't know what I was going on about they were colouring in in gray the match winner so even with scores off you knew who won when selecting the match. Once you notice the app is ruined.

The below tweet has a screen shot showing what I mean

Ha, I never copped that!:o One of the few times my lack of observation has worked in my favour:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    phatkev wrote: »
    Ha, I never copped that!:o One of the few times my lack of observation has worked in my favour:pac:

I'm the same. Missed that completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Wow, I think that's me finished with Gamepass as of the end of this season regardless. Really, really hate that kind of stuff even from companies doing 'no name' cheap products on Amazon etc. This is a €120-160 product for a six month season (including playoffs and preseason) for one of the biggest sports leagues in the world. That kind of carry on should, but won't, mean an immediate termination of their contract with the NFL the day after the Superbowl. in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    I f*&king hate Minnie Mooch and he's back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Have the Panthers V Lions game up... despite it being on sky.

Commentary in Spanish....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cant even get it, just keep getting the loading screen

Gamepass not opening for me at all this evening! anyone else having problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

phatkev wrote: »
    Gamepass not opening for me at all this evening! anyone else having problems?

Me either

I've lost everything now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Down on PC, but working on Xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Not working for me

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Where can gamepass be reported? At this stage I'm feeling scammed.

FFS this is ridiculous

• Advertisement

How can illegal streams offer a better service than a €160 annual sub...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Billy86 wrote: »
    Wow, I think that's me finished with Gamepass as of the end of this season regardless. Really, really hate that kind of stuff even from companies doing 'no name' cheap products on Amazon etc. This is a €120-160 product for a six month season (including playoffs and preseason) for one of the biggest sports leagues in the world. That kind of carry on should, but won't, mean an immediate termination of their contract with the NFL the day after the Superbowl. in my opinion

Right, this seals it. I think a very loud and combined statement needs to be made by subscribers, they'll not refund a penny so it's best to try and find a way to do as much damage to their subscription rate as possible for next season. At this point it's absolutely no different to a consume not making payments on a (hypothetical) monthly plan in which case they would cut said subscriber off immediately.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Xbox is working but a joke of a service

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭mikemac2

The MLB streaming service never ever fails, loads in seconds and you can swipe to bring up any sort of stats you like

How does the NFL take in 9 billion a year and fail to put out a working product :confused:

mikemac2 wrote: »
    The MLB streaming service never ever fails, loads in seconds and you can swipe to bring up any sort of stats you like

How does the NFL take in 9 billion a year and fail to put out a working product :confused:

Because they are cheap a-holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Just sent off an email requesting a full refund of the £140.00 of my hard earned money that I paid for this piece of crap

Don't worry though I do totally expect I won't hear of any response or see a cent of it back

Deltatre are frauds alright but the NFL have shown total contempt of their fanbase letting Deltatre get their grubby thieving paws on this service and our money

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I didn't sign up this year. I was sceptical of the service provider change and wanted to see how it went first.

But last year (or the year before) GamePass wasn't working on Android devices on the opening weekend. I requested a partial refund and was given it (equivalent to 1 weeks worth of the total price) with little to no hassle or pushback. It'll be interesting to see how the new providers react to customers requesting refunds on the back of much bigger, widespread problems.

Advertisement