Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

CardinalJ wrote: »
    How can illegal streams offer a better service than a €160 annual sub...

MY IPTV service doesnt have the games as Gamepass is down :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 martintierney10

Sent a complaint as well. Joke of a service. Can't get on through browser or phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Just got red zone

Try again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

I'd suggest everyone contact the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission.

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/contact/contact-us-form/

Also email any consumer columns in newspapers, sports websites etc.

Conor Pope in the Irish Times, 'Off The Ball' on Newstalk, 'Game on' on 2fm etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

It just came on... for one play... and gone again (PC).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

It'll be interesting to see how the new providers react to customers requesting refunds on the back of much bigger, widespread problems.
    They won't have money to cover the amount of refund requests coming their way after this evenings latest disaster.

I'm absolutely certain they will see the damage of this financially come next August when renewals are due - pissed off customers say to hello Android, IPTV etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 martintierney10

They're poxy website won't even load for me now. Clowns couldn't just leave a working product alone

Ohmeha wrote: »
    They won't have money to cover the amount of refund requests coming their way after this evenings latest disaster.

I'm absolutely certain they will see the damage of this financially come next August when renewals are due - pissed off customers say to hello Android, IPTV etc.

VIPBox, NTV and others if you want to pay for very high quality and actually reliable pirating... it's not as if we're stuck for choice. I would fully get behind a campaign to cripple Gamepass after this shambles, especially if these clowns are left in charge of it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Got about 5 minutes of viewing there before it went to complete **** again.

I can't even load the "contact us" page to complain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Got about 5 minutes of viewing there before it went to complete **** again.

I can't even load the "contact us" page to complain.

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I'll be making a call tomorrow.

Deltatre Ltd
    Media House
    3 Palmerston Road
    London SW19 1PG, United Kingdom
    Tel: 020 8545 1500
    Fax: 020 8545 1501
    Mail: sales.uk @ deltatre.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Glad it is not just me. It keeps telling me that I am trying to access Gamepass from a country outside Europe (I am not).

Irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Just got in.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

Is gamepass down ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

**** service. Really poor. I thought it was just me. Note they've made it so we can't turn off auto renewal. I emailed them there

Aaaaand it's down again. Perfectly in time for the fourth quarter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

https://twitter.com/nfluk/status/917098453032988673

Don't know what they'll actually do (probably nothing)

• Advertisement

Good to see an acknowledgment at least.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/08/nfl-game-pass-continues-to-struggle-in-europe/amp/

It's filtering into the media now. That should expedite matters.

That's the only reason anything's getting done. They didn't care when there were loads of customer complaints. But as soon as it appears in the press, we get quotes from the head honchos in the NFL and they finally admit there's a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Been watching on Xbox last 2 weeks and I have to say I've had zero problems with live games or redzone.

Looking at all the complaints I'm lucky and it's only a matter of time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Been watching on Xbox last 2 weeks and I have to say I've had zero problems with live games or redzone.

Looking at all the complaints I'm lucky and it's only a matter of time.....

If they hurried their asses up and got the PS4 app sorted, it might reduce the complaints a little too!

I've been lucky that i've been using Sky Mix for Redzone, and just GamePass for replays... but today we had friends over for Canadian Thanksgiving so, being the sick puppy I am, I had to keep sticking GamePass on my phone on the sly! Definitely wasn't worth the bollocking I got when I was caught haha. Constantly kicking me out, saying there was issues with my connections but there definitely wasn't. Absolute bull**** product!

What was the reason for switching providers BTW? Did last years supplier (who I never had an issue with) pull out or did the NFL switch to save money? Probably was never confirmed I guess

gerryfed wrote: »
    What was the reason for switching providers BTW? Did last years supplier (who I never had an issue with) pull out or did the NFL switch to save money? Probably was never confirmed I guess

I think they managed it themselves but this year brought in this lot who's remit was to grow the product and increase subscribers, revenue etc.

Hasn't exactly gone to plan.

Some sort of refund coming it seems.

https://twitter.com/nflgamepasseu/status/917148753445998593

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

I think they managed it themselves but this year brought in this lot who's remit was to grow the product and increase subscribers, revenue etc.

Hasn't exactly gone to plan.

Haha not exactly, no!

It's so annoying because I've been preaching to my non-NFL loving friends about how incredible the app was and how it was such great value... then this year happens :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I tried the trial in preseason having been a regular subscriber for the last few years, it was abysmal and reading all the comments here meant that I just didn't subscribe this year. Its baffling to me how they could be so incompetent considering it was perfect for me last year. Would love to know what they changed about the existing offering that made it unusable for almost everyone.

If the Ravens weren't so bad i'd be pissed but as it is i've been able to find a stream thats done the job for me anyway so no loss to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Have constant buffering now on NFL network, waiting for the late games.

Advertisement